Page 382 of 465 FirstFirst ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 11609
    CDOT’s update now states that “Independence Pass is shown as closed on cotrip.org, Google Maps and Apple Maps to prevent I-70 detour traffic from being routed onto that rural, challenging mountain highway with limited cell service. The highway is open to local traffic.”

I mean, really? Independence pass is challenging for people now? WTF? We are doomed as a society.

“Limited cell phone coverage” apparently is a grave hazard in its own right.

Will Independence Pass require a complete repaving if it has to take such a heavy traffic load up until the moment snow closes it?

I can see why they don't want non-local I-70 traffic on that road. When Indy is super backed up it is arguably slower than the Silverthorne-Rifle northern route, so what gain is there to I-70 through traffic except that Google Maps said it was faster/shorter but was wrong. If you are trying to get to Basalt from Salida it must be infuriating.

I haven't biked Snowmass because of all this.
    Last edited by Summit; 08-05-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Redirect it all to I-80 and I-40, locals only until winter.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You're funny. You live in a CO mountain town, you should know better.
    Just telling you what I hear. Who would've thunk we'd be harkening back so soon to the good old days of Mustang rallies and parades that close Lincoln for just a few hours.

I especially love that cdot is moving forward this past week with the chip & seal project right as you enter town from the south. Not to mention the huge detour near the ski hill because they moved the brand new gondy and are putting in a roundabout. Takes 30 min to go across town now, traffic is wedged. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Will Independence Pass require a complete repaving if it has to take such a heavy traffic load up until the moment snow closes it?

I can see why they don't want non-local I-70 traffic on that road. When Indy is super backed up it is arguably slower than the Silverthorne-Rifle northern route, so what gain is there to I-70 through traffic except that Google Maps said it was faster/shorter but was wrong. If you are trying to get to Basalt from Salida it must be infuriating.

I haven't biked Snowmass because of all this.
    I'll give you the back way to my house and just come over dude.

And the pass should be OK as it's limited truck traffic.

As for the Indy pass and doom comment above... I've been up there a few times and it's the, just because you can, doesn't mean you should type scenarios... 25' long box truck... legal... but, kinda wide and cumbersome through the two narrow sections, people getting out of cars to try to get them through as they WON"T fit with another car there.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

The #vandemic summer is the bomb
    Jist know what time to drive where to drive and where to go and you'll wonder where the gapers are

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

CDOT supposedly holding off on starting chipping near Georgetown due to asphalt shortages. Wonder how many other paving projects will be “extended” due to materials and labor shortages?

Also, anyone interested in making a living taking I-70 traffic complaints, PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by bendtheski; 08-06-2021 at 11:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Here’s an option :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1628210877.892740.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	726.5 KB 
ID:	381580

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    Here’s an option :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1628210877.892740.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	726.5 KB 
ID:	381580

Ha, I saw that too. Something Frontier is actually more reliable than.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Ha, I saw that too. Something Frontier is actually more reliable than.
    They are good at duct taping douchebags to their seats as well.

Flying into Montrose is even better

Coffee Pot Road for the win!!

Got to see the Frisco rotary clusterfuck firsthand yesterday. I like how they created a temporary rotary out of cones. Works really well!

Drove to Glenwood last Saturday around 3pm via Cottonwood Pass......was only a 45 minutes detour....easy. The County had flaggers setup at the top and bottom of the short, steep, narrow section only allowing one lane of traffic through at a time. They also had workers at both ends of the pass, not allowing trucks and trailers thru.

What I found interesting is that I couldn't get Google Maps to route me over the pass.......tried from both Gypsum and on the pass....it would send me back I70 East -> Hwy 24 South->Indy Pass. Maybe CDOT has been working with Google and got the route removed from the database? That would be nice.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    That would be nice.
    That would be a miracle. I’ve been sending requests multiple times a year to have them remove the Eagle-Thomasville road, or at least show the winter closure. We have groups every year that show up at Sylvan Lake in January expecting to drive through to the Fryingpan and on to Betty Bear because that’s how Google routed them.

After last summer’s clusterfuck the FS and Eagle county contacted them but it still wasn’t updated as of last winter. It also shows part of the Fryingpan River road around Ruedi as a winter closure.

Last edited by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo; 08-06-2021 at 02:03 PM.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Drove to Glenwood last Saturday around 3pm via Cottonwood Pass......was only a 45 minutes detour....easy. The County had flaggers setup at the top and bottom of the short, steep, narrow section only allowing one lane of traffic through at a time. They also had workers at both ends of the pass, not allowing trucks and trailers thru.

What I found interesting is that I couldn't get Google Maps to route me over the pass.......tried from both Gypsum and on the pass....it would send me back I70 East -> Hwy 24 South->Indy Pass. Maybe CDOT has been working with Google and got the route removed from the database? That would be nice.
    Just did it today and it wasn’t bad, though WB in the evening had a pretty good line of cars at the flagger station. Overall, not terrible, but still an hour more each way added to the trip. A couple box trucks got through and a couple other utility trucks at some spots made for a kinda tight fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Coffee Pot Road for the win!!
    https://www.vaildaily.com/news/passe...-in-flat-tops/

I can't make this shit up.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Was just going to post this. Holy fucking shit

Managed to rip out the oil pan. Nice.

Glenwood springs post independent editorial this morning finally asked the top secret inept cdot and politicians to start talking instead of hiding like they have incompetent morons at the wheel the new govt and corporate creed is to say nothing spew some bullshit prepared statement then hide people need to man up and admit they are fucking stupid why is that so hard

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Glenwood springs post independent editorial this morning finally asked the top secret inept cdot and politicians to start talking instead of hiding like they have incompetent morons at the wheel the new govt and corporate creed is to say nothing spew some bullshit prepared statement then hide people need to man up and admit they are fucking stupid why is that so hard
    Name:  bunniesweed.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  18.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post

Ok terrific

I wish I was pounding as much Pussy and smoking as much weed as Fred.

I’ve progressed to edibles and an occasional quickie. My middle name is Frederic, but I don’t think I can hang.

Fred should mix in some indica on occasion.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

To quote George Carlin, I can’t tell if Fred is stupid, full of shit, or fucking nuts. He might be all three!