Page 204 of 465 FirstFirst ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    What do you mean 6:45? Get there at 8
    Well, I was hypothetically leaving my house at 6:45 to drive to Golden for an 8am arrival.......didn't really think that needed an explanation. Have fun on I70.
    Old's Cool.

Smooth sailing today. Middle of a holiday weekend always works.

Passed 3 semi trucks that were slower speed, tightly configured, and in the right lane on a Sunday night. #notbad #thumbsup

I've never skied in Colorado - plans to head out there in a few weeks, conditions dependent. If we're at Copper Mountain on Sunday, and flying out that night from DEN, is there a sweet spot time to leave from Copper so as not to get stuck in hours of traffic?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've never skied in Colorado - plans to head out there in a few weeks, conditions dependent. If we're at Copper Mountain on Sunday, and flying out that night from DEN, is there a sweet spot time to leave from Copper so as not to get stuck in hours of traffic?
    If I need to back in the Front Range for some reason on a Sunday, I try to be through the tunnel by 1PM.

Leave now!!

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    Leave now!!
    He missed his window... RIP

If you were just asking to get home to Denver I’d say just have fun skiing and deal with the roads. If you have a flight with non exchangeable tix that’s different. Why Sunday? How about midnight Sunday or 6am Monday?

What time is the flight?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Just stay at the airport, it's the only way to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Usually it’s about how TABOR prevents I70 being replaced by a high speed train. Cause that will solve all problems
    That fantasy train that can climb steep hills and attract enough riders to make any sense at all keeps coming up occasionally. Does it have a Star Trek transporter attachment to send you to the ski area/trailhead/cheesy après ski bar of your choice once you disembark at the train station with all your gear? Now for that I'd pay extra.

Those million dollar tunnels and toll lane were supposed to fix things...ha! Suckers...

For the record the $26 million toll lane allegedly reduces average peak travel time by 2 minutes. And can only be used about 75 days a year. And can not be used during inclement weather because the lanes are too narrow and don't meet FHA requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    That fantasy train that can climb steep hills and attract enough riders to make any sense at all keeps coming up occasionally. Does it have a Star Trek transporter attachment to send you to the ski area/trailhead/cheesy après ski bar of your choice once you disembark at the train station with all your gear? Now for that I'd pay extra.

Those million dollar tunnels and toll lane were supposed to fix things...ha! Suckers...

For the record the $26 million toll lane allegedly reduces average peak travel time by 2 minutes. And can only be used about 75 days a year. And can not be used during inclement weather because the lanes are too narrow and don't meet FHA requirements.
    In my experience the toll lanes have really helped ease traffic from the winter park merge, and after the tunnel things move very smoothly. YMMV but in my experience they have worked.

I never drive I70 on the weekends any more though. Fuck that. Weekday skiing is where it’s at.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What time is the flight?
    Flight departs DEN at about 9:30 PM, IIRC. We will have luggage to check and a rental car to drop off.

If leaving Copper around 1 or 2 PM means a relatively painless drive back into Denver, I'm good with that. Happy to spend some time hanging out and getting dinner somewhere before heading to the airport.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Flight departs DEN at about 9:30 PM, IIRC. We will have luggage to check and a rental car to drop off.

If leaving Copper around 1 or 2 PM means a relatively painless drive back into Denver, I'm good with that. Happy to spend some time hanging out and getting dinner somewhere before heading to the airport.
    You will be fine. Leaving copper at 2 PM means you will definitely hit traffic though

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Also not sure what your schedule is like but you could consider skiing ABasin on Sunday.... closer to denver and the drive over Loveland pass is often less traffic than through the tunnel

If your flight is at 930 you should be fine either way unless there is a blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    You will be fine. Leaving copper at 2 PM means you will definitely hit traffic though
    Was going to say the same. 2 pm departure will definitely get you there in time, but it may or may not be smooth sailing. 1 pm will get you bank with lots of time to enjoy a nice meal in Denver.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Forgot to mention - plane ticket is cancelable/ refundable, but can't change it to any later or Monday without that costing a bunch.

Thanks. Traffic like stop-and-go the entire way back to Denver, or only until clearing the tunnel?

Forgot to mention - plane ticket is cancelable/ refundable, but can't change it to any later or Monday without that costing a bunch.

Thanks. Traffic like stop-and-go the entire way back to Denver, or only until clearing the tunnel?
    Likely stop and go until Idaho Springs then smooth sailing.

Unpredictable, but not all the way to Denver. Likely just some "slow and go" congestion to Idaho Springs, then smooth from there.

Also not sure what your schedule is like but you could consider skiing ABasin on Sunday.... closer to denver and the drive over Loveland pass is often less traffic than through the tunnel
    We're planning on Copper because of the 2-for-1 voucher from the gas station deal. Will look at A-basin too though.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Was going to say the same. 2 pm departure will definitely get you there in time, but it may or may not be smooth sailing. 1 pm will get you bank with lots of time to enjoy a nice meal in Denver.
    1 PM departure is fine too. It'll be the last day of around 6 or 7 ski days in an 8 day window, so an early end to the last day isn't a bad thing.

Thanks everyone!

Back to the bitching: saw an asshole driving 55 in the left lane up I70 near Lookout Mtn get honked at by a truck. The guy (in an Accord) proceeds to brake check a fucking semi

We're planning on Copper because of the 2-for-1 voucher from the gas station deal. Will look at A-basin too though.!
    How much fuel you plan on purchasing, hoss? Driving the Abrams down? I got some CM 1/2 off vouchers hanging out fi you want them. WPMJ too, which I recommend for reasons unknown even to me cuz i literally never ski copper for no good reason. Last I checked 1/2 off was about the same as BOGO, cept even the first one aint full price. PM me if interested.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Back to the bitching: saw an asshole driving 55 in the left lane up I70 near Lookout Mtn get honked at by a truck. The guy (in an Accord) proceeds to brake check a fucking semi

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    How much fuel you plan on purchasing, hoss? Driving the Abrams down? I got some CM 1/2 off vouchers hanging out fi you want them. WPMJ too, which I recommend for reasons unknown even to me cuz i literally never ski copper for no good reason. Last I checked 1/2 off was about the same as BOGO, cept even the first one aint full price. PM me if interested.
    Thanks! I'll send a PM.

Thanks! I'll send a PM.
    Chup, I've got discount vouchers to Copper & WP also if you are interested

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk