Page 280 of 465 FirstFirst ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 11607
    seeing how RTD ridership is on the decline are politicians and gov't planners as stupid as they pretend to be lets waste money on trains no one but the homeless drug addicts want to ride
    anyone else following the DIA airport disaster when spending goes unchecked?
    cdot and rdt need alittle more oversight

Also like how vail resorts isn't interested in having the bus stang drop less than desirable skiers at their resort doorstep, cause people who take public transportation don't have the money

I love this quote.....

A high-speed transit system, which is hypothetically expected to carry about 5.4 million passengers a year, could mean as many as 4.2 million additional visitors, resulting in almost $550 million in additional spending

If you get more people to the resorts more quickly, guess what you’re going to need?

IMO, if you remove the deterrent of traffic, more people will attempt the journey. Building the PPSL just means another 2 years of construction delays, followed quickly by increased use offsetting any benefit whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

The answer is more resorts, for a shrinking industry that’s weather dependent, in the middle of a global warming trend.

We should host winter olympics to justify the expense. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    seeing how RTD ridership is on the decline are politicians and gov't planners as stupid as they pretend to be lets waste money on trains no one but the homeless drug addicts want to ride
    anyone else following the DIA airport disaster when spending goes unchecked?
    cdot and rdt need alittle more oversight

Also like how vail resorts isn't interested in having the bus stang drop less than desirable skiers at their resort doorstep, cause people who take public transportation don't have the money
    Seeing that modern train technology can't climb the hills nor deal with the Rocky Mountain weather, they will connect with the Georgetown Loop Railroad to get up Georgetown hill...think of the cost savings!!

Fucking morons...spending millions for details we can all tell them. There will NEVER be adequate ridership for a railroad to self sustain along the I-70 corridor.

And around we go....
    Faster access to mountains = even more people coming up. Keep the I70 bottleneck in place. Eventually people will give up and move?

shhh... don't tell them swiss that. they would feel silly after all they built already.

The US isn't Europe. Have you looked at our transportation system at all? A jumbled mess and we spend more money fixing things than anything else. The rails were all there 100 years ago in Colorado. They removed them after the mining industry went bust. Now we all drive cars with 5 seats but use only one.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I like the tilted seats.

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    shhh... don't tell them swiss that. they would feel silly after all they built already.

I rode this. It is really slow, but really freaking cool.

No live update from the roads today? I-70 traffic leaving Denver looked EPIKONIC, and it still does at 7pm.

Still EPIKONIC at 8:32.

I know someone who took lookout to get out of Golden.

And yet it is 1:37 to Vail at 6am. Sheeple gonna sheep. Pretty steady parade of Tacomas with 2 Yetis on the rack through the 'hood yesterday evening. They drive around in circles staring at their phone looking for their AirBnB. When they finally break down and ask the directions the standard greeting is "How was the drive and slow the fuck down!".

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    And yet it is 1:37 to Vail at 6am. Sheeple gonna sheep. Pretty steady parade of Tacomas with 2 Yetis on the rack through the 'hood yesterday evening. They drive around in circles staring at their phone looking for their AirBnB. When they finally break down and ask the directions the standard greeting is "How was the drive and slow the fuck down!".
    This.

Leaving now and will be on Lake Dillon cruising in a boat by 8:30 while the sheeple will be just waking up after a 3 - 4 hour trek yesterday to go 60 miles.

I'd like to share alittle love
    this past week was so quiet around town, the typical midwestern fat tourists on their ebikes t shirt shopping
    and right on time town started maxing out around lunch yesterday
    it's been a great summer our trails are rutted out and dusty
    traffic has been balls deep
    people with red lic plates stopping in the middle of the road
    angry front rangers driving like the d-bags they are in 70k suv's
    everyone trying to one up each other
    the smell of the weekend which is nothing more than ipa's weed smoke the howls of accomplishment from wanna be tough guys and constant noise from condos with too many bros, broing up for the weekend
    how mondays are a relief from the debauchery
    the getting pumped for ski season with tent sales that sell worn out rental skis that have been sitting in the sun all summer for retail
    the bullshit stories of how your gonna kill it this winter
    why would I wanna live anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I'd like to share alittle love
    this past week was so quiet around town, the typical midwestern fat tourists on their ebikes t shirt shopping
    and right on time town started maxing out around lunch yesterday
    it's been a great summer our trails are rutted out and dusty
    traffic has been balls deep
    people with red lic plates stopping in the middle of the road
    angry front rangers driving like the d-bags they are in 70k suv's
    everyone trying to one up each other
    the smell of the weekend which is nothing more than ipa's weed smoke the howls of accomplishment from wanna be tough guys and constant noise from condos with too many bros, broing up for the weekend
    how mondays are a relief from the debauchery
    the getting pumped for ski season with tent sales that sell worn out rental skis that have been sitting in the sun all summer for retail
    the bullshit stories of how your gonna kill it this winter
    why would I wanna live anywhere else
    9/10
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Summit actually seems pretty slow this weekend compared to the rest of this summer. Can’t wait for September. Best month of summer imho.

End of summer yo

Heh, all systems normal captain

Fairplay / 285 this afternoon looked bad again.

coming the other way (archery antelope season near como!) looked to have a guy flipping the lights again.

anyone not get cell service in fairplay?

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    Anyone not get cell service in fairplay?
    Yeah, everyone that's not on Verizon

Google routed me from BV down 24 then up 9 to get to Fairplay. Said it saved me oodles of time.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

western slope traffic is terrible
    stay away from that part of the state