Page 387 of 392 FirstFirst ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 9798
    Tried to hit that McDís on the way home from a red rocks show this summer and it was closed. Town stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Tried to hit that McDís on the way home from a red rocks show this summer and it was closed. Town stinks.
    I will admit that might be the hardest thing to give up in Idaho Springs. Iíve been hitting that drive through for BE&C biscuits for almost three decades. But Iíll hold strong, and maybe Iíll check out the fast food options in evergreen from now on or Iíve heard good things about the Burger King in Dumont.

If I can give up Two Brothers because the owner is a cunt you can give up MCDONALD'S

Idaho Springs is tots gentrified... they shoulda cheapishly eminent domained the I70 expansion when the place was a meth lab with a pizza place and tommy knockers instead of West Golden with chic eateries and hand crafted micros. Wide shoulder/express tolls forevs!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

The IS locals seem to resent sharing their town with tourists, regardless of revenue for struggling businesses.

If Iím ever frustrated by Georgetown shenanigans, I remind myself that we could have bought in IS, have meth-heads for neighbors and/or sleeping on our doorstep, and of course no parking.

Thatís a broad generalization of course, and many fine people in IS, but in this line of work, itís easy to lump a whole city into one negative overall impression, based on the actions of a few frequent fliers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by bendtheski; 09-24-2021 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    The IS locals seem to resent sharing their town with tourists, regardless of revenue for struggling businesses.

If Iím ever frustrated by Georgetown shenanigans, I remind myself that we could have bought in IS, have meth-heads for neighbors and/or sleeping on our doorstep, and of course no parking.

Thatís a broad generalization of course, and many fine people in IS, but in this line of work, itís easy to lump a whole city into one negative overall impression, based on the actions of a few frequent fliers.

But when they start charging for parking in a shithole like IS it makes it very easy for me to hate everything involved with that town and vow to never return. I swear Iíve never had a positive interaction with anyone in customer service in that town anyway (except maybe McDonaldís). So fuck it. Iím done.

Now Georgetown, I really miss the Red Ram. The new brewery is good, the GPB has weirded me out enough that I donít go anymore. EuroDeli is gone, and I cannot think of anywhere else to eat/drink. Please enlighten us though. I hear the pizza spot is good.

How does GPB weird one out? I've never had anything other than good service and vibes in there?

GPB seems fine to me, except for not having a kitchen or menu. GPB in Empire does pizza anyway, so maybe a better bet if you want more than beer.

511 Rose is new and has weird hours, but as I understand it is a whiskey bar with an interesting menu. Maybe I'll take Mrs. BTS out to dinner and collect some intel for dissemination here.

Coopers is a little spendy, but good food and bar. Menu is a little odd in my opinion, but at least there aren't 3 other restaurants in town serving the same food (Cabin Creek, Alpine and Mtn. Buzz all mediocre pizza joints IMO) .

Cabin Creek, well it was a good start, but for whatever reason, they did away with everything on their menu besides pizza. It's a big open bar/dining room with great views of the lake/mtns, but noisy AF, so I don't go there when it's busy or when they have a band, which essentially means I don't go there. The patio would be great anywhere but Georgetown. They put a yurt up last year and it blew away.

The Alpine is OK for pizza and subs, and has a pretty good bar and dining area. Even when it's crowded, you can get away from the noise in one of the back dining areas.

Pho Bay is OK. No atmosphere whatsoever, but pho is ok if you like that kind of thing. I'd trade for a decent Chinese restaurant or Sushi bar in a heartbeat.

Mountain Buzz just got bought/re-opened. Guy bought the pizza recipes, and seems like a nice guy, but AFAIK they're not doing breakfast anymore, and the one pizza I picked up had a paper-thin rolled-out dough, and probably weighed less than half what one of Brett's pies did.

Roundabout Burgers is for sale, and I never went there. Happy Cooker, A & K's and Whistle Stop are breakfast/lunch only, but Happy Cooker is very good IMO.

Really, the best food in town comes from my grill, pizza oven or kitchen. I should open a restaurant because I hear it's a very low-stress environment, and requires only a miniscule investment of time and energy.

The Ram has been re-modeling for over a year now, and still think a re-launch is a long way off. Place had just been sold before it burned, and really hoping the new owner breathes some new life into it. Lucha was hit or miss IMO, and take-out all miss.

Whoa, this thread took a turn. Yeah, fuck IS and their shitty Starbucks with the fake built in electric fireplace. And fuck the sketchy ass motel next door that belongs on the Jersey turnpike next to a toll booth instead of along Clear Creek. And fuck that waterfall/wheel thingy that distracts everyone going EB and causes slowdowns.

A pedestrian walking on the left shoulder between 244 and 243 WB kept it interesting for a while this afternoon. Maybe he walked on from hwy 6 at Two Bears and couldnít cross, but thereís a bike path and CR 314 he could have taken. Cdot kept a camera on him. Looked like he had about 3 feet from guardrail to speeding traffic. People slamming on brakes, and general mayhem. Deputy was getting on at 243 when a good Samaritan pulled over, and traffic stopped finally to let him cross. Fucking nervous there for a while.

What were we talking about?

well god damn, when I lived in littleton and had to drive i70 a lot, I just brought a sandwich or waited until morrison to go to willy's wings haha

Took the "long" way (I-70 to 93 to 24 to Cottonwood) to CB yesterday instead of 285, and other than a few stupid truck drivers near the tunnel, it was smooth sailing. Goddamn the drive is beautiful from Copper all the way to Crested Butte.

