Page 387 of 465 FirstFirst ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    GPB seems fine to me, except for not having a kitchen or menu. GPB in Empire does pizza anyway, so maybe a better bet if you want more than beer.

511 Rose is new and has weird hours, but as I understand it is a whiskey bar with an interesting menu. Maybe I'll take Mrs. BTS out to dinner and collect some intel for dissemination here.

Coopers is a little spendy, but good food and bar. Menu is a little odd in my opinion, but at least there aren't 3 other restaurants in town serving the same food (Cabin Creek, Alpine and Mtn. Buzz all mediocre pizza joints IMO) .

Cabin Creek, well it was a good start, but for whatever reason, they did away with everything on their menu besides pizza. It's a big open bar/dining room with great views of the lake/mtns, but noisy AF, so I don't go there when it's busy or when they have a band, which essentially means I don't go there. The patio would be great anywhere but Georgetown. They put a yurt up last year and it blew away.

The Alpine is OK for pizza and subs, and has a pretty good bar and dining area. Even when it's crowded, you can get away from the noise in one of the back dining areas.

Pho Bay is OK. No atmosphere whatsoever, but pho is ok if you like that kind of thing. I'd trade for a decent Chinese restaurant or Sushi bar in a heartbeat.

Mountain Buzz just got bought/re-opened. Guy bought the pizza recipes, and seems like a nice guy, but AFAIK they're not doing breakfast anymore, and the one pizza I picked up had a paper-thin rolled-out dough, and probably weighed less than half what one of Brett's pies did.

Roundabout Burgers is for sale, and I never went there. Happy Cooker, A & K's and Whistle Stop are breakfast/lunch only, but Happy Cooker is very good IMO.

Really, the best food in town comes from my grill, pizza oven or kitchen. I should open a restaurant because I hear it's a very low-stress environment, and requires only a miniscule investment of time and energy.

The Ram has been re-modeling for over a year now, and still think a re-launch is a long way off. Place had just been sold before it burned, and really hoping the new owner breathes some new life into it. Lucha was hit or miss IMO, and take-out all miss.
    Thanks for the info.
    I agree, Cabin Creek was off to a good start, but my last time there was lacking. I mainly just like the patio, sitting on the lake is cool. They fill their 16oz cans off the taps, and sell them for $23 a four pack. WTF?!?! I bought the Foeder Pils that used to be really good, but it was $23 oxidized crap when I got it home, couldn't even drink it. The restaurant space itself just seems a little too sterile, like needs stuff on the walls and something cool to look at. I'll give em a pass though as they opened during a pandemic basically. Funny about the yurt.

Good to hear the Ram is trying to make a comeback. We used to meet my wife's grandparents from Evergreen there for Friday fish fry a lot, good memories.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    shit is getting back to normal thank god
    monday thru wednesdays are almost peaceful and enjoyable
    then thrusday afternoon and it all goes to shit

hopefully the leaves all die this weekend and people stay home till late november
    please?

gapers gonna gape
    Peepers gonna peep. Red-maroon traffic colors on Google maps on 285 by Kenosha and I70 Evergreen to IS. I’m sure Boreas is full of backed up cars crawling 3mph while people snap their Insta pics. #itsfallyall

#baldhighwaytiresonboreas

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

#baldhighwaytiresonboreas

Came down bakers tank this morning expecting the worst at the trailhead and I was not let down, which is always funny as baker's tank itself is empty since they're all on aspen alley.

Almost 2pm and the traffic at Floyd hill is still friggin bad. What's the point at this time in the day.. I MUST SEE THE FUCKING LEAVES CHANGE, WOMAN, WE'RE NOT TURNING AROUND.
    Last edited by bamboocoreONLY; 09-25-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Rode from the house today up Tfoot and I’ve never seen that many cars parked around oro grande but only one small section of trail I rode actually had people on it. Those aspens are like a bug zapper for the front ranger insta crowd first one they see and they’re done.

I’m pretty sure someone here was telling us about witnessing road rage in Kenosha Pass in the middle of a leaf peeping traffic jam. Pretty funny to visualize. Adults losing their minds over yellow leaves.

