Page 289 of 465 FirstFirst ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 11607
    was driving with my knees and texting last night came up on a car with it's flashers on
    does driving with your flashers on just say your a bad driver or something

No. Flashers say “hey, dumbshit driving with your knees while texting, don’t plow into me”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    The damn Subaru drivers in Boulder are slow as fuck, especially the Forresters. Otherwise, yes, we drive fast in our 5 mile bubble radius (side note: I have snow tires, use my blinkers sine I'm old and have lived in Colorado forever). Lots of zippy cars in this town who know the timing of the lights.

The number of moms complaining because school wasn't cancelled today is crazy (it's too cold! The roads are icy!). BVSD can't win, mom's are mad if they close and mad if they don't.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I think its silly that so many schools canceled today. The roads were fine this morning and not even slick. Its interesting to see the changes over the recent years regarding the conservatism among school administrators with respect to canceling classes for snow. It wasn't too long ago where they wouldn't cancel classes for a foot+. I'm fine with it...the kids are stoked to play in the snow., but some people need to grow a pair. It snowed.....in Colorado....why are you surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    No. Flashers say “hey, dumbshit driving with your knees while texting, don’t plow into me”

Pretty sure that it means “I don’t have the required equipment to be here on the snowy highway so I’m gonna drive 5mph with my hazards on and hope no one plows into me.” I wish the cops would single these folks out and ticket them all.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I think its silly that so many schools canceled today. The roads were fine this morning and not even slick. Its interesting to see the changes over the recent years regarding the conservatism among school administrators with respect to canceling classes for snow. It wasn't too long ago where they wouldn't cancel classes for a foot+. I'm fine with it...the kids are stoked to play in the snow., but some people need to grow a pair. It snowed.....in Colorado....why are you surprised?
    its the cold, not the snow. waiting for a bus that is late due to roads. early winter and alot of kids dont have jackets let alone hats and gloves. but yeah, i agree, need to harden the fuck up.

My kid's school was on a 2 hour delay, didn't realize many places closed. But this is classic damned if you do, damned if you don't, because regardless which decision the administrators make, there will always be some very vocal parents bitching at them.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    its the cold, not the snow. waiting for a bus that is late due to roads. early winter and alot of kids dont have jackets let alone hats and gloves. but yeah, i agree, need to harden the fuck up.
    Yeah, I took my kid to the bus stop yesterday at 7:15am and the bus was 10 minutes late. She was well bundled but some of the other waiting kids were not. I don't know if it's because they don't own good winter clothing (quite possible) or just didn't wear it (also quite possible). But it was pretty fucking cold to be standing there for 10 minutes. Especially given it's October and we don't have our thick winter skin yet!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's always an extra struggle during the transition season.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    My kid's school was on a 2 hour delay, didn't realize many places closed. But this is classic damned if you do, damned if you don't, because regardless which decision the administrators make, there will always be some very vocal parents bitching at them.
    So true...

Yeah, I took my kid to the bus stop yesterday at 7:15am and the bus was 10 minutes late. She was well bundled but some of the other waiting kids were not. I don't know if it's because they don't own good winter clothing (quite possible) or just didn't wear it (also quite possible). But it was pretty fucking cold to be standing there for 10 minutes. Especially given it's October and we don't have our thick winter skin yet!
    It's almost certain that if you see a kid older than 9 not wearing appropriate clothing for the weather, it's BY CHOICE.

At some point, as a parent (at least of boys), you look at what they're wearing (usually shorts, sneakers, and a hoodie), say "You know it's -4F out there, right?", roll your eyes, and tell them to have a nice day. And off they walk to school...

Oh, and I forgot to add - right after you tell them it's -4F out there, they reply, "OK, Boomer."

ain't fuckin Colorado, just West Nebraska.

