Page 8 of 465 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    my guess for the total shut down is because emergency workers are now fearing for their lives

people are not seeing emergency trucks, lights, and traffic backed up, a vail fire truck got assholed by somebody who just didn't see it in the middle of the lane of traffic and didn't realize all the traffic in the left lane was stopped for a reason

i know a guy who fixes broken down tractor trailers on the side of the road and is a tow truck driver he's had hundreds of close calls with people not paying attention on i70 so thats my guess total shut down because people cannot yield and be safe

So what are the chances of getting to Vail tonight if I leave about 4:30pm? Wife's surgery is @ 6am tomorrow. She is already tense enough.

*^^^. You'll make it. Staying at Evergreen?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll be at the Evergreen to Sunday, if they release Joan that morning.

let us know if you need anything while you are up here. Best of luck on the surgery!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

So based on this year and the CDOT alerts that have been sent out from here on out it sounds like Vail Pass will be closed at any sign of precipitation.

Just got another one that says its closed again.

Got the news from crystal 93 just as I hit the copper exit. The radio station does a better job providing road status than cdot. The 91/24 loop was pretty, even had a sunny spot south of tenn-pass.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TGR Forums

Glad you made it. I saw the closure and figured you either just made it or just missed it
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Loveland Pass closed due to Incident. Cannot get to the ski area. Just FYIs.
    Everything is coming up Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Knight View Post
    Loveland Pass closed due to Incident. Cannot get to the ski area. Just FYIs.
    Supposedly CDOT blew up a bomb in the gun. Two CDOT workers hurt. Hopefully they'll be ok.

Looks like LL is closed for the day.... hopefully the guys are OK.

Sounds as if one of the injured was CDOT and the other CAIC. One listed in fair condition and one in serious.

Sad - hope they both recover well. Tough work they all do.

I heard a bomb blew up in the truck, not good. Bummer

It's already begun. Been sitting in a standstill EB by St Mary's bc of lane closures. Over an hour here. Can't they do this during off hours? This is fucking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    It's already begun. Been sitting in a standstill EB by St Mary's bc of lane closures. Over an hour here. Can't they do this during off hours? This is fucking ridiculous.
    This..im in same mess. Awesome CDOT app shows traffic moving normally

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    Awesome CDOT app shows traffic moving normally
    It's been said before, but the app blows goats, don't use it. Use the website (which has a mobile version). Much better.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^ FWIW, the CDOT website shows green all the way through I-70 too. They're clearly hiding things on both sites.

FWIW I've always had pretty good luck with the app, I mostly check the cams for snow but when I've gone to look at traffic in the past the cams/map are pretty accurate.

I use an I70 app that isn't CDOT and I call 511 and I get text alerts. The combo of those 3 keeps me out of most. Biggest thing last year and this year is being aware that its gonna slow down there so EB needs to leave pretty early to avoid most of it. If you leave the city WB on a Friday, you're gonna wait....alot. Need to be WB by noon to avoid most of it.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

If what happened yesterday happens indefinitely while they have the re-route, I may take fucking Squaw Pass Rd around to Evergreen.

BTW, I don't get what this new project is and how it's being executed. Are they not adding a new lane WB, just widening? That's ludicrous.

They are now rerouting EB around on that frontage road they built for the previous project, and rerouting WB into the EB tunnel. Why didn't they do this last spring when they already had the EB rerouted? They could have blasted the WB tunnel as needed quickly and then done the final touches to the EB tunnel. Clusterfuck planning.

If what happened yesterday happens indefinitely while they have the re-route, I may take fucking Squaw Pass Rd around to Evergreen.

BTW, I don't get what this new project is and how it's being executed. Are they not adding a new lane WB, just widening? That's ludicrous.

They are now rerouting EB around on that frontage road they built for the previous project, and rerouting WB into the EB tunnel. Why didn't they do this last spring when they already had the EB rerouted? They could have blasted the WB tunnel as needed quickly and then done the final touches to the EB tunnel. Clusterfuck planning.
    How is this clusterfuck planning? How could they have blasted both tunnels in one spring without rerouting all of I-70 onto the frontage road? If you remember EB was on the frontage road and WB didn't shift and utilized the existing tunnel during the entire project. They didn't do WB immediately because they didn't want to have construction during winter weather and ski traffic.

As far as the WB tunnel widening goes they are just widening the tunnel for now. Personally I think it's dumb not to add the third lane immediately, but it probably comes down to the budget. I assume there is only enough this year to widen the tunnel and not a lane. Also I'm pretty sure they were only able to widen the WB this year because the EB tunnel came in under budget and it will save them 5-7 million by doing it now since all the molds and everything are already there.

I don't get what this new project is and how it's being executed.
    Project benefits
    Doing this project now saves an estimated $5 million to $7 million because the equipment, resources and detour needed to do the work are already in place.
    With a wider, brighter tunnel entrance, the traffic flow on westbound I-70 will improve as motorists will be less likely to slow down when approaching the tunnel.
    Driver safety will also improve with the removal of rock from the walls above the tunnel portals and along the north side of the highway along the outside each portal.
    This project sets the stage for future westbound I-70 improvements which may use the extra lane for general purpose travel, peak period travel and/or transit.

http://www.coloradodot.info/projects/i70twintunnels

personally... I am all for it. Forms and shit are already there.... do it now.