Page 282 of 287 FirstFirst ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 7153
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have a hard side camper, so I may not be the best person to comment, but I don't get the appeal of driving something like that around. You're severely limited on where you can go (my camper fits in pretty much any spot that allows campers) and it's no fun to drive. Even getting gas must be a nightmare.
    I'd rather drive a 40ft gooseneck in a 3500 dually than a 20ft tag behind an SUV. Having done both, the big gooseneck is waaaaaay easier to drive.

However, I'm with you when talking campers specifically, any trailer limits where you can go, but the bigger the trailer, the more limiting it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'd rather drive a 40ft gooseneck in a 3500 dually than a 20ft tag behind an SUV. Having done both, the big gooseneck is waaaaaay easier to drive.

However, I'm with you when talking campers specifically, any trailer limits where you can go, but the bigger the trailer, the more limiting it is.
    I've never driven something like that so I'll take your word that it is easier to drive. But I don't have to worry if I turn off the highway, I know that I can make it down any old street that doesn't have a "no outlet" sign. Can't say the same for a monster rig.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

I was pretty sure lifted tundra driving flat brim bro brahs all just drove sprinter vans am I wrong?

Yeah, everyone that's not on Verizon
    ill move this to the what phone now thread. thx!

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I was pretty sure lifted tundra driving flat brim bro brahs all just drove sprinter vans am I wrong?
    No, I drive a lifted Tundra with a truck camper in the bed, while wearing a flatbrim.

The van market is for flatbrim wearing bro brahs who want to stay on paved roads, like simple.
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

No, I drive a lifted Tundra with a truck camper in the bed, while wearing a flatbrim.

The van market is for flatbrim wearing bro brahs who want to stay on paved roads, like simple.
    If unpaved parking lots count, I'm the king of the off-road vanlife .

Semi fire in the Eisenhower tunnel closed it for a few hours
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Semi fire in the Eisenhower tunnel closed it for a few hours
    Thought they were supposed to be testing it soon anyway.

I heard the guy is looking for a 25 year old 2500 or 3500 pick up to get with the program

I think he enjoys working on Van's and trucks in auto zone and Walmart parking lots

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Freak hailstorm dumps 4 inches on i70 at 5pm on Friday lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Freak hailstorm dumps 4 inches on i70 at 5pm on Friday lol
    My wife was headed back from Denver and saw the traffic so took Squaw pass and avoided the shitshow. Ended up being a pretty damn good move apparently.

Wasn’t there but looks to be an ongoing cluster for sure. Mudslide now I guess Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC4A39E2-2DDB-40F8-B773-F6A4D7D97892.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	442.2 KB 
ID:	293280

Westbound closed through the night at Hwy 6 junction

Quiet weekend maybe. I may have to go to town.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Lots of traffic heading up to Black Hawk from Golden then back down to 70. Looks fun lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pfvu603ss1l31.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	293285

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Closed for the night.

-edit: beat me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Holy shit, we saw remnants of hail on 285 on Friday, but was offline all weekend at the Sand Dunes so had no idea. Left Boulder at 3:45, sounds like we might have dodged a bullet!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

driving out of DIA around 11 AM on Thursday. Heading for Wolf Creek. What is the best route? Got stuck in the 70 construction in March. Is this avoidable? Rather drive 285 but open to 25 if it will be faster out of the city.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    driving out of DIA around 11 AM on Thursday. Heading for Wolf Creek. What is the best route? Got stuck in the 70 construction in March. Is this avoidable? Rather drive 285 but open to 25 if it will be faster out of the city.
    I-225 to I-25N to Hampden (Hwy 285). I'd check Google Maps and Waze to see on the morning of to see if this option is required...

You could do 225 to 25 to 285 in town if you really wanted to avoid any time on 70. Although in the middle of the day you're probably better off just taking 70 to 470 to 285.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I'd go ahead and just switch your flight to ABQ

285 route is prettier but is more weather prone you have 190 miles of mostly 2 lane road.

E470->I25->US160 sounds much more straightforward driving and avoids traversing Denver... I mean unless there is a blizzard hitting CS/Pueblo.

I'd go ahead and just switch your flight to ABQ
    Yea do ABQ, or COS, or SAF, if it doesn't add an airport connection. Cuts an hour off your drive. But not worth adding a connection. That time of year there might be UA or AA direct flights to DRO from big places like ORD, DFW, LAX, PHX and HOU... but flying to Durango can be pricey. You can fly from DEN. Don't fly inside CO. One little storm over CO and your lil bitty regional turbo prop is delayed or cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    285 route is prettier but is more weather prone you have 190 miles of mostly 2 lane road.

E470->I25->US160 sounds much more straightforward driving and avoids traversing Denver... I mean unless there is a blizzard hitting CS/Pueblo.
    Have you driven I-25 to/from CoSpgs lately? It's a total crapshoot whether you're going to end up in a clusterfuck on par with other I-70/I-25 shitshows.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Have you driven I-25 to/from CoSpgs lately? It's a total crapshoot whether you're going to end up in a clusterfuck on par with other I-70/I-25 shitshows.
    No I haven't driven that lately I try to avoid driving east of Idaho Springs unless there is an airport involved.
    Good to know