Page 266 of 465 FirstFirst ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Where you seeing they are gonna have checkpoints? I don't see that anywhere. Checkpoints would require a huge manpower increase which would be included in the fiscal note linked above if they were gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Check points will never happen. We've covered the feasibility of this in the past.
    This bill is more about awareness and a slight revenue stream.
    The article said Scott "envisioned checkpoints" as part of mandated enforcement, the law itself doesn't prescribe them specifically as mentioned so makes sense they won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    The article said Scott "envisioned checkpoints" as part of mandated enforcement, the law itself doesn't prescribe them specifically as mentioned so makes sense they won't happen.
    Scott can continue to envision whatever he wants. He's a legislator not an agency responsible for doing this. CDOT ain't going to take on a massive program without funding to do such. Even if they'd make some revenue back I can't imagine it would be cost neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Tell us where this check point would be stationed please. If more than one, then where?

Expect criticism from actual engineers who know FHWA criteria so don't be offended.
    It seems simple in the West (see what I did there) with all the land around Gypsum. Could spur the local economy with tire and accessory shops. It would exclude bald tired workers in Vail metro unfortunately.

Front range would be a fair bit harder. If they did something like annex Bandemire Speedway and funnel all of the rejects into a holding pen there for tires/autosock application; it would eliminate the big first hill that causes half the problems in Morrison.

Not sure where else they could buy land but maybe around Dumont or something. Would miss the big first hills but keep them out of the higher regions.

It could be an agenda to only check tires if traffic is moving at less than 5mph in blizzard conditions.

But I'm just spitballing ala building a double decker highway, supertrain, etc, and I've never seen the setup in CA.
    So what would an engineer who knows FHWA criteria say?

Also, No matter the conclusion, I think any talk or rhetoric is helpful. All but the most inept traveler knows CO is getting tougher on tires and I just can't see how that's anything negative. I've never been to Canadia but I know I might have to review my driving infractions before going because of random net chat. Had no idea that was even a thing if not for that.

spot checks instead of 100% checkpoints?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    spot checks instead of 100% checkpoints?
    Seems like it would be easiest when things are already stopped or slowed...a few of my slogs this year wouldn't have been further harmed by a 20 second tire check. But again, if conditions are shit, doesn't CSP/CDOT have other priorities? And if conditions are fine in a random dry October day, how can they justify a tire check?

Experienced season-long M+S requirements with random checkpoints over a season in Whistler, but never actually got stopped in one. That road has a similar ratio of poorly equipped vehicles, but not nearly the volume.

Agree w/Rideski that maybe a bunch of publicity/signs/etc. will force a few dozen folks to reconsider driving up with crap tires, and that may provide a semblance of benefit. It only takes one car to ruin it for everybody.

S: Road Incident I-70 UPDATE
    Road: I-70
    Direction of Travel: WB
    UPDATED -Mile Marker/Near: now closed at 190 top of Vail Pass
    UPDATED -Lane: Both lanes blocked

10:23:0404-10-2019
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

pulling my camper over Vail Pass on Friday, fingers crossed that it isn't too gnarly.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    pulling my camper over Vail Pass on Friday, fingers crossed that it isn't too gnarly.
    Hopefully you've got really good snow tires?

S: Vail Pass Closed
    Vail Pass is closed

Road: I-70
    Direction of Travel: EB

Call 511 or check cotrip.org for updates. 04-10-2019 12:04:58

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Do you have a boat you could daisy chain behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    It will be extremely entertaining if the default board shorthand for being stuck behind a dumbass caused traffic jamb on I70 switches from "boat" to "Danno's camper."

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hopefully you've got really good snow tires?

I do on the truck. Not on the camper.

Believe me, the boat has been in my thoughts (and anti-prayers).

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    It will be extremely entertaining if the default board shorthand for being stuck behind a dumbass caused traffic jamb on I70 switches from "boat" to "Danno's camper."

I plan on going slow as fuck by the tunnel and over Vail pass, and I'm hoping the roads are (mostly) better by Friday midday.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

But I thought mountain locals can drive in this? This lengthy closure isn’t by Front Rangers or Texans, since they’ve given up on skiing.

All I ever see is red plates and transplants on I70. No "natives" use that road.

I have dibs on the boat.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Leave the camper at one of the super stealth tgr roadside campsites listed on the interwebz

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Leave the camper at one of the super stealth tgr roadside campsites listed on the interwebz
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    PM simple for details

If you leave the boat chained to the camper it will make it hudgely harder to thieve.

Option: Detour Albuquerque to Vegas.

PM simple for details
    Damm straight. If you want recommendations for crappy off camber dirt lots on the side of the highway I got plenty of beta from the front rangers here.

I'd probably let Danno park his little gypsy caravan full of kids, dogs, and wives at my place. Dude seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I'd probably let Danno park his little gypsy caravan full of kids, dogs, and wives at my place. Dude seems legit.
    I'm super excited for the coming TR...

S: Road Incident
    Vail pass is closed EB at mile marker 176 for safety concerns. Expect delays and use caution in the area.

So damn predictable.

I love snow tires

I'll take cars with flyover state plates for a $1000 Alex.