Page 421 of 465 FirstFirst ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,525 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Been a long time since I drove through the belly of the beast, but my daughter has a ski race at Keystone tomorrow. Would like to be there 7:15ish, 7:30 is absolute latest. What time do I leave Lafayette? 5:30? 5:15? Obviously need a cushion, but also don't want to get there way too early.
    Yesterday. RIP

Fuck
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Name:  Image1673060653.637109.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  137.4 KB

hee haw
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

You’re looking good Mikey

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

that’s what I keep hearing so it must be true
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

As a rule I avoid Breck on weekends. Actually, avoid it altogether. But today I’m skiing with my nephew from FL. No traffic at 5:30 at the 70-470 junction. Smooth travel all the way. I expected more. Sort of disappointed.
    Maybe the lift lines won’t be stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I would like a conditions report from the Summit, Eagle and Grand Resorts to proof my hypothesis:

The weekend after the holidays is busy as shit due to the "there is no way I'm going during the holidays, lets go the weekend after". It is turbo charged by the STR owners that don't go during their "high season" for rates.

yawn

Lotta school breaks were spread out to this week this year so I heard. Honestly it’s been mellow on the mtn, base area lifts have been a bit busy but tbar n such has been empty

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I would like a conditions report from the Summit, Eagle and Grand Resorts to proof my hypothesis:

The weekend after the holidays is busy as shit due to the "there is no way I'm going during the holidays, lets go the weekend after". It is turbo charged by the STR owners that don't go during their "high season" for rates.
    The I70 maroon line on gmaps starts at the buffaloes this morning, and goes to the bottom of Floyd Hill. It’s a shitshow.

Looks like maroon and red from Frisco to Copper for over an hour this AM. No doubt there was a huge exodus from Epic to Ikon this season.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 01-07-2023 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    The I70 maroon line on gmaps starts at the Buffaloes this morning, and goes to the bottom of Floyd Hill. It’s a shitshow.
    Maroon
    Moron
    or
    Moran?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F1B26E0-5F0F-4617-936D-D0F30B5DF693.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	441616

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

To do this, one would have to actually ski weekends. No thank you. Got very warm very quick this morning though. Should be a acl field day.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    To do this, one would have to actually ski weekends. No thank you. Got very warm very quick this morning though. Should be a acl field day.
    I feel bad for those who can't ski weekends or holidays because their home resort is so insane. I know it is a short term enjoyment for us, but our local bump up the road getting off the Epic has been the best thing ever. I've committed to being a weekend warrior now, don't think I could pull it off many other places.

why do people hate colorado?

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Depends what your playing field is.

In general there are a more savvy crop of alchys in Summit. They seem to do a better job of budgeting and not ending up in DTs like the Eagle drunks.

Truly though, if you are looking locals you have to ask whether you consider Downvalley (Gypsum, Eagle). Without that region, Eagle loses, with it, it's close.

You a 20 something looking for the cutest alcoholic 52 year old ski tech boy turned general contractor? PM fastfred. He'll take your to Wendys, his treat, and yell at slow drivers on the way!
    Gold Jerry, gold.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

This has been I70 in Ten Mile Canyon all morning. How do people do this? Probably an hour to park or find out there’s no more parking.

Name:	IMG_7922.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	441620

Fairly easy sailing to Keystone today, passing 70/470 around 5:50.

Coming home, not so fun.

And a tiring race day.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    This has been I70 in Ten Mile Canyon all morning. How do people do this? Probably an hour to park or find out there’s no more parking.

Name:	IMG_7922.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	441620
    Thanks for pointing this out yesterday, we were about to head to Mayflower. Ended up staying close to home and finding a new spot that was pretty great.

WTF, people just discovering Copper exists? Makes me consider going back to Vail Resorts...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Meh, let em ski Copper. It is a great mountain. About time that it is getting some love. Been the red headed step child of the county for long enough. Now let em make some money. It'll help spread folks out.

Yeah they will mostly congregate around center village for the blue groomers and a little west for terrain park action, not so difficult to slip past that mess.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Yeah they will mostly congregate around center village for the blue groomers and a little west for terrain park action, not so difficult to slip past that mess.
    And two new fast ass lifts plus super B. I've spent entire days on A chair but with that new resort going in I wonder if that'll become a high speed 12 pack or something someday.

I also wonder about A lift, that whole face has legit pitch, not so many ways down for beginner/intermediates. How will people get to their condos?
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    And two new fast ass lifts plus super B. I've spent entire days on A chair but with that new resort going in I wonder if that'll become a high speed 12 pack or something someday.
    Does that mean the parking lot at A chair is going away? 🥲

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Does that mean the parking lot at A chair is going away? 🥲
    There used to be a time when parking was free at the bottom of b lift it took 20 mins to get the top with a chair change half way up you'd unload at the top after puffing two bowls and wonder if you could actually ski those were the days of the summit pass empty slopes mid week and general