Page 263 of 465 FirstFirst ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad_games View Post
    shocking
    i think I’m gonna spin a few laps there this afternoon while my lovely wife rips out some nordic loops. On days like today at Eldorka it’s always a challenge to choose between 110s, 92s, and ice skates.

Annnnd I70 WB closed bc of multiple spinouts west of the tunnel.

Cdot knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summit County was gridlock with intermittent I70, Swan, and Dam closures plus gapes spinning out on the hill in town Silverthorne.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It was fucking hilarious seeing all the snowmen in the median yesterday from the avy control closures on Sunday.

it's offishal colorado is full of pussies
    two of my guys decided not to come to work today because of the roads, they live in trailerthorne
    park county isn't bothering to plow their roads, it's pretty much on an every other week basis, at least those guys aren't pussies and showed up to work today

and true to form some dipshit with bald city tires and texas plates friday night was blindly following his gps hoping to find a short cut to denver
    what he did find was a dead end road and a snow bank/ditch
    the people in the parking lot said he was doing at least 45 mph before he realized the road just ended

why are people idiots? why do they just belive anything a computer tells them?

lucky for him I was there with my xc skis lycra skimo outfit on and my lifted bad ass chevy to pull him out I think my big truck and cod piece really confused him and his accent

come on you know...the entire world is getting soft. all we need now is jobs for all and guaranteed income.

last Thursday on American Way (peak 7) i couldn't get out of the hood as there were too many stuck cars in the middle of the road and county was in firefighting mode so they skipped plowing til late afternoon.

...a few neighbors and myself thought we could help get the road cleared and started digging them out...the more we cleared the road, the more idiots thought they could make it up the hill...eventually we gave up.

lucky for him I was there with my xc skis lycra skimo outfit on and my lifted bad ass chevy to pull him out I think my big truck and cod piece really confused him and his accent
    Can we please respect the awesomeness that is Fred. Here in the 80478 we are just barely holding on and resisting the pussification...but it is moving downvalley. My tow strap is getting a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    come on you know...the entire world is getting soft. all we need now is jobs for all and guaranteed income.

last Thursday on American Way (peak 7) i couldn't get out of the hood as there were too many stuck cars in the middle of the road and county was in firefighting mode so they skipped plowing til late afternoon.

...a few neighbors and myself thought we could help get the road cleared and started digging them out...the more we cleared the road, the more idiots thought they could make it up the hill...eventually we gave up.
    I don't know what to make of that neighborhood people drive like assholes up there and all expect to go 45 mph everyone who goes into the ditch up there deserves it
    end of rant

I have a buddy who lives up there and when he's really bored he gets super baked and drives around pulling people out, he straight up asks them for money bud or beer before he gets out of the truck

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    it's offishal colorado is full of pussies
    two of my guys decided not to come to work today because of the roads, they live in trailerthorne
    park county isn't bothering to plow their roads, it's pretty much on an every other week basis, at least those guys aren't pussies and showed up to work today

and true to form some dipshit with bald city tires and texas plates friday night was blindly following his gps hoping to find a short cut to denver
    what he did find was a dead end road and a snow bank/ditch
    the people in the parking lot said he was doing at least 45 mph before he realized the road just ended

why are people idiots? why do they just belive anything a computer tells them?

Everything about this post is awesome.

This winter and the resulting stories in this thread have hit a widespread and sustained level that I can’t recall.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Super wet slush/snow accumulating in Denver. Traffic lights out in places. People not understanding the concept of stopping at a broken light and then going. I swear we as a people need to have driver’s retests every five years. Add to that snow tires for every vehicle going into the mountains. Give an insurance break for them or something. Fuck all these idiots in Priuses driving in this shit, with go-cart tires.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Super wet slush/snow accumulating in Denver. Traffic lights out in places. People not understanding the concept of stopping at a broken light and then going. I swear we as a people need to have driver’s retests every five years. Add to that snow tires for every vehicle going into the mountains. Give an insurance break for them or something. Fuck all these idiots in Priuses driving in this shit, with go-cart tires.
    I’ve said it for years. You should have to take a driving test every time you renew your license. Taking a test when you are 26 and not having to ever do it again is beyond dumb.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