If you are actually doing something and need to be somewhere tourists doing dumb things can really grate on you

For a few years now I count to three slowly when someone is being stupid then its the horn after the first horn beep of the day it becomes automatic the amount of car horn use in summit is at an all time high I wonder why

Haha look at Kenosha Pass on google maps right now. That’s some beautiful red, maroon and orange fall colors right there.

crash in the express lane at Idaho springs, backed up all the way to silverthorne. can't make this shit up

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    crash in the express lane at Idaho springs, backed up all the way to silverthorne. can't make this shit up
    I didn’t see the accident, I thought it was just poor timing for all those poor souls. Traffic moving ok other than that oversized trailer getting hoisted at the bottom of Floyd Hill EB…until west of IS. Flying down from the tunnel with no other traffic, looking at a line of cars EB was just kinda odd. Bottom of lower truck ramp was about where things started to back up. They are probably still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    But they all got the shots for their social media so who cares? #mtnlife #fallyall #itshappening #pumpkinspice

It was backed up before that crash in Idaho Springs. It was fucked from tunnel to g-town. Smooth sailing down to IS when the accident occurred. Everyone was fine but a couple cars totalled. Got there about 10min after the incident.

No fucking clue why traffic was fucked prior to that. Went for an hour long run up Dry Gulch hoping it'd let up. But I had to spend all weekend at the ski hill and commute to-fro Denver sucked even more than usual both evenings this weekend.

Been many months since had an I70 experience.
    Highlights:

Fuckwad BMWer doing 75 up vail pass who suddenly by Copper decides to go 60 in the left lane and wont move over. Then proceeds to ride at 75 in my blind spot for 10 miles (me in open right lane and him in left lane) after I pass on right.

Thousands of nimrods staying in the left lane from tunnel to IS in slow and go traffic as I pass hundreds simply staying in the right lane. Most people get into the left lane and stay there in some mass delusion of aspirational hope that they will go faster over there. Ignoring the blatantly obvious fact that it is slower over there. See ya morons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 09-27-2021 at 08:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

#right.lane.is.passing.lane

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    #right.lane.is.passing.lane
    It is crazy that 90% of the time this is fact

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Been many months since had an I70 experience.
    Highlights:

Fuckwad BMWer doing 75 up vail pass who suddenly by Copper decides to go 60 in the left lane and wont move over. Then proceeds to ride at 75 in my blind spot for 10 miles (me in open right lane and him in left lane) after I pass on right.

Thousands of nimrods staying in the left lane from tunnel to IS in slow and go traffic as I pass hundreds simply staying in the right lane. Most people get into the left lane and stay there in some mass delusion of aspirational hope that they will go faster over there. Ignoring the blatantly obvious fact that it is slower over there. See ya morons.
    Thank you for the actual I-70 bitch, and not the "I'm drinking coffee in Aurora and watching the red and orange line in Google Maps" shit.
    This is why I check this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    did you hit it with your windshield?
    Yes.

Looks like 1 can get another i70 winter out of it though.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Update, Guanella Pass Brewing’s spot in Empire is LEGIT! Best Pizza (Detroit style?) I’ve had in a while, beers and service are good too. I’ve found my new alternative to Idaho Springs and they bs paid parking. Empire, who knew?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Update, Guanella Pass Brewing’s spot in Empire is LEGIT! Best Pizza (Detroit style?) I’ve had in a while, beers and service are good too. I’ve found my new alternative to Idaho Springs and they bs paid parking. Empire, who knew?!?!
    Empire’s the new Vail!

turn in your ski pass you punters
    heard a rumor that cdot in the summit county area has less than 10 drivers and needs 30
    a couple more are quiting cause of the state vaccine mandate
    looks like ya'll aren't gonna be able to drive up here

turn in your ski pass you punters
    heard a rumor that cdot in the summit county area has less than 10 drivers and needs 30
    a couple more are quiting cause of the state vaccine mandate
    looks like ya'll aren't gonna be able to drive up here

I love small town rumors. They are always juicy, and usually total bullshit.
    Just make sure someone plows Trail Ridge so we have a backup!

Seriously though, having less cdot around not entirely a negative, but really for safety’s sake everyone should just stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

CDOT has been struggling for years to fully Staff the maintenance divisions in the Mountains for a decade if not longer. The current staffing shortages are compounding this. The County I work for, almost perpetually, has openings for plow drivers.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I heard a rumor that half of Breck’s hotels are shutting down for 6 months because of being understaffed and because of bed bugs. Winter ‘21-22 is done.