Page 342 of 345 FirstFirst ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 8625
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    There had to be some good clusterfuck stories from today with the snow? Any boats, RVs, trailers littering I70?
    Someone "fell" out of their vehicle on the CCP before the snow, then 800 9-1-1 calls for the unoccupied jeep slide off at the bottom of hwy 6/LL. (good Samaritan drove them to the G-town visitor center)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

East bound, heading up Vail pass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201012_201255978.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	343289
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

beater
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Someone "fell" out of their vehicle on the CCP before the snow, then 800 9-1-1 calls for the unoccupied jeep slide off at the bottom of hwy 6/LL. (good Samaritan drove them to the G-town visitor center)
    Saw that jeep while passing by on Loveland Pass. Tilted 45°, barely hanging onto the slope below Rte 6, below the Sisters. Fucking wow.

^prolly an airport rental. One of the people who called it in said they barely made it over the top, and were sliding all over the place before auguring in. No one injured, so that’s good.

Jeeps with shit tires and drivers not the best for snow I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    East bound, heading up Vail pass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201012_201255978.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	343289
    Yeah, backup almost made it to main Vail by the end of he day. Frontage Rd helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Yeah, backup almost made it to main Vail by the end of he day. Frontage Rd helps a little.
    Construction? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Construction? WTF?
    We only have tourist season and cone season.

Yep, construction. Killed maybe 20 minutes.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

I know it was columbus day yesterday and people had the day off, but just way too many people in town for October when none of the leaves are still on the trees.

Stoked on the increased tourism from a business standpoint but god damn we just want a break before it ramps up again in a month haha

Tell ya what, once international borders open back up and Americans can travel again, I bet it'll clear out pretty nice for a while. Seen way too many people here that should probably be eating Gelato in Milan.

yeah what the fuck?
    town is junk show for mid october seems like the communists who run breck aren't even giving up any free parking this fall
    the rental numbers are crushing it right now
    went to the grocery store at 8 oclock the other night and sure as fuck was busy with mostly tourons group shopping
    sunday was entertaining seeing the number of people unable unprepared to drive in shitty weather
    almost at 25 years and I'm trying to figure out if I can keep dealing with stupidity on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Tell ya what, once international borders open back up and Americans can travel again, I bet it'll clear out pretty nice for a while. Seen way too many people here that should probably be eating Gelato in Milan.
    Coconut rum in Cancun.
    Brats in Munich.

I want to blame the tourists, but I wouldn't want CDOT to feel left out. What's worse, closing a road early or not closing it at all?

Mask usage is down and crowded gatherings are up in Breck. So are the COVID #s
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Mask usage is down and crowded gatherings are up in Breck. So are the COVID #s
    Just getting the inevitable out of the way so they dont have to wear masks in the lift line. Some 4D chess right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    Just getting the inevitable out of the way so they dont have to wear masks in the lift line. Some 4D chess right there.
    Indeed... there will be no lift lines if the ski areas don't open. Checkmate!

Fuck, not liking the direction of CO’s CV data. At this rate, they’ll open mountains at 25% capacity.

Fuck, not liking the direction of CO’s CV data. At this rate, they’ll open mountains at 25% capacity.
    Mountains will not open at 25% or even 50%. Ski hills made that clear to the gov.

Hmm, I thought 50% was the mandated reduction and that some mag on the “inside” said mountains were even looking at the possibility of 33%.

Hmm, I thought 50% was the mandated reduction and that some mag on the “inside” said mountains were even looking at the possibility of 33%.
    That "mag on the inside" didn't have any idea what they were talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

ski season is happening everything is moving forward like a normal year
    the ski areas have told the gov't what they are doing and the ski areas are pretending like they are waiting for the goverment to tell them what they are suppose to be doing
    its all bullshit lots of posturing and pretending going on
    the amount of money on the line is too much for another shut down again everyone is pretending like they care but all the care about is money thats all places like summit county are built on
    fucking money, if you think we care about tourists experience and how happy they are forget it it's all about reaching into their pockets
    sure it may get shut down, the limits on skiers and all that stuff is bullshit don't kid yourself
    summit county crushed it this summer the numbers have broken records
    making money is much more important than keeping people safe, sure I can pin point people and issues that have been swept under the rug lately, but thats not fair to them

I guaranfuckingtee there will be major restrictions put in place if Summit, Eagle, Aspen, or wherever become major hotspots with the local hospitals overflowing. Of course it’s all about the money and they’ll do all they can but given it’s mid-Oct and we’re already trending badly, I’m just saying this can’t be a good sign.

It's is pretty nuts how the trend is going right now. It is supposed to be slow season, but numbers are UP UP UP. Case rates are higher than they have EVER been.

The tourists were supposed to be gone, they aren't. Schools have started. But those populations are not the real cause of the spike.

It's everyone having get togethers or being lax on masking/distancing in the workplace.

We are starting to see hospital cases in CO which typically lag behind case spikes by 2-3 weeks (based on predominant transmitting demographics and chains of infection into vulnerable populations or multiplication in less vulnerable populations and then the time it takes to become acutely ill). CDPHE went over this yesterday and it was the most doom and gloom that I'd heard since March. What is sticking in my mind is some of the modeling that I dismissed from early summer was predicting the spike we are seeing now to occur now. Based on this new trend, everything gets shut down in December unless we bend the curve the right way. It is far easier to do it now than in November.

If the hospitals fill, things will shut down. That will be BAD. We must not let it get there. However, everyone has caution fatigue and local cops don't want to break up parties or write tickets for public health order violations, so... I'm feeling pessimistic.

We love to speculate about lift ops, it's exhausting!
    For an enjoyable winter, we're all going to have to give up more time, money or expectations than before - pick your poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It's is pretty nuts how the trend is going right now. It is supposed to be slow season, but numbers are UP UP UP. Case rates are higher than they have EVER been.

The tourists were supposed to be gone, they aren't. Schools have started. But those populations are not the real cause of the spike.

It's everyone having get togethers or being lax on masking/distancing in the workplace.

We are starting to see hospital cases in CO which typically lag behind case spikes by 2-3 weeks (based on predominant transmitting demographics and chains of infection into vulnerable populations or multiplication in less vulnerable populations and then the time it takes to become acutely ill). CDPHE went over this yesterday and it was the most doom and gloom that I'd heard since March. What is sticking in my mind is some of the modeling that I dismissed from early summer was predicting the spike we are seeing now to occur now. Based on this new trend, everything gets shut down in December unless we bend the curve the right way. It is far easier to do it now than in November.

If the hospitals fill, things will shut down. That will be BAD. We must not let it get there. However, everyone has caution fatigue and local cops don't want to break up parties or write tickets for public health order violations, so... I'm feeling pessimistic.
    Exactly as I’m feeling. I’m not sure there will be another Stay At Home “lockdown” like before, but I could see huge restrictions on anything public to get a handle on this if it keeps going this way.