Page 281 of 465 FirstFirst ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,025 of 11607
    Technically, neither BV nor Fairplay are Western slope.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

9 out of 10 coloradans have no idea where the western slope is
    lets keep it that way

Is it just me or are there about 10x the amount of MASSIVE RVs and trailers than they were 10 years ago? Summer is almost as bad/if not worse than winter. At least it is predictable. Did all the boomers retire and buy 80 foot trailer RVs and have zero idea how to drive them?

Also can anyone explain to me the point of buying one of those, then paying to sit and "camp" in a lot full of 40 others with people every 10 feet? Are they just extremely extroverted or something and can't go 5 minutes without meeting new people?

Nothing better than getting stuck behind a motorcade of "Cruise America" rental RV's!!!

Several factors are involved but yes RV sales have been way up in recent years. Similar spikes have happened in the past. Low interest rates and long term financing will keep it up. Not just boomers are buying these RVs. Everyone with a dream of bringing an entire house full of stuff out in the woods is getting on the program. My biggest laugh is that these people still bring bottled water with them. Americans buy everything in bulk huh?

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Is it just me or are there about 10x the amount of MASSIVE RVs and trailers than they were 10 years ago? Summer is almost as bad/if not worse than winter. At least it is predictable. Did all the boomers retire and buy 80 foot trailer RVs and have zero idea how to drive them?

Also can anyone explain to me the point of buying one of those, then paying to sit and "camp" in a lot full of 40 others with people every 10 feet? Are they just extremely extroverted or something and can't go 5 minutes without meeting new people?
    something like this was heading up Cottonwood Pass yesterday morning, he couldn't make the turns without taking up both lanes, which was quite a shock to oncoming traffic.

I have a hard side camper, so I may not be the best person to comment, but I don't get the appeal of driving something like that around. You're severely limited on where you can go (my camper fits in pretty much any spot that allows campers) and it's no fun to drive. Even getting gas must be a nightmare.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    something like this was heading up Cottonwood Pass yesterday morning, he couldn't make the turns without taking up both lanes, which was quite a shock to oncoming traffic.

I have a hard side camper, so I may not be the best person to comment, but I don't get the appeal of driving something like that around. You're severely limited on where you can go (my camper fits in pretty much any spot that allows campers) and it's no fun to drive. Even getting gas must be a nightmare.
    Plus its 9/10 trucks that are broken down up and down from the tunnel. I just don't see the appeal but what would I know.

My favorite is when the salesman says "dont worry your tiny Subaru Honda fiat can pull this trailer no problem"

Getting stuck behind one if these monsters on a pass is awesome specially when they have the courtesy to pull the fuck over

Guess one of these trailers justifies owning a 3500 and living in Littleton

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post

Lots of those and huge Winnebagos towing a car. All hogging the right lane and sometimes the middle going 25 mph. Fuck them! Cannot understand the desire to do that either and then park in an RV Park. Mega white trash.

Getting around the traffic shitshow this weekend was easy. Had one backup where CDOT is beginning the WB highway widening at Empire. All because people were slowing down and freaking out because of jersey barriers to the side of the road. Fucking idiots!

Look at this aerial shot of the town of Louviers, between Highlands Ranch and Castle Rock. Acres and acres of RV storage. I'd hate to pay for the storage and maintenance on a trailer or RV just to haul it to the mountains for a few weekends a year. However I have rented a travel trailer for week long trips, when the kids were younger.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Louviers.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	402.6 KB 
ID:	293031

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    western slope traffic is terrible
    stay away from that part of the state
    The worst.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'd rather drive a 40ft gooseneck in a 3500 dually than a 20ft tag behind an SUV. Having done both, the big gooseneck is waaaaaay easier to drive.

However, I'm with you when talking campers specifically, any trailer limits where you can go, but the bigger the trailer, the more limiting it is.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'd rather drive a 40ft gooseneck in a 3500 dually than a 20ft tag behind an SUV. Having done both, the big gooseneck is waaaaaay easier to drive.

However, I'm with you when talking campers specifically, any trailer limits where you can go, but the bigger the trailer, the more limiting it is.
    I've never driven something like that so I'll take your word that it is easier to drive. But I don't have to worry if I turn off the highway, I know that I can make it down any old street that doesn't have a "no outlet" sign. Can't say the same for a monster rig.

I was pretty sure lifted tundra driving flat brim bro brahs all just drove sprinter vans am I wrong?

Yeah, everyone that's not on Verizon
    ill move this to the what phone now thread. thx!

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I was pretty sure lifted tundra driving flat brim bro brahs all just drove sprinter vans am I wrong?
    No, I drive a lifted Tundra with a truck camper in the bed, while wearing a flatbrim.

The van market is for flatbrim wearing bro brahs who want to stay on paved roads, like simple.

No, I drive a lifted Tundra with a truck camper in the bed, while wearing a flatbrim.

The van market is for flatbrim wearing bro brahs who want to stay on paved roads, like simple.
    If unpaved parking lots count, I'm the king of the off-road vanlife .

Semi fire in the Eisenhower tunnel closed it for a few hours
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Semi fire in the Eisenhower tunnel closed it for a few hours
    Thought they were supposed to be testing it soon anyway.

I heard the guy is looking for a 25 year old 2500 or 3500 pick up to get with the program

I think he enjoys working on Van's and trucks in auto zone and Walmart parking lots

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Freak hailstorm dumps 4 inches on i70 at 5pm on Friday lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Freak hailstorm dumps 4 inches on i70 at 5pm on Friday lol
    My wife was headed back from Denver and saw the traffic so took Squaw pass and avoided the shitshow. Ended up being a pretty damn good move apparently.

Wasn’t there but looks to be an ongoing cluster for sure. Mudslide now I guess Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC4A39E2-2DDB-40F8-B773-F6A4D7D97892.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	442.2 KB 
ID:	293280

Westbound closed through the night at Hwy 6 junction

Quiet weekend maybe. I may have to go to town.