Page 283 of 287 FirstFirst ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 7158
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'd go ahead and just switch your flight to ABQ
    I looked at that in the past also Durango. Have a couple hundred pounds of fish I am bringing down frozen. Have to minimize time at airports without freezer storage.
    Came up 470 to 70 and got stuck in the traffic. Thanks will probably do the 225 to 25 to 285 . There probably is an up to the minute site to check on 70 delays I could check
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    <snip> There probably is an up to the minute site to check on 70 delays I could check
    Yeah - Google Maps.

Stay away from I70 through Denver. Itís a construction mess. Fly into ABQ

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah - Google Maps.
    Yeah, cotrip.org and their app is basically useless.

I started playing with configuring their text alerts last Winter. It was hard to fine tune and I was getting bombarded to the point where I ignored my phone.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Came down Saturday PM from the mountains. Was smooth sailing until Bakerville, then an hour of traffic to Georgetown. Yet another semi truck fire at the bottom of the hill. This seems to be happening once a month at that spot 🤬

Drove by the wreckage yesterday with one of my clients in the car, they asked if it was hit by a missile. Sure as shit looked like it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

BFD, just use Google maps. Don't try to plan a route ahead of time. Trust in your Google overlords
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Yeah, cotrip.org and their app is basically useless.
    For whatever reason, the fastest way to get CDOT updates is on Twitter. Don't know why, but the app seems to lag behind

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    BFD, just use Google maps. Don't try to plan a route ahead of time. Trust in your Google overlords
    Thanks I have never used it. Did not realize it routes by traffic conditions.
    off your knees Louie

traveling at night and early in the morning opposite typical mountain rush hour seems to be the ticket
    or start walking you'll be to the airport before you know it
    wednesday night last week was money the whole way up the mountain
    some guy wanted to race down from the tunnel, very fun, topped out just over 90 averaged 85 he had the left lane I had the right lane we used the centerlane for passing
    good time by all

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Thanks I have never used it. Did not realize it routes by traffic conditions.
    yep, and it chooses all kinds of different routes. For ex, yesterday I threw in DIA to Wolf Creek, and it had the straightforward 70-C470-285, with heading down I-25 17 minutes slower. Right now, it has you going north on E470 to 76, then 76 to 70 to C470 to 285 (which is a weird route). Going E470 south to 25 is 12 minutes slower.

FYI, some of these routes (E470 and maybe 225?) have tolls. You can set Google Maps to avoid tolls if a toll road is a deal breaker.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

FYI, some of these routes (E470 and maybe 225?) have tolls.
    No tolls on I-225.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Thanks, that's pretty much Kansas to me so it must have been the toll on my well being that I felt.

Right now, it has you going north on E470 to 76, then 76 to 70 to C470 to 285 (which is a weird route).
    It was avoiding typical rush hour congestion. Pena-70-470-285 is going to be the fastest and simplest option most of the time, construction hasn't really made traffic much worse through there - it's been terrible for years.
    "It need not be fun to be fun." - Big Steve

throughpolarizedeyes.com

trust your computer

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    It was avoiding typical rush hour congestion. Pena-70-470-285 is going to be the fastest and simplest option most of the time, construction hasn't really made traffic much worse through there - it's been terrible for years.
    That was my only point, it routes you to avoid traffic occurring at that time. The route you describe is the standard one, but if he's smart he should decide based on what google says at the time. It's saved my ass on more than one occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Came down Saturday PM from the mountains. Was smooth sailing until Bakerville, then an hour of traffic to Georgetown. Yet another semi truck fire at the bottom of the hill. This seems to be happening once a month at that spot ��
    Just an FYI, it appears that someone told google maps that Silver Valley Road is closed through the end of November so it won't route you that way. However, it is not closed, and you should always use that route through bakerville-->sliver plume on any day you suspect traffic. Just make sure you slow down when driving through Plume as there are often kids in the area and people walking their dogs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Just an FYI, it appears that someone told google maps that Silver Valley Road is closed through the end of November so it won't route you that way. However, it is not closed, and you should always use that route through bakerville-->sliver plume on any day you suspect traffic. Just make sure you slow down when driving through Plume as there are often kids in the area and people walking their dogs, etc.
    Man... you should send this in a PM. You gon' fuck it up for the rest of us.

Nope - definitely closed. You absolutely should not take that road at any time. Youíll get pulled over and given a hefty fine.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Nope - definitely closed. You absolutely should not take that road at any time. Youíll get pulled over and given a hefty fine.
    Name:  hesright.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  24.5 KB

Not familiar with that name, but if that's just the name of the frontage road, it takes a hefty amount of traffic to make that the faster route.

Not familiar with that name, but if that's just the name of the frontage road, it takes a hefty amount of traffic to make that the faster route.
    I agree with you on the frontage between GTown and Empire, but the frontage between bakerville and plume is almost always faster (at least on weekends)

Jordan

I agree with you on the frontage between GTown and Empire, but the frontage between bakerville and plume is almost always faster (at least on weekends)

Jordan
    Plz stop.

This is why we can't have nice things.

And with all the boulders that fall down on that road every day, I am surprised if it's not closed suddenly.
    Definitely not worth taking the chance.

Last few times I've taken the frontage route, there were cops staked out every half mile busting people. I70 is much safer, even if slower.