Page 397 of 465 FirstFirst ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 11610

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I think that’s the hourly hazmat closure

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oh. Google maps says i70 is closed until January 13 and Loveland pass is closed until April. LolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2051.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	734.0 KB 
ID:	400153

Love the drive from da springs to Breckenridge.
    No traffic and nice scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berthoud closed?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Oh. Google maps says i70 is closed until January 13 and Loveland pass is closed until April. LolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2051.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	734.0 KB 
ID:	400153
    Same with Vail Pass. Closed till April 🤨

Google maps also seems to think Gore Pass is permanently closed
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

my trip to breckenridge..........................
    after slogging it up 70

by ten am all the electronic signs the town has spent millions on say no parking in town park on airport rd
    the airport rd parking lot has enough people in line to fill 4 or 5 covid buses
    but getting bus drivers to work for vail and who can pass a drug screen well...............
    instead of following the electronic signs you opt to feel special and drive into town drive in circles and hope that because today is your day you will find some where to park in town that takes 45 mins before you give up and drive down to airport rd
    then you finally get to the gondola cause you don't know any better \
    that was a solid 45 min wait to get into a moist covid filled box with every ones biological matter sticking to the plexiglass
    once you get dooshed out onto peak 8 like a pro you wait another 45 minutes to get on a chairlift that takes you to shit terrain
    you bitch to your mates on the 6 pack and wonder why the imperial lift isn't running even though they have had consistent 15 inch dumps up there since early november

two runs in it's too cold and snowy

Did they wave to you?
    Did you wave back?

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

My typical Snowmass day.

Take the hound for a quick spin, before the the lifts open.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0990.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	400167

Talk up the smoking hottie, walking her dog.

Roll up to the VX just as it opens. Score an empty 6 pack. Rip Untacked Powderoy for 2 hours, then another hour of untracked gated terrain.

Never rode with anyone.

Maybe watch a little football and head back out late.

Name:	IMG_0992.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	400168

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Did they wave to you?
    Did you wave back?

naw I think the fun got sucked out of breck friday around 1pm it'll be back monday morning though
    my business partner was yelling at people for cutting through our parking lot this morning

another "local" thing is when you see a buddy's truck and you park as close as you can to them so they can't open the drivers side door always good for a few laughs

That is a better program than Fred’s

Beaut of a day to go to Gypsum and back!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    My typical Snowmass day.

Take the hound for a quick spin, before the the lifts open.

Name:	IMG_0990.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	400167

Talk up the smoking hottie, walking her dog.

Roll up to the VX just as it opens. Score an empty 6 pack. Rip Untacked Powderoy for 2 hours, then another hour of untracked gated terrain.

Never rode with anyone.

Maybe watch a little football and head back out late.

Name:	IMG_0992.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	400168
    Take a hike. Nobody cares. This is a bitch thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    naw I think the fun got sucked out of breck friday around 1pm it'll be back monday morning though
    Ha, I left there at that time.
    Be back Tuesday.
    What time is lunch?

my business partner was yelling at people for cutting through our parking lot this morning

another "local" thing is when you see a buddy's truck and you park as close as you can to them so they can't open the drivers side door always good for a few laughs
    Ha, left there at that time Friday.
    Gonna, play it safe and come back Tuesday.
    What time is lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Ha, I left there at that time.
    Be back Tuesday.
    What time is lunch?

if I'm not in aurora getting a rub and tug then yeah
    send me a pm
    I'll take you to the drive though at wendys or milf hunting at whole foods pick one

my trip to breckenridge..........................
    after slogging it up 70

by ten am all the electronic signs the town has spent millions on say no parking in town park on airport rd
    the airport rd parking lot has enough people in line to fill 4 or 5 covid buses
    but getting bus drivers to work for vail and who can pass a drug screen well...............
    instead of following the electronic signs you opt to feel special and drive into town drive in circles and hope that because today is your day you will find some where to park in town that takes 45 mins before you give up and drive down to airport rd
    then you finally get to the gondola cause you don't know any better \
    that was a solid 45 min wait to get into a moist covid filled box with every ones biological matter sticking to the plexiglass
    once you get dooshed out onto peak 8 like a pro you wait another 45 minutes to get on a chairlift that takes you to shit terrain
    you bitch to your mates on the 6 pack and wonder why the imperial lift isn't running even though they have had consistent 15 inch dumps up there since early november

two runs in it's too cold and snowy
    9/10
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Sounds like I70 EB is closed at the tunnel? Silverthorne is a parking lot?

Silverthorne was fucked this evening. People trying to cut through Dillon valley just hitting an even longer line of traffic on little beaver. All time out there.

I've been out of loop lately with traffic cdot/google/waze shenangians, wife was going to bring the kids up to basin for a few hrs into close while I get in a hike. Google telling us she has to do i70 to eisenhower and up 6 @ Loveland. Abasin website has orange banner US 6 E open to Abasin. Is this some ploy by cdot and managers at google/waze to redirect front ranger traffic patterns? Not seeing any cdot closures listed. Legit avy/control just prior to abasin or this a measure prevent backup near loveland i70 merge?

My experience navigating around Routt and Grand Counties during the StormPocolypse is that none of those online resources work very well. This was verified by the State Trooper I talked to and traffic being stopped on roads that showed as open and vehicles getting through on roads shown as closed.

Also of note, it appears Grand and Eagle County and going to proactively close Trough Rd. when Vail Pass closes as this is the Waze/Google Maps route around. That road is a bit gnarly for the unexperienced and help can be a long ways away.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Also of note, it appears Grand and Eagle County and going to proactively close Trough Rd. when Vail Pass closes as this is the Waze/Google Maps route around. That road is a bit gnarly for the unexperienced and help can be a long ways away.
    I'm sure waze and google will just route people over some unplowed 4WD road just like during the Glenwood closures
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Somewhere up above Idaho Springs there is a great sign at the junction of a 4wd road and an asphalt county road that reads something along the lines of: GOOGLE IS WRONG THIS IS A HIGH CLEARANCE 4WD ROAD IF YOU HAVE A STOCK VEHICLE DO NOT DRIVE THIS WAY

Had a long drive to Western Eagle County and back on Saturday. So much stupid on the roads. Reminds me why I never leave our neighborhood on the weekends. Why the fuck do people do that to themselves every weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Had a long drive to Western Eagle County and back on Saturday. So much stupid on the roads. Reminds me why I never leave our neighborhood on the weekends. Why the fuck do people do that to themselves every weekend?
    Unfortunately, there is plenty of stupid in my neighborhood. I think the key is to never let your guard down. Assume everything is gonna be busy all the time and the actions of others will be unbelievable. Allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised and celebrate the small victories.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

Great idea, but unless they physically block that road, Stupid, unprepared drivers will disregard. I saw first hand cargo van and 18 wheeler carnage during the Feb 2020 I-70 shutdown. I still wonder how the jackknifed rig blocking the road at the summit was removed.