Page 101 of 465 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1911 View Post
    I think they will get a bill, I hope they get a ticket, but I don't know how that works.
    Nope... No bill unless he happened to pass a license plate scanner of which there are only a half dozen on the whole stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Nope... No bill unless he happened to pass a license plate scanner of which there are only a half dozen on the whole stretch.
    I was thinking if he got on near 40, and got off near IS, then I think he passed one..
    But I don't really know

I was thinking if he got on near 40, and got off near IS, then I think he passed one..
    But I don't really know
    He hopped in the lane a few miles east of 40 and then got back in the regular lanes at Idaho Springs, so I'm sure he passed one of the scanners.

On the surface, crossing the white line, doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is a big safety concern when you are traveling 50 mph in the express lane and the left "regular" lane is only going 10 mph.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

There are three photo stations.
    - at the hwy 40 ramp
    - prior to the St Mary's exit
    - just before the tunnel

I noticed a couple other cameras were installed facing east, but I don't know that they are official photo cameras.
    It's illegal to cross the solid white line, but unless there is a cop around it's easy to use the lane for passing and skip the photo cameras.

On Sunday around noon, the fee was $6. I was following a car all the way from 40. There was a small slowdown just before the tunnel and he decided he had enough, I guess, and jumped into the toll lane. Dummy is going to get full toll fee as he hit that last camera location. It didn't save him any time as I caught him at the base of Floyd Hill.

Can someone explain this driving habit I see all over Colorado (probably happens elsewhere too). I don't get why people, at red lights, stop and leave a car length of space (and sometimes more) in front of them. I've had many times when I can't reach the left turn lane at a light because multiple people have done this and cause the length of the backup at a light to be longer than needed...

It's taught in Driver's Education class... if the car in front of you stalls out, or if someone tries to carjack you while at a light, you have room to pull out and escape.

Must just be the excellent drivers all over Colorado, driving by the book and not falling into bad habits that form over years of bad driving.

I was taught to pull up until you can see a few inches of asphalt between the hood of your car and the bumper/tires of the car in front, not a full car length.

If it's the car in front of me and I can't get into the turn lane by inches and they have a car length in front of them I always give a friendly toot of the horn.

You have to be shitting me. I've been driving for 20+ years and have never come across a car that stalled in front of me or the need to be able to turn sharply left or right to get around someone stopped. You do not need a car length and in many cases more. Wow.

20+ years driving experience?That's an exclusive club!

So where do the best drivers actually reside? NY Metro? Bay area? Front Range?

Someone please point me to where all these "good" drivers seem to congregate.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post

Boston

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    20+ years driving experience?That's an exclusive club!

So where do the best drivers actually reside? NY Metro? Bay area? Front Range?

I vote for the northeast, people actually keep right except to pass on highways, maintain speeds in bumper to bumper traffic at 65 mph, let people merge, and drive in cities that were not designed for cars

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    You have to be shitting me. I've been driving for 20+ years and have never come across a car that stalled in front of me or the need to be able to turn sharply left or right to get around someone stopped. You do not need a car length and in many cases more. Wow.
    20+ years and you've never experienced a car stall out at a traffic light? Have you ever seen a traffic light?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I vote for the northeast, people actually keep right except to pass on highways, maintain speeds in bumper to bumper traffic at 65 mph, let people merge, and drive in cities that were not designed for cars
    How far North is the Northeast? I was stationed in MD and those idiots would freak out and forget how to drive if there was rain in the forecast.

I'd vote for NJ/NY/CT. Obviously the traffic sucks, but it's people's driving habits and DOT staff/procedures that make personal vehicle travel there even possible. Drop CDOT and front range drivers into that environment and you'd have instantaneous gridlock. Can't speak for LA and Chicago, but I'd imagine it's similar in other major metro areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Probably not LA. I used to call the far right lane the 'PPL' or Personal Passing Lane when I lived out that way (Orange Countyish, but yeah).

Boston is the most crash prone city by a wide margin.
    I would argue the most weather proof drivers are in Buffalo or Syracuse.

20+ years and you've never experienced a car stall out at a traffic light? Have you ever seen a traffic light?
    I've never experienced having a car stall out directly in front of me, no. And unless I were an inch from their bumper, I could maneuver my way out. My point being: stopping a car length or more back is a bit overcautious.

The NY metro definitely has the best that I've seen, but it's all relative. They still suck. All the distractions like cell phones have generally made drivers everywhere that much worse.

As much as everyone loves to bitch about CO drivers, nowhere to be found on this list....
    https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...-san-francisco

See, I told you Boston was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    More people need to do that. Love it.
    A lady was clogging the right lane playing with her phone in stop and go on 225 east of Denver a few years ago. Her window was down. I laid on the horn as I slowly moved past her in the left lane. So was so startled she dropped the phone. Still makes me laugh.

Ah, noon on a Wednesday with no accidents:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	070616dowd.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	529.7 KB 
ID:	184756
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Construction?

Tons of construction around Avon, Minturn, and Vail. That area is a clusterfuck right now.

Today's cluster was due to a guard rail project in west vail. The entire corridor is a mess currently. Might make it thru clean or might get hammered in any one of about 10 projects. Roll of the dice. Ready for winter!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Probably not LA. I used to call the far right lane the 'PPL' or Personal Passing Lane when I lived out that way (Orange Countyish, but yeah).
    Halfway between Phoenix and LA on I-10, I was passed on the right by a car doing about 90. I was in the RIGHT lane with the passing car driving on the shoulder!

Someone from So. Cal. once asked me why people drive progressively faster as you move into the left lanes

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music