Page 386 of 465 FirstFirst ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... LastLast
Results 9,626 to 9,650 of 11607
    How is Denver International? Did they fix the train? Is security still fucked?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    How is Denver International? Did they fix the train? Is security still fucked?
    Train is fine, airport seemed pretty packed when I flew out/back. Security was definitely fucked when I left on Monday afternoon... but I have TSA Pre-Check and it took 5 minutes. FYI, I believe Pre-Check is only open on the south side for a while.

Glenwood closed about 5 minutes before getting there when going eastbound yesterday, already had to detour from down south with the closure on 50 as well. But heck, I had never driven over the cottonwood pass going to Gypsum before, quite nice.

CDOT reported that there were ZERO traffic fatalities over the Labor Day weekend. I thought that was interesting.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Tunnel closed today?

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Tunnel closed today?
    Maroon red line on Gmaps from Silver Plume to tunnel
    #I70clusterfuck #pwned #leafpeepers

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

explains why dillon was a jacked up today
    drove down yesterday blind folded
    use the horn 6 times between c470 and breck on the way home three times was in summit old people I tell you

Boat season is here
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

did you hit it with your windshield?

Idaho Springs charges for parking now? Fuck that town and their $25 ticket I got yesterday. I’ve stopped in for beers and a snack for 25 years, I will now never drop another dime in that town. Fucking shitty truck stop wanna be tourist town.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Idaho Springs charges for parking now? Fuck that town and their $25 ticket I got yesterday. I’ve stopped in for beers and a snack for 25 years, I will now never drop another dime in that town. Fucking shitty truck stop wanna be tourist town.
    Last time we were there we parked for free...

Tried to hit that McD’s on the way home from a red rocks show this summer and it was closed. Town stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Tried to hit that McD’s on the way home from a red rocks show this summer and it was closed. Town stinks.
    I will admit that might be the hardest thing to give up in Idaho Springs. I’ve been hitting that drive through for BE&C biscuits for almost three decades. But I’ll hold strong, and maybe I’ll check out the fast food options in evergreen from now on or I’ve heard good things about the Burger King in Dumont.

If I can give up Two Brothers because the owner is a cunt you can give up MCDONALD'S

Idaho Springs is tots gentrified... they shoulda cheapishly eminent domained the I70 expansion when the place was a meth lab with a pizza place and tommy knockers instead of West Golden with chic eateries and hand crafted micros. Wide shoulder/express tolls forevs!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The IS locals seem to resent sharing their town with tourists, regardless of revenue for struggling businesses.

If I’m ever frustrated by Georgetown shenanigans, I remind myself that we could have bought in IS, have meth-heads for neighbors and/or sleeping on our doorstep, and of course no parking.

That’s a broad generalization of course, and many fine people in IS, but in this line of work, it’s easy to lump a whole city into one negative overall impression, based on the actions of a few frequent fliers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by bendtheski; 09-24-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    The IS locals seem to resent sharing their town with tourists, regardless of revenue for struggling businesses.

If I’m ever frustrated by Georgetown shenanigans, I remind myself that we could have bought in IS, have meth-heads for neighbors and/or sleeping on our doorstep, and of course no parking.

That’s a broad generalization of course, and many fine people in IS, but in this line of work, it’s easy to lump a whole city into one negative overall impression, based on the actions of a few frequent fliers.

But when they start charging for parking in a shithole like IS it makes it very easy for me to hate everything involved with that town and vow to never return. I swear I’ve never had a positive interaction with anyone in customer service in that town anyway (except maybe McDonald’s). So fuck it. I’m done.

Now Georgetown, I really miss the Red Ram. The new brewery is good, the GPB has weirded me out enough that I don’t go anymore. EuroDeli is gone, and I cannot think of anywhere else to eat/drink. Please enlighten us though. I hear the pizza spot is good.

How does GPB weird one out? I've never had anything other than good service and vibes in there?

GPB seems fine to me, except for not having a kitchen or menu. GPB in Empire does pizza anyway, so maybe a better bet if you want more than beer.

511 Rose is new and has weird hours, but as I understand it is a whiskey bar with an interesting menu. Maybe I'll take Mrs. BTS out to dinner and collect some intel for dissemination here.

Coopers is a little spendy, but good food and bar. Menu is a little odd in my opinion, but at least there aren't 3 other restaurants in town serving the same food (Cabin Creek, Alpine and Mtn. Buzz all mediocre pizza joints IMO) .

Cabin Creek, well it was a good start, but for whatever reason, they did away with everything on their menu besides pizza. It's a big open bar/dining room with great views of the lake/mtns, but noisy AF, so I don't go there when it's busy or when they have a band, which essentially means I don't go there. The patio would be great anywhere but Georgetown. They put a yurt up last year and it blew away.

The Alpine is OK for pizza and subs, and has a pretty good bar and dining area. Even when it's crowded, you can get away from the noise in one of the back dining areas.

Pho Bay is OK. No atmosphere whatsoever, but pho is ok if you like that kind of thing. I'd trade for a decent Chinese restaurant or Sushi bar in a heartbeat.

Mountain Buzz just got bought/re-opened. Guy bought the pizza recipes, and seems like a nice guy, but AFAIK they're not doing breakfast anymore, and the one pizza I picked up had a paper-thin rolled-out dough, and probably weighed less than half what one of Brett's pies did.

Roundabout Burgers is for sale, and I never went there. Happy Cooker, A & K's and Whistle Stop are breakfast/lunch only, but Happy Cooker is very good IMO.

Really, the best food in town comes from my grill, pizza oven or kitchen. I should open a restaurant because I hear it's a very low-stress environment, and requires only a miniscule investment of time and energy.

The Ram has been re-modeling for over a year now, and still think a re-launch is a long way off. Place had just been sold before it burned, and really hoping the new owner breathes some new life into it. Lucha was hit or miss IMO, and take-out all miss.

Whoa, this thread took a turn. Yeah, fuck IS and their shitty Starbucks with the fake built in electric fireplace. And fuck the sketchy ass motel next door that belongs on the Jersey turnpike next to a toll booth instead of along Clear Creek. And fuck that waterfall/wheel thingy that distracts everyone going EB and causes slowdowns.

A pedestrian walking on the left shoulder between 244 and 243 WB kept it interesting for a while this afternoon. Maybe he walked on from hwy 6 at Two Bears and couldn’t cross, but there’s a bike path and CR 314 he could have taken. Cdot kept a camera on him. Looked like he had about 3 feet from guardrail to speeding traffic. People slamming on brakes, and general mayhem. Deputy was getting on at 243 when a good Samaritan pulled over, and traffic stopped finally to let him cross. Fucking nervous there for a while.

What were we talking about?

well god damn, when I lived in littleton and had to drive i70 a lot, I just brought a sandwich or waited until morrison to go to willy's wings haha

Took the "long" way (I-70 to 93 to 24 to Cottonwood) to CB yesterday instead of 285, and other than a few stupid truck drivers near the tunnel, it was smooth sailing. Goddamn the drive is beautiful from Copper all the way to Crested Butte.

I'm guessing Epikonic-level traffic jams will ensue tomorrow afternoon.

shit is getting back to normal thank god
    monday thru wednesdays are almost peaceful and enjoyable
    then thrusday afternoon and it all goes to shit

hopefully the leaves all die this weekend and people stay home till late november
    please?

gapers gonna gape