VP closed
    Eisenhower closed
    Loveland closed
    Berthoud closed
    Kenosha closed
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    VP closed
    Eisenhower closed
    Loveland closed
    Berthoud closed
    Kenosha closed
    Good day to be stuck in the mountains. Bad day to have to do life if it doesn’t involve skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I am asking for legit why when I70 shit show is in full effect, cannot there be a check point that just meters traffic and checks everyones tires/chains up appropriately. If you don't have the appropriate rated tires/chains for the conditions then you do not pass go, if you slip by, get in an accident with improper tires/gear then immediate tickets/insurance premium raise etc. in order to presumably make the roadway a safer place which in can save potential lives and time in the long run.

I guess morons will pull the 'Murica freedom card citing "ain't nobody gun tell me what tyres I gots to have on mah cars"

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    I am asking for legit why when I70 shit show is in full effect, cannot there be a check point that just meters traffic and checks everyones tires/chains up appropriately. If you don't have the appropriate rated tires/chains for the conditions then you do not pass go, if you slip by, get in an accident with improper tires/gear then immediate tickets/insurance premium raise etc. in order to presumably make the roadway a safer place which in can save potential lives and time in the long run.

I guess morons will pull the 'Murica freedom card citing "ain't nobody gun tell me what tyres I gots to have on mah cars"
    Probably because of the time that it would take to check every single car would create massive gridlock and cause more problems like cars being stuck on hills spinning their tires.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Probably because of the time that it would take to check every single car would create massive gridlock and cause more problems like cars being stuck on hills spinning their tires.
    I mean, I could be wrong, but is that not exactly what happens anyways?

This is the system for I-80 in Tahoe. Yes, it definitely creates a backup, but it's worth it for the safety of the roads after chain control. I miss it.

If I-80 can manage it with their numbers, I-70 could with theirs. I think there must be other reasons for no chain control. Anybody know?

Tell us where this check point would be stationed please. If more than one, then where?

Expect criticism from actual engineers who know FHWA criteria so don't be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I don't know what to make of that neighborhood people drive like assholes up there and all expect to go 45 mph everyone who goes into the ditch up there deserves it
    end of rant

I have a buddy who lives up there and when he's really bored he gets super baked and drives around pulling people out, he straight up asks them for money bud or beer before he gets out of the truck
    that's awesome and they deserve to pay!

there is a push to get the rest of it paved...then it will 65mph...or become a back road to peak 7 and 8 then we will have back ups like Vail pass or the tunnel. idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Tell us where this check point would be stationed please. If more than one, then where?

Expect criticism from actual engineers who know FHWA criteria so don't be offended.
    I think this is the real issue preventing chain control. I-80 seems to have a lot more places where it's safe to have a large number of drivers pull over to chain up.

But if they were really checking cars for that type of necessary equipment, don't you think there would be far fewer people trying to make it through the checkpoint? If you didn't have AWD with proper snow tires or chains, then you'd know ahead of time that you weren't making it through. (at least I would hope)

They could create a checkpoint in Golden/Lakewood just after 470 merges onto the highway, and before you head up the hill. Same thing at the base of Clear Creek Canyon, and at the bottom of 285 before you start up through Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    But if they were really checking cars for that type of necessary equipment, don't you think there would be far fewer people trying to make it through the checkpoint? If you didn't have AWD with proper snow tires or chains, then you'd know ahead of time that you weren't making it through. (at least I would hope)

They could create a checkpoint in Golden/Lakewood just after 470 merges onto the highway, and before you head up the hill. Same thing at the base of Clear Creek Canyon, and at the bottom of 285 before you start up through Morrison.
    Part of the problem is that there isn't enough of the "They" you speak of. CDOT is incredibly underfunded and undermanned.

Agreed.... but shouldn't it be CSP, not CDOT? And in this case, if they actually enforced the rules, you'd think the fines alone could fund the enforcement.