Page 416 of 465 FirstFirst ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 11607
    There’s still a maroon and red line from Gennesse Hill to the bottom of Floyd Hill WB I70, at 2:23pm. Fucking unreal.

Is 6th closed through Clear Creek still?

#frontrangesuperpunterweekend

I'm with adrenalated if some one could dump a beat to shit snowmobile on georgetown pass tonight I'll give you $100 bucks two snowmobiles will get you $300 and be much more better

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Depends what your playing field is.

In general there are a more savvy crop of alchys in Summit. They seem to do a better job of budgeting and not ending up in DTs like the Eagle drunks.

Truly though, if you are looking locals you have to ask whether you consider Downvalley (Gypsum, Eagle). Without that region, Eagle loses, with it, it's close.

You a 20 something looking for the cutest alcoholic 52 year old ski tech boy turned general contractor? PM fastfred. He'll take your to Wendys, his treat, and yell at slow drivers on the way!
    Lol I finally just met him in the sugar daddy thread and now this reply is hilarious

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

70 closed EB, semis got tangled.

Not a bad commute WB today.

'Merica!
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

^^^apparently there was a fatality

While every one is posting pretty trees ll post up pretty highways I woke up this morning in Aurora lucky for me the I 70 central project gets 2 thumbs up 75 mph in the express lane this morning was money just sad when it ended by Pecos and I was stuck w the plebs cunnting up the left lane

5 damn years.

Why do these projects take so interminably long? Doesn't anyone do cost analysis on delays due to extended construction?

Storms coming... so will I-70 first close Sat night or Sun morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I'm wondering if it will kick off with a "safety closure" or just a bunch of idiots forcing a closure. Whichever, within the first 2 hours of when snow flies on Vail Pass.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

They are just trying to protect us from ourselves. Or themselves, aka pass through drivers completely unaware that it snows in CO.

I'm looking forward to driving to Ft. Collins today. Going thru State Bridge and over Trail Ridge Road just to avoid as much of I-70 as possible.
    Not looking forward to the return on Sunday. Might go over Cameron Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I'm looking forward to driving to Ft. Collins today. Going thru State Bridge and over Trail Ridge Road just to avoid as much of I-70 as possible.
    Not looking forward to the return on Sunday. Might go over Cameron Pass.
    And this is about the time when someone would post a meme involving Jason Bateman and your "Bold Strategy". haha

Drive over was awesome.
    Drive back over Cameron Pass was really nice, but the Cameron Peak Fire was frickin huge.

The shit hit the fan just south of Walden. Glare ice all the way over Gore Pass and 131, to just above Wolcott.
    Worst conditions I'd seen in a long time, but at least nobody was on the road.

Wait...you went Walden>Wolcott via Gore Pass in a snow storm? Trough Rd. would have been the way.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Why do these projects take so interminably long? Doesn't anyone do cost analysis on delays due to extended construction?
    CDOT decision makers prioritize minimizing disruption at any given time to the traveling public, over total traveler-hours lost or extra costs from longer construction durations. A typical bridge could be replaced in a couple months if you were to shut down everything and just do it. It takes a year and a half because TPTB would rather keep all lanes open in each direction for the full project duration.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

That sounds so... reasonable.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    <snip> A typical bridge could be replaced in a couple months if you were to shut down everything and just do it.
    I'd bet it could be done in less time than that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VMMq0fNWjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btOE0rcKDC0

Ah yes, if only they watched more YouTube videos, they could totally learn how to build bridges faster.

Ha!

If Skrd sat in a bridge design meeting the acronyms we toss around would blow his head up in 5 minutes.

We use ABC to find fast track designs dude. Building offline and dropping it in will be a big part of Floyd Hill don't you worry.

Those 4 days a year you go from the Front Range to the resorts or baby Backcountry will not be impacted I promise

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Ha!

If Skrd sat in a bridge design meeting the acronyms we toss around would blow his head up in 5 minutes.

We use ABC to find fast track designs dude. Building offline and dropping it in will be a big part of Floyd Hill don't you worry.

Those 4 days a year you go from the Front Range to the resorts or baby Backcountry will not be impacted I promise
    And if he sat down in the conversations about construction costs versus commuter costs and how to balance the 2 while still keeping everything flowing - double blown. Timely topic as I am sitting in the airport on my way to a planning meeting for the Accelerated Bridge Conference.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    CDOT decision makers prioritize minimizing disruption at any given time to the traveling public, over total traveler-hours lost or extra costs from longer construction durations. A typical bridge could be replaced in a couple months if you were to shut down everything and just do it. It takes a year and a half because TPTB would rather keep all lanes open in each direction for the full project duration.
    Thank you for the explanation!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I get *why* a lot of these construction things take a long time, just pointing out that a lot of it probably COULD be done much more quickly. But, you know - nobody wants to pay for it. They'd rather bitch about how long it takes.

Baby backcountry, lol. That is some quality shitposting.
    If we get serious and finally build the IkonicMonorail or EpicGondola, we would have minimal disruptions!