Page 139 of 465 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 11607
    Can someone tell me why it took us 1.5 hrs to go from basically abasin to Loveland over LL Pass on Sunday around 3pm? No traffic on I-70. We would have turned around in driven through the tunnel but were shuttling a BC line and had a car dropped at the summit of LL Pass. That was a total fucking nightmare.

Metering to prevent people from being parked under slide paths near Loveland. It was miserable but the alternative is to go around and get stuck in the metering before the tunnel. Took me the same 1.5 hours from upper lot of abasin to I70 merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable Lasagna View Post
    Metering to prevent people from being parked under slide paths near Loveland. It was miserable but the alternative is to go around and get stuck in the metering before the tunnel. Took me the same 1.5 hours from upper lot of abasin to I70 merge.
    If that's the intent then it's a total failure. I was parked under the 7 sisters for a solid 10 minutes

That's weird. The guy stopped me right before them?

Quote Originally Posted by skinewhere View Post
    If that's the intent then it's a total failure. I was parked under the 7 sisters for a solid 10 minutes
    Sounds as if they released too many cars at once - not getting backups entering I-70 correct?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Can someone tell me why it took us 1.5 hrs to go from basically abasin to Loveland over LL Pass on Sunday around 3pm? No traffic on I-70. We would have turned around in driven through the tunnel but were shuttling a BC line and had a car dropped at the summit of LL Pass. That was a total fucking nightmare.
    Because skiing on weekends in the Front Range is a fucking nightmare and not worth it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Because skiing on weekends in the Front Range is a fucking nightmare and not worth it anymore.
    Exactly. I have not even gone to any resort in 2 weeks. Maybe 3? Like I don't even have it in me to battle the masses. I almost don't even care anymore. I'm already thinking about not buying a pass to anywhere next season.

What time does metering typically start? What are the circumstances of metering?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    There may have been no traffic on I-70 because they were metering on the west side?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah, the metering is on the west side.

That's ridiculous though. During the week it takes what, 13 minutes from Loveland to A Basin max? An hour and a half on Sunday? That's enraging.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Take it to the weather thread JONGs, this thread is for the butthurtz.
    just thought it needed to be repeated

funny

the best advice, give up, don't get a pass, skiing sucks in colorado, traffic sucks, weekends suck, there was no powder this weekend so the skiing sucked cause no one skis hardpack in colorado only pow pow on the other hand I found shin deep powder on top of untracked snow and it skiied pretty nice for thirty turns whaaaa

all you need is a cumpass so you can find those north faces bitches and don't try to drive 70 on the weekends at high tide duh

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Sounds as if they released too many cars at once - not getting backups entering I-70 correct?

... Thom
    Mass exodus from Loveland?

Loveland's been there a minute, you'd think it would be figured out by now. I'm really getting sick of this state. Low snow, high avy danger, cost of living, but the traffic takes the cake.

this thread is for the butthurtz.

I'm really getting sick of this state. Low snow, high avy danger, cost of living, but the traffic takes the cake.
    Old's Cool.

Ah, much better now that we're back to the traffic butthurtz. Thanks Wildman for getting this thing back on track.

I'm really getting sick of this state. Low snow, high avy danger, cost of living, but the traffic takes the cake.
    Quality butthurt right here.

You guys should have listened to your Eldora friends. Friends don't let friends drive i70

Duh

I dunno, I drove down and back today and I don't know what all the fuss is about.

I did however see them hauling/limping that carcass of a truck trailer(from Georgetown?) through the St Mary stretch which almost caused a pile up.

Comparing Monday to Sunday afternoon? Makes sense... that's like comparing Silverton to Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Comparing Monday to Sunday afternoon? Makes sense... that's like comparing Silverton to Eldora.
    I guess I could have used an emoji, but I didn't.

CDOT rocks.

New toll lane is the TITS......second shift at the Luv on sunday...left at closing bell...1hr door to door.....

Colorado is learning how to drive after about 8 years of hard training...
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yeah, the metering is on the west side.

That's ridiculous though. During the week it takes what, 13 minutes from Loveland to A Basin max? An hour and a half on Sunday? That's enraging.
    The front range jongs can't look at the pretty mountains, light up their joint, jerk off, pick their nose, text about nothing, change their music and actually drive at the speed limit on dry roads at the same time. Cars behind them don't matter.

Ah, much better now that we're back to the traffic butthurtz. Thanks Wildman for getting this thing back on track.
    Awesomesauce.

We need a ABSkier response for Presiday!

T-shirt weather in Eco!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    The front range jongs can't look at the pretty mountains, light up their joint, jerk off, pick their nose, text about nothing, change their music and actually drive at the speed limit on dry roads at the same time. Cars behind them don't matter.
    Like hell I can't.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

No traffic today. Everyone's given up on skiing.