Page 326 of 465 FirstFirst ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... LastLast
Results 8,126 to 8,150 of 11607
    East of Aurora is the promise land.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    There are a more natives who don't live in the mountains than do.
    And fewer people give a shit about who is a native every day.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

The original natives didnt want all these settlers here either...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Niwot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0848.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	677.0 KB 
ID:	327594

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    How is traffic into and out of Breckenridge during ski season and the summer when you get off of 285 in Fairplay and take hwy 9 through Alma over Hoosier pass?
    I did the Alma -> Breck drive for 8 years ('02-'10). Dry roads was 25 minutes. Add another ~10 minutes for slow going, but it never took me more than 45 minutes. However, I've heard it's gotten more challenging in the last 5 years due to more traffic volume and that seems to be the case given the Hoosier Passers FB group I follow.
    ETA: That group (and social media in general) can be fucking ridiculous. You drive 5mph under the speed limit and end up getting called out for holding everybody up. Drive 5 mph over and get called out for driving recklessly.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Curious -- how does one identify "out of town" plates that are from CO. My plates don't say jack about my county.
    It's pretty fucking obvious if you're from out of town. Plate numbers, clean car, labradoodle, asking for a local's discount, just to name few.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    It's pretty fucking obvious if you're from out of town. Plate numbers, clean car, labradoodle, asking for a local's discount, just to name few.
    Ha jokes on you, my car is NEVER clean.

Hey now. I cherish that dollar off I get at the brewery for volunteering at a ski hill.

Unfortunately my mutt is an asshole so he has to stay in the dirty van.

Haha, labradoodle, so true. Stupid dogs with stupider owners

Ohh where’s foggy for an out of towner description?!

He’s far too busy planning the grand scheme of how tourist destinations will kick out all the tourists and 2nd home owners and yet be economically vibrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Oh GOD!!!

All of you in tourist destinations might have to deal with tourists!!!!!

If there were only a way for you to live away from tourists, can you think of ANYTHING to keep those tourists away from places that are financially made possible by tourists? At the very least is there someway for you to bite the hand that feeds you?

uhhhh buddy, I wasn't bitching. Literally just stating how it works on hoosier pass.

I manage a retail store, I want as many people coming to this town as possible for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    I did the Alma -> Breck drive for 8 years ('02-'10). Dry roads was 25 minutes. Add another ~10 minutes for slow going, but it never took me more than 45 minutes. However, I've heard it's gotten more challenging in the last 5 years due to more traffic volume and that seems to be the case given the Hoosier Passers FB group I follow.
    ETA: That group (and social media in general) can be fucking ridiculous. You drive 5mph under the speed limit and end up getting called out for holding everybody up. Drive 5 mph over and get called out for driving recklessly.
    It definitely can take more than 45 minutes these days. The explosion of people who only ski breck from CO springs is huge.

Thanks for the Fairplay to Breck traffic insights.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    uhhhh buddy, I wasn't bitching. Literally just stating how it works on hoosier pass.

I manage a retail store, I want as many people coming to this town as possible for the most part.
    Didnt respond to you, rather those above

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    It definitely can take more than 45 minutes these days. The explosion of people who only ski breck from CO springs is huge.
    Even 10 years ago, it was such an EASY drive......the pass NEVER closed. I never detested the drive while I was doing it, but I'm extremely happy I don't have to deal with it these days. My wife drove that pass everyday in a front-wheel drive with non-studded snows.......zero issues. Now at times, there's traction laws requiring chains for ALL VEHICLES. Yeeesh.
    Old's Cool.

I gotta give out a few fuck yous to the morons out there
    one month ago driving around was nothing short of masturbation
    now we are back to the normal d bag shit phone in one hand head in the ass normal colorado driving
    if your doing five under the speed limit then there is a passing lane so you do fifteen over the speed limit let no one pass then slow back down to five under fuck you
    tesla drivers suck and I want to say other things about them but people would lable me a homo phobe fuck you
    left lane, old people in luxury cars in the left lane fuck you
    nice camper nice van now pull over and let the thirty cars behind you pass fuck you
    hitting the breaks in a switch back while going uphill proves you suck at driving fuck you
    looking at your phone wondering where the signal went while driving in rural colorado fuck you
    gaping out going twenty five instead of pulling over to play in the snow fuck you

headed west today whish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I gotta give out a few fuck yous to the morons out there
    one month ago driving around was nothing short of masturbation
    now we are back to the normal d bag shit phone in one hand head in the ass normal colorado driving
    if your doing five under the speed limit then there is a passing lane so you do fifteen over the speed limit let no one pass then slow back down to five under fuck you
    tesla drivers suck and I want to say other things about them but people would lable me a homo phobe fuck you
    left lane, old people in luxury cars in the left lane fuck you
    nice camper nice van now pull over and let the thirty cars behind you pass fuck you
    hitting the breaks in a switch back while going uphill proves you suck at driving fuck you
    looking at your phone wondering where the signal went while driving in rural colorado fuck you
    gaping out going twenty five instead of pulling over to play in the snow fuck you

headed west today whish me luck
    I'm afraid this rant isn't up to your usual standards. 2/10. Please do better next time.

UPHILL BRAKERS ARE 100% SHITTY DRIVERS

State Patrol has not furlowed anyone. Out in string force on the daily through this whole lockdown.
    Osipher, if you're gonna yell at me within a ski length for doing 92, plz put on a N95.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Based on the number of cars heading south on 93 this afternoon, I thought for sure there would be a post about I-70 today. Looks pretty clear into the mountains though.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Based on the number of cars heading south on 93 this afternoon, I thought for sure there would be a post about I-70 today. Looks pretty clear into the mountains though.
    Except for losing a lane in the Wolcott WB curves to a small car that smashed itself. Was joking in my head that he was a cannonballer. And then coming back EB through Edwards/Avon, a cement truck must have blown a tire and mashed into guardrail or something or engine caught fire. Looked like driver managed it well, cuz EB it is probably full and he kept it on the road.
    So just local chaos mainly. Lots of bikes on vehicles heading west though.

my commute to vail and back today was pretty sucky, still managed to weave in and out and maintain 75-80 westbound
    vail cops don't have shit to do so they are loving hanging out on 70
    the state cops were thick on the tunnel on wednesday about 7 of them
    tons and tons of cars mostly westbound seems like the safer at home means you can go anywhere as long as you drag your van or trailer with you

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    my commute to vail and back today was pretty sucky, still managed to weave in and out and maintain 75-80 westbound
    vail cops don't have shit to do so they are loving hanging out on 70
    the state cops were thick on the tunnel on wednesday about 7 of them
    tons and tons of cars mostly westbound seems like the safer at home means you can go anywhere as long as you drag your van or trailer with you
    Cops are everywhere this week and weekend in the mountains. Graduation and DUI enforcement for the holiday means increased budget and they're all getting overtime.

No less than 10 csp between palisade and the border
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

70 west bound closed at the tunnel this morning
    made the trip to vail this morning plesant, only about six cars on the road between frisco and vail
    of course someone flipped there car in eaglevail on dry roads later in the day