Page 418 of 465 FirstFirst ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 11607
    I don't think this has been discussed, but then again TGR search...
    I'm going to give this a whirl this year (both as a driver and rider) - https://treadshare.com/. Hopefully it can be reliable, especially if a rider and on the return.
    There's also this one - https://www.caravancarpool.com/ - but doesn't seem as active.
    I always feel guilty pulling into a lot solo. Maybe one of these gets some real legs and helps some with traffic, parking, cost, climate, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Well there aren't any pics of the semi, I wonder if this was actually a crashed GOTOS with those black containers hooked to it?
    north bound horse.

just here to post that I drove up and down 70 a couple times last week of course I was headed the right direction on the right days at the right time so I slightly got rimmed but no total penetration

tuesday I thought was gonna be ugly cause they were doing some rock work on g town hill but alas I made it right through around lunch time instead of texting and making phone calls while sitting in traffic as planned i had to do it while driving busines waits for no one

observations

I was the asshole driving like an asshole the other nite sorry i fI cut you off avg about 85 mph until the tunnel area where we slowed to 60 cause a skim of shit was on the road

the cops have a new hidie hole about a mile past the east bound start of the express lane is a nook and suprise

the semi trailer headed east going down mt vernon canyon doing 75 mph weaving unable to stay in their lane was scary as shit I backed the fuck off

left laners WTF? serious wtf?

coming out of the tunnel the other morning and keeping it real around 55 to 60 mph was good in the shit conditions but man it seems that if you have a rental car or a big truck 75 is aok do any of those big trucks have weight in the bed

some

has I-70 travel been smooth as a baby's bottom? remarkably little chatter here now that we're back into winter travel.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    has I-70 travel been smooth as a baby's bottom? remarkably little chatter here now that we're back into winter travel.
    no and yes whats the question?

coming back up the hill sat nite it was stop and go east bound from bottom of gtown hill to the twin tunnels and heavy flow down mt vernon canyon so maybe that wasn't too bad? dumont was a disaster cause everyones app was telling them to take the frontange road from wanker park

sat am seemed pretty mellow west bound

Nobody drives I70 anymore, too much traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    that checks out
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Hey anyone know any good touring spots off 285? Surely there's some magical spot that gets 700" of snow a year with easy access and no avy danger that the other 5 million people on the Front Range haven't discovered yet.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Hey anyone know any good touring spots off 285? Surely there's some magical spot that gets 700" of snow a year with easy access and no avy danger that the other 5 million people on the Front Range haven't discovered yet.
    Never tried to ski that side of Guanella.

Georgia Pass is amazing if you like wind battered bulletproof snow. We've explored from Ute to Hoosier to Monarch Passes and it's all shit until spring upslopes. If it's empty its because we are pow snobs and it didn't meet our standards.

I've skied around Whale Peak in spring -- some awesome lines back there. But a PITA access wise...wonder if you're allowed to BRAP it up around those parts?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    wonder if you're allowed to BRAP it up around those parts?
    yes there's just never enough snow

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Georgia Pass is amazing if you like wind battered bulletproof snow. We've explored from Ute to Hoosier to Monarch Passes and it's all shit until spring upslopes. If it's empty its because we are pow snobs and it didn't meet our standards.
    Ute is a weird zone. We've scored there in January, but I was expecting an old barbed wire fence to snag me.

If you could get back by the Iron Fens, below Geneva Peak, I'd bet the skiing is pretty damn good.

Back to i70, westbound toll lane should help on those dry Saturday mornings.

well... I'm trapped in vail. LAME
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    well... I'm trapped in vail. LAME
    First World Problems thread JONG.

WTF it's not snowing or windy and hasn't been for hours, 70 closed from Vail completely to Loveland. Can't even go through Leadville... I'd have to go to Fairplay.

hopefully mtm took you in for the nite provided you some meatballs and whiskey to take the pain away

It opened and the road was basically dry. CDOT person confirmed that the problem was Eisenhower and CDOT closed everything else just to keep traffic from backing up. When closing VP because of Eisenhower, CSP needs to allow SC residents with snow tires past the closures as they wouldn't be contributing to any backups.

The wonderfully insightful one man’s junk fb group made it sound like silverthorne was a parking lot with EB70 being closed

Friend said it took 3 hours to go from Frisco to Spring Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    The wonderfully insightful one man’s junk fb group made it sound like silverthorne was a parking lot with EB70 being closed
    somedays I think I need to be on FB just so I can feel the pulse of summit county I'm sure they make this thread seem pretty tame friends have showed me how they have been publicly shamed on one mans junk its pretty sad and funny at the same time lots of entitlement on there from what I been told

was going to goto trailerthorne last night but skipped it when I found out 70 was closed didn't need to be part of that mess

^^^ Trailerthorne isn’t a trailer park anymore. Lots going on there, north of I70 and in Dillon.

yea now it is West West West Denver

At least Silver Plume is yet to be discovered. Has good skiing one day every 10 years as well!

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    <snip> I'd have to go to Fairplay.
    So what's the problem? That's a nice drive.