Page 270 of 282 FirstFirst ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 7043
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yeah, should have done that. Even starting dumping for a half hour. Still havenít passed GTown

Didnít hit a shitshow like this all season. Guess I was due.
    You could always hike Berthoud. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    You could always hike Berthoud. Just sayin
    heading east on I-70, stuck at Georgetown, how was he supposed to hike Berthoud?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    heading east on I-70, stuck at Georgetown, how was he supposed to hike Berthoud?
    Herman Gulch to Jones, duh
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Hah, good point. Was thinking people only drive west on I70. Turn around and go to LL pass?

He didn't say how long the hike would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Ironically, the other night I saw a tow truck with a boat pulled over in the exact spot of the infamous boat from a few years ago. Donít know if he was picking it up there or what but gave me a chuckle.

We love you i70, all the way through may.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    We love you i70, all the way through may.

Wow, just brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Wow, just brutal.
    Could have been way worse:
    https://www.vaildaily.com/sports/bat...ame-postponed/

Damn frontrangers.

Apparently the truck at Georgetown was hauling wood flooring, and the majority of the load had to be removed before Fire could get water on the source. Front loader had to remove smoldering cargo, dump on the road to be hosed down, then loaded onto dump truck, and still hot spots and smoldering when unloaded.

Maybe they could have peeled the trailer open to get better access, but that call’s above my paygrade.

Greatest impact was due to the fact that the driver stopped on the overpass. Concerns about structural damage to the bridge/water and debris falling on vehicles passing under the bridge forced the re-routing, and the unanticipated extended off-load extended the closure hours beyond the original estimates. Greatest impact to me personally was when my wife called at 5p to ask whether she should stay on the interstate or get off at Bakerville, I said Bakerville adding another hour to what ended up being a 3+ hour commute from Frisco to G-town. I got much worse from her than any caller all day!

CDOT is going to be placing “No Stopping On Bridge “ signs on the overpass, in addition to the signs telling CMV’s with failed brakes not to exit, but inexperienced drivers with failed brakes/trailers on fire don’t read signs, so if we are ever in contact with the driver, we’ll STRONGLY recommend they continue 200 yds east to the chain-up. Unfortunately, if they've already stopped before we receive the call, and already hit the brakes with a fire extinguisher as was the case on this one, that rig isn't going anywhere. We were fortunate to be able to get the driver to separate the cab, or we probably would have had structural damage to the bridge and road surface, and extended the closure for who knows how long?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

The good news is that lumber liquidators is having a big sale on slightly blemished flooring next week

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/1...-traction-law/

Traction laws got beefed up, but not nearly enough IMO. The fine for breaking the traction law should be more expensive than snow tires and the fine for violating the chain law for trucks should be like $10k+.

Also, all rental cars should have dedicated snow tires or 4wd.

^^^ how will they enforce this? Will cop cars pull over any car that looks like itís 2WD?

Quote Originally Posted by suburbs View Post
    One way rentals make up a fair amount of business for rental companies, and is a huge tool for managing fleet size. How should they handle a requirement that all of their vehicles currently in Colorado are required to have snow tires?

Also, do you know what percentage of rental transactions involve travel out of the Denver Metro area, and into the mountain corridor? I don't think anyone does.
    It doesn't require snow tires. Just M/S, M+S. Which is why it is a trash bill. Even the random Costco Michelin all-season tires on my gfs civic have. That's not a high bar to set.

Quote Originally Posted by suburbs View Post
    One way rentals make up a fair amount of business for rental companies, and is a huge tool for managing fleet size. How should they handle a requirement that all of their vehicles currently in Colorado are required to have snow tires?

Also, do you know what percentage of rental transactions involve travel out of the Denver Metro area, and into the mountain corridor? I don't think anyone does.
    Omg how does (pick a province/state/country that imposes a snow tires) requirement even exist??? Surely there are no car rentals in such places as Quebec or Switzerland because such snow tire problems are too complex to solve!

They would figure out.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

You're a genius. My quick googleing shows that both those countries require cars registered within those countries to yve snow tires during a certain time of year. If we follow their example, then ooncars registered in the United States of America should have snot tires during a specified time of year. Makes a lot of sense to me

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Love the euro driving laws. Problem is Americans don't like rules that restrict freedum.

Euros have cameras on highways. Through cities you speed you get a fine in the mail. Between cities you can cruise. Trucks are enforced to lower speed limits and right lane. Makes too much sense right? Too bad the standard Congress person is a scientific dimwit who doesn't even drive enough to know what makes sense.

If yur gonna run the 20mph roadblock, ya might wanna actually be moving some snow.

Just witnessed a pretty good pileup east of the tunnel eastbound. Snow was only sticking from G-town to Bakerville, but wet at the tunnel. Kinda weird, but allowed people going eastbound to haul ass into a frozen curve. 30ish cars crashed. Westbound was clogged with trucks w/o chains, and cars with insufficient traction just spinning their wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Just witnessed a pretty good pileup east of the tunnel eastbound. Snow was only sticking from G-town to Bakerville, but wet at the tunnel. Kinda weird, but allowed people going eastbound to haul ass into a frozen curve. 30ish cars crashed. Westbound was clogged with trucks w/o chains, and cars with insufficient traction just spinning their wheels.
    Wow that does not sound great. Hopefully no major injuries.

Can verify that Canada, at least BC, is no different - the road to Whistler is M+S when should be snow tires required, and it is an absolute debacle when conditions go south.

I-70 provides.

I-70 - bringing the lolz for decades.

Vail Pass closed EB, just before I get on to head to the Basin.

MTHR FKR

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Vail Pass closed EB, just before I get on to head to the Basin.

MTHR FKR
    With this weather forecast, you should have known better and left by 5. Actually surprised it opened at 9...for a little while at least. You make it later and did you get double-dipped on the way home?
    Spring storms like this put the shit in show.

I turned around at about 830, went to the Cascade, and hiked with the dog. Then grabbed a sixer of Stone IPA (at fucking shitty market, by the way - so awesome). Not the worst day.

Will try again in the morning, leaving at 630am this time.