I'm guessing Epikonic-level traffic jams will ensue tomorrow afternoon.

shit is getting back to normal thank god
    monday thru wednesdays are almost peaceful and enjoyable
    then thrusday afternoon and it all goes to shit

hopefully the leaves all die this weekend and people stay home till late november
    please?

gapers gonna gape

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    GPB seems fine to me, except for not having a kitchen or menu. GPB in Empire does pizza anyway, so maybe a better bet if you want more than beer.

511 Rose is new and has weird hours, but as I understand it is a whiskey bar with an interesting menu. Maybe I'll take Mrs. BTS out to dinner and collect some intel for dissemination here.

Coopers is a little spendy, but good food and bar. Menu is a little odd in my opinion, but at least there aren't 3 other restaurants in town serving the same food (Cabin Creek, Alpine and Mtn. Buzz all mediocre pizza joints IMO) .

Cabin Creek, well it was a good start, but for whatever reason, they did away with everything on their menu besides pizza. It's a big open bar/dining room with great views of the lake/mtns, but noisy AF, so I don't go there when it's busy or when they have a band, which essentially means I don't go there. The patio would be great anywhere but Georgetown. They put a yurt up last year and it blew away.

The Alpine is OK for pizza and subs, and has a pretty good bar and dining area. Even when it's crowded, you can get away from the noise in one of the back dining areas.

Pho Bay is OK. No atmosphere whatsoever, but pho is ok if you like that kind of thing. I'd trade for a decent Chinese restaurant or Sushi bar in a heartbeat.

Mountain Buzz just got bought/re-opened. Guy bought the pizza recipes, and seems like a nice guy, but AFAIK they're not doing breakfast anymore, and the one pizza I picked up had a paper-thin rolled-out dough, and probably weighed less than half what one of Brett's pies did.

Roundabout Burgers is for sale, and I never went there. Happy Cooker, A & K's and Whistle Stop are breakfast/lunch only, but Happy Cooker is very good IMO.

Really, the best food in town comes from my grill, pizza oven or kitchen. I should open a restaurant because I hear it's a very low-stress environment, and requires only a miniscule investment of time and energy.

The Ram has been re-modeling for over a year now, and still think a re-launch is a long way off. Place had just been sold before it burned, and really hoping the new owner breathes some new life into it. Lucha was hit or miss IMO, and take-out all miss.
    Thanks for the info.
    I agree, Cabin Creek was off to a good start, but my last time there was lacking. I mainly just like the patio, sitting on the lake is cool. They fill their 16oz cans off the taps, and sell them for $23 a four pack. WTF?!?! I bought the Foeder Pils that used to be really good, but it was $23 oxidized crap when I got it home, couldn't even drink it. The restaurant space itself just seems a little too sterile, like needs stuff on the walls and something cool to look at. I'll give em a pass though as they opened during a pandemic basically. Funny about the yurt.

Good to hear the Ram is trying to make a comeback. We used to meet my wife's grandparents from Evergreen there for Friday fish fry a lot, good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    shit is getting back to normal thank god
    monday thru wednesdays are almost peaceful and enjoyable
    then thrusday afternoon and it all goes to shit

hopefully the leaves all die this weekend and people stay home till late november
    please?

gapers gonna gape
    Peepers gonna peep. Red-maroon traffic colors on Google maps on 285 by Kenosha and I70 Evergreen to IS. Iím sure Boreas is full of backed up cars crawling 3mph while people snap their Insta pics. #itsfallyall

#baldhighwaytiresonboreas

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    #baldhighwaytiresonboreas

Came down bakers tank this morning expecting the worst at the trailhead and I was not let down, which is always funny as baker's tank itself is empty since they're all on aspen alley.

Almost 2pm and the traffic at Floyd hill is still friggin bad. What's the point at this time in the day.. I MUST SEE THE FUCKING LEAVES CHANGE, WOMAN, WE'RE NOT TURNING AROUND.
    Last edited by bamboocoreONLY; 09-25-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Rode from the house today up Tfoot and Iíve never seen that many cars parked around oro grande but only one small section of trail I rode actually had people on it. Those aspens are like a bug zapper for the front ranger insta crowd first one they see and theyíre done.

Iím pretty sure someone here was telling us about witnessing road rage in Kenosha Pass in the middle of a leaf peeping traffic jam. Pretty funny to visualize. Adults losing their minds over yellow leaves.

If you are actually doing something and need to be somewhere tourists doing dumb things can really grate on you

For a few years now I count to three slowly when someone is being stupid then its the horn after the first horn beep of the day it becomes automatic the amount of car horn use in summit is at an all time high I wonder why

Haha look at Kenosha Pass on google maps right now. Thatís some beautiful red, maroon and orange fall colors right there.

crash in the express lane at Idaho springs, backed up all the way to silverthorne. can't make this shit up

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    crash in the express lane at Idaho springs, backed up all the way to silverthorne. can't make this shit up
    I didn’t see the accident, I thought it was just poor timing for all those poor souls. Traffic moving ok other than that oversized trailer getting hoisted at the bottom of Floyd Hill EB…until west of IS. Flying down from the tunnel with no other traffic, looking at a line of cars EB was just kinda odd. Bottom of lower truck ramp was about where things started to back up. They are probably still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    But they all got the shots for their social media so who cares? #mtnlife #fallyall #itshappening #pumpkinspice

It was backed up before that crash in Idaho Springs. It was fucked from tunnel to g-town. Smooth sailing down to IS when the accident occurred. Everyone was fine but a couple cars totalled. Got there about 10min after the incident.

No fucking clue why traffic was fucked prior to that. Went for an hour long run up Dry Gulch hoping it'd let up. But I had to spend all weekend at the ski hill and commute to-fro Denver sucked even more than usual both evenings this weekend.