Page 288 of 465 FirstFirst ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... LastLast
Results 7,176 to 7,200 of 11610
    A good representation of you are not stuck in traffic, you are traffic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1572350707727.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	299902
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    If you think it’s bad in CO (and I do), you should spend some time in Utah. The drivers there are fucking horrible.
    After living there the past year I could never get over it. Every single day I swear I lost my shit on someone. Look both ways ten times before you do anything.

Absolute whiteout in Denver proper. Can’t imagine how bad it must be driving right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Can’t imagine how bad it must be driving right now.
    Just drove two miles two have new snow tires mounted in Lafayette. The walk home was faster than the drive. Not that many cars out, but lots of bald tires spinning on slight inclines.

If you think it’s bad in CO (and I do), you should spend some time in Utah. The drivers there are fucking horrible.
    A - FUCKING - MEN!

Best part of moving to Colorado from Utah is getting away from Utah drivers.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Help me Denver Mags:
    If tomorrow morning I wanted to get ... I70 & Dahlia and arrive by 7AM... how early must I be on the road?

Edit, never-mind, they cancelled all the things.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Help me Denver Mags:
    If tomorrow morning I wanted to go from 70 & 470 to I70 & Dahlia and arrive by 7AM... how early must I be on the road?
    You're already too late.

Help me Denver Mags:
    If tomorrow morning I wanted to go from 70 & 470 to I70 & Dahlia and arrive by 7AM... how early must I be on the road?
    is this suppose to be funny?
    I was going to goto denver today, maybe tomorrow, how about next week
    seriously fucked

Help me Denver Mags:
    Now.

I've always been amused when I visit the sis-in-law in Boulder just how much they gas it around town. I would have put money they'd all be slow as fuck.

Utah wins though for shitty drivers. At least in most places known for "bad drivers" (Boston for example) there is a semi-system that somehow kinda works (aggression, fast, no blinker use or whatever) once you are used to it. However, Utah seems to operate on sheer unpredictability, which well, isn't really a system at all.
    Live Free or Die

Thankfully my mandatory thingy was cancelled for tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

People love to talk about CO drivers but it’s more a matter of all the transplants trying to figure out the roads and the weather and how to get along.

I just narrowly dodged a 5 day trial jury duty in downtown Denver. Took a uber and was $20 for a 3 person shared ride to go 3 miles. Normally about $5. Walked home but didn’t want to chance being late on the way in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    People love to talk about CO drivers but it’s more a matter of all the transplants trying to figure out the roads and the weather and how to get along.

I just narrowly dodged a 5 day trial jury duty in downtown Denver. Took a uber and was $20 for a 3 person shared ride to go 3 miles. Normally about $5. Walked home but didn’t want to chance being late on the way in.
    ^^^ this ^^^

Back in the 80s, people used turn signals, followed at reasonable distances, etc.

Obviously a guess on my part, but me thinks it's more about the transplants bringing their shit habits with them, than the efffects of crowding.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I've always been amused when I visit the sis-in-law in Boulder just how much they gas it around town. I would have put money they'd all be slow as fuck.

Utah wins though for shitty drivers. At least in most places known for "bad drivers" (Boston for example) there is a semi-system that somehow kinda works (aggression, fast, no blinker use or whatever) once you are used to it. However, Utah seems to operate on sheer unpredictability, which well, isn't really a system at all.
    The damn Subaru drivers in Boulder are slow as fuck, especially the Forresters. Otherwise, yes, we drive fast in our 5 mile bubble radius (side note: I have snow tires, use my blinkers sine I'm old and have lived in Colorado forever). Lots of zippy cars in this town who know the timing of the lights.

The number of moms complaining because school wasn't cancelled today is crazy (it's too cold! The roads are icy!). BVSD can't win, mom's are mad if they close and mad if they don't.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Nobody is complaining if you stop looking at Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^

Back in the 80s, people used turn signals, followed at reasonable distances, etc.

Obviously a guess on my part, but me thinks it's more about the transplants bringing their shit habits with them, than the efffects of crowding.

... Thom
    I for one have evolved into a complete asshole driver as a survival skill

You gotta be agro as fuck nowadays on I70.

A few of my goto moves:

1) If approaching a left lane asshole who is all alone, ride up on to their ass. If they don't get over after about 5 seconds, flash brights a few times. This usually works. I do not like to go straight to passing in right lane because I consider myself to be an I-70 enforcer and teach the rulz where I can.

2) If you do have to pass in the right lane - always, always, always LAY ON THE HORN for a solid 5-7 seconds as you pass them. This not only teaches them they are being an asshole, but also a safety maneuver announcing your presence as you pass.

if ya don't teach 'em, hows they gonna learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

A few of my goto moves:

1) If approaching a left lane asshole who is all alone, ride up on to their ass. If they don't get over after about 5 seconds, flash brights a few times. This usually works. I do not like to go straight to passing in right lane because I consider myself to be an I-70 enforcer and teach the rulz where I can.

2) If you do have to pass in the right lane - always, always, always LAY ON THE HORN for a solid 5-7 seconds as you pass them. This not only teaches them they are being an asshole, but also a safety maneuver announcing your presence as you pass.
    Good on ya!

Generally I just get in the right lane and pass HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS of vehicles quietly and without any fanfare. Sometimes I'll need to pass someone in the right lane that is *actually* going slow, but it's a rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

A few of my goto moves:

Exactly what I do. Also, give the 5-7 long stare (conditions permitting) as you pass and cut in front.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Exactly what I do. Also, give the 5-7 long stare (conditions permitting) as you pass and cut in front.
    What's even better is when you're in wide open road (like no one around) and you have to pass a fucktard (usually with Cali plates) in the right lane. Then you stay in the right lane for next 10 or so miles cause there is no one around in front of you to pass. Those fucks probably aren't learning anything out of that scenario because they are clueless, but I still honk as I pass by. I'm sure they think I'm some kind of psycho local but I'd love to meet them at the next gas station and explain things......

Driving my lowered Sti with tinted everything, including headlights, they don't even know I'm there until the vape smoke hits them.

If I was a BMW driver they would know I want to pass because my double LED xenon blinder brights let them know I'm coming from 6 miles away.

had to be at a client site monday auper early. left breck at 430am and cant believe the mess on i70.

i am pretty sure i saw 4 pr 5 cars and truck literally parked in the right lane...no apparent drivers flashers or anything...like it was zombie day and they just ran.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

I drove home from St. George last night (got home around 1am) via 70 and it wasn’t bad... snow covered roads most of the way, but it’s a hell of a lot easier when there’s absolutely no one on the road.

I drove home from St. George last night (got home around 1am) via 70 and it wasn’t bad... snow covered roads most of the way, but it’s a hell of a lot easier when there’s absolutely no one on the road.
    Exactly what is said after driving Breck to Vail. No one on the road except the occasional truck with chains going 5mph. Was pretty slick in the narrows though. When I got on in Frisco I had to double check that the road was open because there wasn’t a single car on 70. Weird.