Page 315 of 465 FirstFirst ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 11614
    Danno you won, I lost. Wife negotiation fell through, now leaving for WP at 4pm Friday. Should be a hoot.

twin lobster tails for dinner
    this shit is funny
    wednesday was the day missed your chances

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Truth is the best time to travel I-70 is between 3:00AM-4:30AM.

1) Roads are empty.
    2) A lot of police shifts are light, or not manned at all during this time (in the small towns).
    3) No police means you can just drive around any closed gates. If there is a cop on duty at that hour of the night, he/she has better shit to do.

Get out early folks and stop being little bitches!
    did that run with simple once, it was about 20 years ago
    I remember being shit faced and waking up on someones floor in breckenridge the next day

and get rid of this classic rock
    YG made me drive 90 mph through idaho springs last night

nothing is free and easy

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Danno you won, I lost. Wife negotiation fell through, now leaving for WP at 4pm Friday. Should be a hoot.
    I retract my prior comment. Facepalm.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Just heard Alta and Snowbird didn’t open today because of avys on the road from the heavy, dense snow. Man, I can see the same happening here tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Just heard Alta and Snowbird didn’t open today because of avys on the road from the heavy, dense snow. Man, I can see the same happening here tomorrow.
    Resorts here will open though. Does Steamboat even have to do control work? lol

Vail Pass closing at 7am tomorrow. Hopefully they don't lose a bomb this time.

What do Frangers do when they aren't stuck on I70 or in a never ending lift line? Whatever it is, go do that this weekend. Trust me. It's gonna be a let down. It was 54ºF here just a few days ago. This storm is gonna drop 6 inches tops. You think that's enough to cover up some coral reef shit that we have going on?

Costco, kids birthday parties, scrubbing shower grout, doing your taxes. All of those things need to be done. This will be a good weekend to do them. Just sayin!

VP closed. #3...which is what I picked in the pool this morning.
    EB is alert I got, but closed for adverse conditions so probably WB too.

Friend just got to Silverthorne. Took him 4 hours from Denver (3 from Bakersville). Said road was as slippery as he’s ever seen it on either side of the tunnel, and that plows were just sitting there not plowing. Fucking CDOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    What do Frangers do when they're stuck on I70 or in a never ending lift line?
    Pee bottles, bro. Pee bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Friend just got to Silverthorne. Took him 4 hours from Denver (3 from Bakersville). Said road was as slippery as he’s ever seen it on either side of the tunnel, and that plows were just sitting there not plowing. Fucking CDOT.
    That 5 hour drive to Taos makes more and more sense every weekend.

Poll: Would you rather have a basically guaranteed drive of 5 hours traffic free, or a variable 2-6 hour drive to ski?

A) Take the 5 Hours and plan for it. To and From times will be the same.
    B) Deal with potential shit show (2-6 hours) to ski and roll the fucking dice. Deal with shit traffic and insane people the whole time.

That could have gone worse.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The georgetown camera is hilarious.

The rest of the cams look like the vegas strip.

So here I am in vail
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    So here I am in vail
    Looks like a night of cougar hunting for you
    Sure beats picking up skanks in breck

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Looks like a night of cougar hunting for you
    Sure beats picking up skanks in breck

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app
    If he plays his cards right he could even wind up crashing at a really nice cougar den. Gotta be lots of pickings

I'm eating pizza in Fraser, decided to skip the tunnel, Google was giving me wonky info, telling me that the tunnel was faster, but I decided to risk the 40 route. Still a lot of driving ahead of us after eating. Wish me luck. Or in the case of fastfred or shredgnar, laugh at me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm eating pizza in Fraser, decided to skip the tunnel, Google was giving me wonky info, telling me that the tunnel was faster, but I decided to risk the 40 route. Still a lot of driving ahead of us after eating. Wish me luck. Or in the case of fastfred or shredgnar, laugh at me.
    I think you’ve made a good call.

I70 WB has been closed at Georgetown for over an hour, so great call.
    Old's Cool.

I convinced her, we're leaving tonight.

And it isn't a big deal to pull a kid out of elementary school, we did it for 4 days in November for a vacation. But doing it for an unscheduled day when your wife isn't a powder hound is a subject of negotiation.

Pray for us! I know we should leave now, but 5pm is probably the best I can hope for.
    Nice work, enjoy the weekend!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    I70 WB has been closed at Georgetown for over an hour, so great call.
    2.5 hours from Littleton to Breck, not too bad, tomorrow should be sweet, hope they keep the roads closed through Saturday

A buddy left Boulder at 4, got to Silverthorne at 10. We left Boulder at 5:30, got to steamboat at 10:40, with a dinner stop in Fraser. I'm feeling good. Worst stretch was actually from Empire to Berthoud Falls.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

A buddy left Boulder at 4, got to Silverthorne at 10. We left Boulder at 5:30, got to steamboat at 10:40, with a dinner stop in Fraser. I'm feeling good. Worst stretch was actually from Empire to Berthoud Falls.
    Not bad! Hope you get some deeps to enjoy.

Mrs Beece left for Vail at 10, had a leisurely drive, stopped at a bunch of places for fun, arrived in Vail around 2. No issues.

Her friends left at 2:30 and finally gave up and stayed at Frisco for the night.

Timing is everything.

Left Boulder at 9.15 pm and arrived to Fraser at 11.45 pm. Worst part was 93, lower part of Clear Creek canyon, and then the Winter Park side of Berthoud Pass - complete whiteout.
    Sleeping at a friends place and then on to Steamboat tomorrow morning!

I-70 west was eerily empty, with the closure in Georgetown.