Page 309 of 465 FirstFirst ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 11607
    Turtle neck wearing uptight WP skiers don't stop to pick up BP skiers hitchhiking. Those standard wankers arent going to stop in Empire until there is a Starbucks, Best Buy, and Apple store at the least. I'm guessing here at what these basic white bread skiers like. They don't like us dirtbags or dirtbag towns I can tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Turtle neck wearing uptight WP skiers don't stop to pick up BP skiers hitchhiking. Those standard wankers arent going to stop in Empire until there is a Starbucks, Best Buy, and Apple store at the least. I'm guessing here at what these basic white bread skiers like. They don't like us dirtbags or dirtbag towns I can tell you that.
    Too true. I'd rather have them not stop to pick me up than go skiing there however. My hitching scene was pretty good Saturday but not during the Front Range 500. I used to like in a dirtbag town, now it is getting overrun by Audi SUVs and "the plow is too loud and woke me up citiots". I'm usually psyched when the AirBnB'ers show up. A least they know now to smile and have a good time.

Saturday 3pm I couldn't even park in WP to run a couple quick errands. This whole valley is being sold down the river for the benefit of the developer and politicians bank accounts. We have had literally zero infrastructure improvements in 25 years.

I hope this market can stomach $25K sewer taps and $100/hr. carpenters because that's what they got in Vail. You want it...you got it.

Off to work to make dreams happen, lets see if Alpine even has any 2x4s. Gotta make the $800K modular by the tracks be awesome! Don't forget your check book!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    We have had literally zero infrastructure improvements in 25 years.
    Well at least it's impossible to turn left from the gas station now. Christ, what a piece of shit that "improvement" is.

Gotta make the $800K modular by the tracks be awesome! Don't forget your check book!
    Holy shit you're working on that piece of crap? I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

Saturday 3pm I couldn't even park in WP to run a couple quick errands. This whole valley is being sold down the river for the benefit of the developer and politicians bank accounts. We have had literally zero infrastructure improvements in 25 years.

I hope this market can stomach $25K sewer taps and $100/hr. carpenters because that's what they got in Vail. You want it...you got it.

O
    sewer and water taps are 35k in summit

that's the new norm, not being able to do shit around town on a saturday, it's insane, I can move if it sucks that bad
    a moratorium on buildling should be done here in summit, but god forbid you do that a piss off everyone getting rich, we have these master plans that get done every 10-20 years that says how much density and where you can build, but none of the plans talk about roads whose going to pay for it raising taxes and what not

the county gov't is broke more or less and they are sitting on a gold mine but can't figure out how to tax anything because they are all pussies and want to be reelected, lift ticket tax, real estate transfer tax, meals and rooms tax, tax the shit out of the tourists, it's not hard. but right now they are trying to start a higher minimum wage law, sure enough all the resturant owners are against it, cause they don't want to pay more in wages and forgo their new sprinter van, second home, multiple vacations to mexico and Hawaii

my favorite is bills ranch in frisco, they allow all these houses to be built and someone just decided that the bike path is now a road, without any consideration, that's awesome planning

Not gonna lie, I am actually considering moving back east instead of dealing with this shit. At least I can roll groomers with no traffic and lines and occasional powder days up north in VT. Theres always Utah but gotta go to where the stubborn family is. Dealing with this shit for the quality of snow is not even worth it. Over a foot days are so few.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Not gonna lie, I am actually considering moving back east instead of dealing with this shit. At least I can roll groomers with no traffic and lines and occasional powder days up north in VT. Theres always Utah but gotta go to where the stubborn family is. Dealing with this shit for the quality of snow is not even worth it. Over a foot days are so few.
    DO IT!

I'm confused
    guess you are one those people who missed out on last thursdays epic ikonic no show no lines suprise powder day?
    oh wait the highway was closed

I'd encourage you to do so...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Double dog dare you

I triple dog dare you!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's really the only answer...

Or... just buy a nice mountain bike with all that money you saved by not skiing every weekend, and ride 10-11 months a year down here while everyone else sits in traffic "chasing the pow, man". Sure, it's not Epikonic (TM) but at least you'll still have your soul. If you need a legit powder fix, go storm chasing half a dozen times each winter to quench your thirst.

I took my dog on a run up Bear Peak on Saturday. Was really icy but it was more fun than sitting in traffic.

Your smokin something if you are thinking that mtn biking isn't the same overcrowded nonsense. Just lacks traffic. Parking at trailheads is a junk show. The precious LHOHV is already known and getting too busy.

Mtn bikers are like scooter riders at the skate park. All fashion and keep multiplying and can't do any real tricks.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

It’s not even close, and it’s not nearly as weather dependent as skiing.

And for places like LH, crowds don’t matter because the trails are directional. Sure, there are a lot of cars parked along the road and you might see some other riders on the climb but you’re free to haul ass on the descents. Other places are overrun with hikers and congestion like Red Rocks and North Table, but that’s like skiing Breck on a Saturday.

Plus, when the rest of the trails dry out and bikers can spread out, the trails will be even more empty. Regardless, I can deal with a few other people if it means not waking up at 4am and/or sitting in hours of traffic.

Hopefully more and more people will decide to leave this shit and move back East.

^^It's one of the better ideas proposed. Definitely better than the I-70 train.

I hardly even see good skiers at the resorts these days. Where is everyone? Backcountry?

XC skiing is actually kind of enjoyable right now because you can avoid the crowds. Maybe we are all just getting old(er), but I fucking hate resort skiing right now.

1) Too crowded on weekends
    2) Getting there fucking blows donkey cock
    3) Everyone sucks at skiing/snowboarding and is constantly in MY FUCKING WAY

All year mountain biking is next on my sport list. I'm thinking about getting a fat bike and using that on weekends in the winter. A few road trips to ABQ/Sedona/Moab in the winter and you've got a year-round MTB season no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    I hardly even see good skiers at the resorts these days. Where is everyone? Backcountry?

XC skiing is actually kind of enjoyable right now because you can avoid the crowds. Maybe we are all just getting old(er), but I fucking hate resort skiing right now.

1) Too crowded on weekends
    2) Getting there fucking blows donkey cock
    3) Everyone sucks at skiing/snowboarding and is constantly in MY FUCKING WAY

All year mountain biking is next on my sport list. I'm thinking about getting a fat bike and using that on weekends in the winter. A few road trips to ABQ/Sedona/Moab in the winter and you've got a year-round MTB season no problem.
    All valid. I support your desire to quit resort skiing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

^^^Thanks.

Here is what I'm thinking:

TGR Forums can lead the pack with this. Let's start a widespread outreach/campaign to get people to "Quit Now". We'll treat it like a quitting smoking campaign and just state the facts. Once people start to realize how bad this sport is for you, they'll see the light and make the change.

This is now the "I'm doing it wrong and bitching about it" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    This is now the "I'm doing it wrong and bitching about it" thread.
    Yes sir. You are one of the few who recognizes that you need to make a change in your life. NOW is the TIME to quit I-70, quit skiing and quit wasting your life being a part of the turmoil for thousands of people. You CAN make the change TODAY!

Pledge now to avoid I-70 on the weekends, or better yet, avoid it all together!

I remember those slash i70 stickers from Eldora.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Had some Franger friends turn around at Evergreen on Saturday morning......abort mission! Between the scene on I70 and a non-Epic ABasin, I hope nothing changes for at least a few years.

I like where your head is at toasty!
    Old's Cool.

Not sure what the problem is I can walk to the lift

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app