Page 302 of 465 FirstFirst ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... LastLast
Results 7,526 to 7,550 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    How's the knee working?
    It’s doing well, so far. I’ve done two days at Copper and one MTB ride on North Table. My lower back is killing me and my cardio sucks but my knee has actually been fine. Even hit some moguls in Resolution and did a run down the steep part of Spaulding. I’ve been doing single leg squats and lunges and leg presses for a couple months, so I guess it paid off. Gotta get the rest of me in shape now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    If some of you grasshoppers need a dose of reality regarding the “sudden” increase in traffic, pretend you’ve been playing this game since the year 1990. I certainly could have been a lot more successful or maybe even a rocket dentite without all those weekday ski days, but we all have to play the cards we’re dealt.

Disclaimer - if you’re not new to i70 then the preceding message doesn’t apply to you. I don’t want to check in later and have to field any surface to air missles.
    Pahhh

1990!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Lol right I’m very happy there’s people still older than me.
    But also remember 5 hour drives home from the mountains decades ago.
    Ducats to be paid to live in the hills and ducats to be paid to live in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    If you don’t think social media and the readily available of dumbed-down forecasts have a lot to do with it, then.... ok. The population is obviously a driving factor, but it’s just part of the equation.
    They have certainly made an impact, but I'd argue that adding another Denver population-wise in the last 10 years has had a much bigger impact.

Population, social media, young folks with more flexible work environments, cheap ski passes -- it's all a big mix.

Yesterday was pretty chill. Passed Dino about 6, cruised to Loveland, left Loveland at 4:45 and had maybe a 8 minute delay home.

Was a great ski day of soft snow, cold temps and low crowds. Until an asshat rear ended me at a stoplight in my neighborhood.

In other news I got this email subject line this morning in my inbox: "Travel on public transport to the slopes: now up to 50% cheaper."

Of course it's the Swiss public rail operator. Things we'll never see here.

Sundays are the new Wednesdays.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Pretty fucking sad when you have to get up at 5am to get to skiing 60-70 miles away.

Next weekend should be even worse, with lots of snow in the forecast and the holiday weekend.

I know I’ve said this before but I keep wondering when people will say enough and do something else or some tourists will stop coming here and go elsewhere and we’ll see some kind of improvement. I guess never.

I think I'd skin up if I had to get to the resort 2 hours early.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I think I'd skin up if I had to get to the resort 2 hours early.

that's a good idea actually. might have to start doing that.

With the amount of housing being built in the mountains these days, I would think a lot of the future crowds will be more locals.

It would be interesting to see the stats of how many skiers are out of state tourists, vs Frangers, vs locals and break that down for different weeks/weekends of the year. After the holidays, it seems that a majority of weekend skiers are Frangers. Especially the ones sitting in traffic on a Sunday.

These January weekends are always busy AF though. There's always big events in every town drawing people up. I wish these towns would chill on all the events sometimes. Maybe like one weekend a year where no one has an Ice Castle, Snow Sculpture championship, beer festival, concert, holiday, etc. Just no events allowed. Maybe close the tunnel WB from noon Friday to Sunday at noon.

Funny how Colorado is now dealing with the mountain access highway problems California has had for decades.

I wonder if they are related?

Started listening to this:
    https://wintrymix.podbean.com/
    Episode 78

all about I 70
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

ha ha
    the biggest mind fuck is coming in a just under two weeks, stay home everyone
    xgames snow scuplture weekend is bigger and worse than xma or any other holiday
    the snow scupltures bring a whole diffrent type of person to the mountains, the I only goto the mountains every two or three years from westminster show up

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ha ha
    the biggest mind fuck is coming in a just under two weeks, stay home everyone
    xgames snow scuplture weekend is bigger and worse than xma or any other holiday
    the snow scupltures bring a whole diffrent type of person to the mountains, the I only goto the mountains every two or three years from westminster show up
    Oh damn, I always forget about XGames. The one event that doesn't even happen in Summit but still screws up traffic on the Sunday after.

#littletonLarry
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    #littletonLarry
    ronmexico ftw

Larry's wife drives a honda pilot with sorta bald highway tires
    Larry drives a 4runner with highway tires but more tread he doesn't understand all the fuss over having good tires because he drives a 4runner

Stuck on 70 right now, just west of Minturn.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Its gonna be a while buddeh.
    Turn around and have a donut and beer at NorthSide
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Wish I could turn around,, it's not an option. Been sitting here over an hour.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How was Peter Estin?

Wish I could turn around,, it's not an option. Been sitting here over an hour.
    There's a couple jackknifed semi's right at the on ramp, and a bunch of cars piled in.

Vail pass is closed anyway with no estimated time for re-opening.

Yeah, I'm just stuck with nowhere to go. Estin was great, but this isn't.

Yeah, I'm just stuck with nowhere to go. Estin was great, but this isn't.
    Well, at least we have a thread for you. They got the main semi offender out of there. You should be good to go in a few minutes. Then you can either resign yourself to 24, or go hang out in Vail until the pass opens.

Hi Danno!

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Started listening to this:
    https://wintrymix.podbean.com/
    Episode 78

all about I 70
    Good listen.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Good listen.
    As a transpo 'official' I have no clue how to get people to pay for the needed improvements.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.