On the hazard lights discussion, I do use them as a tool to warn others behind me of a sudden change in conditions, an immediate slowdown, wildlife, or the like. I hope this behavior doesn't put me in the "white knuckling it at 35mph taking up two lanes" with the flashers on category. It's often just a "please don't rear end me" flashers use and then I flick em off once we're out of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    On the hazard lights discussion, I do use them as a tool to warn others behind me of a sudden change in conditions, an immediate slowdown, wildlife, or the like. I hope this behavior doesn't put me in the "white knuckling it at 35mph taking up two lanes" with the flashers on category. It's often just a "please don't rear end me" flashers use and then I flick em off once we're out of the woods.
    I do as well under those conditions. If anything, to catch the attention of that guy behind me texting whilst driving with his weeknee.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

It’s because of the super-moms out there that bitch and bitch and bitch some more. It’s dangerous to take the kiddos 4 blocks in the Range Rover!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Exactly what I do. Also, give the 5-7 long stare (conditions permitting) as you pass and cut in front.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

It's almost certain that if you see a kid older than 9 not wearing appropriate clothing for the weather, it's BY CHOICE.

At some point, as a parent (at least of boys), you look at what they're wearing (usually shorts, sneakers, and a hoodie), say "You know it's -4F out there, right?", roll your eyes, and tell them to have a nice day. And off they walk to school...

Oh, and I forgot to add - right after you tell them it's -4F out there, they reply, "OK, Boomer."

Teenagers, especially athletic ones, seem to have some superhuman strength against cold. They stay fine in fucking cold ass temperatures, probably cause their metabolism is running eight thousand miles per minute.

I used to be like that. I remember fighting with my mom when she told me to bring a sweatshirt. We played tackle football in 5 degree weather and 18 inches of fresh snow on Christmas afternoon for like two hours when I was 15 and we were fine. No jackets of course.

I'm no longer like that.

Edit: thread drift.

-18 at my house this morning. School is open. Buses are running. Kids are at the bus stops. Front rangers need to harden the fuck up.

Talk about needing to harden the fuck up -- One of the private high schools in Denver (Mullen) cancelled classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Talk about needing to harden the fuck up -- One of the private high schools in Denver (Mullen) cancelled classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    -18 at my house this morning. School is open. Buses are running. Kids are at the bus stops. Front rangers need to harden the fuck up.
    Lot more poor kids without good clothes and parents that work shitty service jobs with inflexible hours in Denver than there are in the mountains.

Yeah I know there is poverty in the mountains. But as someone who looks at children in poverty numbers 5 days a week, there is an order of magnitude more in Front Range than anywhere else in the state. Sometimes you gotta do shit due to the sheer number of kids you're putting in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Mullen has been that way since I was a kid. Can't get your range rover's dirty meow.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Lot more poor kids without good clothes and parents that work shitty service jobs with inflexible hours in Denver than there are in the mountains.

Yeah I know there is poverty in the mountains. But as someone who looks at children in poverty numbers 5 days a week, there is an order of magnitude more in Front Range than anywhere else in the state. Sometimes you gotta do shit due to the sheer number of kids you're putting in danger.
    Excellent point. We can't view the world through the prism of our privileged lives.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Last week driving down 70 saw a silver Suby Impreza with roof box that had Change For A Nickel sticker and a Fuck Vail sticker on the trunk. Who be that?
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

This exactly. I have students that don't own snow boots and will show up on a snowy/cold day with shoes with holes in them and a hoodie for a jacket in Denver.

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/two-v...ver-two-hours/

One on the east bound lane and the other on the north frontage road.

That's quite the distance split between the 2, and the 2 ejected passengers, one from each vehicle.

Dry roads. Good job idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    https://www.vaildaily.com/news/two-v...ver-two-hours/

One on the east bound lane and the other on the north frontage road.

That's quite the distance split between the 2, and the 2 ejected passengers, one from each vehicle.

Dry roads. Good job idiots.
    Accidents do occur in this country every day on dry pavement, typically with one party at fault and the other an unfortunate consequence. Yes, a fuckload of idiocy occurs on I70 on a regular basis, but it's a little overboard to flame victims of a crash without knowing details.

^ this.

go upside down.