Page 235 of 287 FirstFirst ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 7155
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    That's now considered sexist. "They" park wherever "they" want.
    Actually, my preferred pronoun is "mutha."

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    This will be a great caption for my next instagram post from the tailgate of my lifted Tundra next to my $2k backcountry setup - thx!
    haha I saw approx $4.5K splitboard setups, avi gear, avi avoidance gear, etc on Fremont pass back in the day..... but that also covered the skull thumping headphones
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

Last year for 'Threads for Shreds' jacket trade in program!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I wish I could put my wife in ski school. Same with a bunch of my buddies wives. That and drivers education with an emphasis on winter driving....
    Get her to Bridgestone Winterdrive in steamboat.

For my wife it was as much about empowerment as skill building.

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Got caught in the Sunday traffic for the first time in a while. Had to leave early and didn’t realize how bad it is at 1pm these days. Holy shizz. Didn’t check traffic like a newb and just headed up to the tunnel. Oops. Pulled the parachute and shredded the median before the tunnel. Boot top deep and totally untracked. Had to brace the wife for it though... “this is gonna scare you, I have to gun it and we’re gonna slide around some and may cross a little into the middle lane, but I won’t go till I know we can get clear with enough speed and space to stay ahead and out of the way of oncoming traffic“... good times... she shat a brick of course. A few more times and she should be good right? Hah

On another note, Mexican Train Dominos is a pretty fun way to kill some hours after cancelling your plans. Amazon has it. Just don’t get confused and search for Japanese Train... or do...

Mexican Train Dominos
    You got a good set of rules? The more you get into it the more inconsistencies you discover. It really is one of those great games with fairly simple game play and an infinite amount of strategy and probability.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    saw one of foggy's "people" at the grocery store

all beared out, still wearing his ski pants at 630pm, pants were all pulled up and cuffed properly, beanie on, scuffing and draging his feet as he walked to draw attention to the boss day he had, three to four beers into the evening, and the pure look of joy and happiness on his face, cause the guy went deep two days in a row slaying the pow pow dragon
    Hey now. I wear ski pants in the store because I don't want to get my Saturday work pants dirty in the parking lot. Everything else except the beard is spot on! Also, I'm not one of "Foggy's" guys....buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post
    Hey now. I wear ski pants in the store because I don't want to get my Saturday work pants dirty in the parking lot. Everything else except the beard is spot on! Also, I'm not one of "Foggy's" guys....buddy.
    See, the part that people love to to overlook even though I've brought it up is the joke is on my. I am that guy. You wouldn't catch me in the grocery at 6pm on my day off however.

It's all part of laughing at ourselves, skiers in general, white people in the mountains and this generously ridiculous pursuit we are "into". Look at it from the outside, "you spend how much and set your life up to do what...go outside in nasty weather and stand in lines to slide down snow...beers and burgers cost how much".

The whole anti-fashion dirt bag thing is just a mind fuck for me. My mom showed me a picture from about 1987. Other than the fact that I was 14, I looked like a was wearing the uniform for the annoying to cool for school skier of today.

Vans, bright socks, cuffed ski pants, puffy, flannel hanging out the bottom, work gloves, truckers hat, ISKIs. None of it was retro back then.

But yeah...back to I70

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    <snip>
    Vans, bright socks, cuffed ski pants, puffy, flannel hanging out the bottom, work gloves, truckers hat, ISKIs. None of it was retro back then.
    Come on, man - scan that shit and post it.

You know - for our amusement.

Its in Florida an no way my Mom is using a scanner. There were some sweet ones featuring some OG Spyder race gear than I remember buying on sale with my lawnmowing money. KVCs, Lange Pink Pathers, Kerma, MRs...all of that.

it's easier these days...

have them (her) take a photo of the photo with their phone and voila
    Aggressive in my own mind

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Dammit Foggy, I’m in awe. Too many accurate quotes to quote.

I really want to have a beer with you someday. I’m on the Goose on Mondays with the littlest one. You know where to find me on Thursdays. Or any other time. First 12 pack is on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Dammit Foggy, I’m in awe. Too many accurate quotes to quote.

I really want to have a beer with you someday. I’m on the Goose on Mondays with the littlest one. You know where to find me on Thursdays. Or any other time. First 12 pack is on me.
    This one time a mag, who was a snowboarder, thought he saw me in at Loveland pass, and he shouted to the person “hey, I reallyliketoski”. And the guy replied “then, why are you snowboarding”

This weekend may have everything for a true epic/ikonic shitshow. Plus a Monday storm...
    Name:  download (3).jpg
Views: 373
Size:  5.4 KB

Over/under for long I70 shutdowns today and tomorrow: 8

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Over/under for long I70 shutdowns today and tomorrow: 8
    A good ol' fashioned fender bender where no one is hurt, but closes down the highway at the tunnel for hours on end, delaying the arrival of thousands of Frangers would definitely be a welcomed occurrence today. Just saying....

Just walked past two construction workers autos. One monster truck and one little civic. Both had bald tires. Pray for dem.

Westbound 285, i70, and clear creek all black on cotrip

Westbound 285, i70, and clear creek all black on cotrip
    You say that like black is bad. Racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

I70 and clear creek closed

I70 and clear creek closed
    Colorado is closed till further notice.

Name:  crashes.gif
Views: 322
Size:  167.8 KB

bummer
    looks like mlk weekend is going to be a bust since everyone is stuck on the front range

Parking at Highlands was brutal...

The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Parking at Highlands was brutal...

Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Name:  crashes.gif
Views: 322
Size:  167.8 KB
    Took me 4 hours to get from boulder to Silverthorne, it’s why I live here