Page 193 of 465 FirstFirst ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    My drive to ABasin SUCKED on Saturday morning. Left the house at 7:08 and got stuck behind some jackass doing 32 in the 35 over Swan Mtn Road, then some Jerry headed up Loveland Pass apparently couldn't read the "Passing Lane 500 FT" signs and took up both lanes.... through all 3 passing zones! FINALLY pulled into the lower lot at 7:37.....bastards cost me a good 2 minutes and a closer parking spot to the A-Frame. ARGHHH!
    Then I waited 20 minutes for Lenawee to spin.

I feel your pain man, when I walk out the door and the sidewalk hasn't been plowed, my walk to the gondola then takes over fifteen minutes, then the gondola line is a shit show of #cogumbies, so then I have to take a quick bus ride or continue walking over the quick silver chair which is full of gapers in jeans and first timers, lucky there is never a line as long as you can snake through the khaos of first timers trying to put googles and skis on, from there it's that other chair I never remember the name of, breck is all lifts and no vert btw, then E chair fun downhill, thats a lot of fucking effort for one run, I did time it out once for fun, it was just over an hr from my front door to summit of peak 8, I really can't complain, a walk, 4 lift rides, and a quick hike to the top

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, this isn't I-70 related, but you'll know why I thought of this thread. A friend went hiking up Mammoth Gulch this weekend. For this who don't know, it's an easy 4wd road near the continental divide, right near the east portal of the Moffat Tunnel. Probably at 10,000' elevation or higher. This is what he found.

There was a broken down boat on the side of 119 near Gap Rd probably in Nov. looks like it's the same one. Fucking slobs.

It's parked nose in.

Think about that.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

its been shark fishin
    gonna need a bigger boat
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    ^^Obviously stashed for the winter, just waiting to ride peak runoff down South Boulder Creek come spring.
    LOL! Colorado's sledneck version of Holling C. Holling's classic "Paddle to the Sea"

Please put me back in the water (and ensure the bilge plug is in and the auto bilge pump functional) for I am Paddle to the Sea, Brah.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    It's parked nose in.

Think about that.
    Its called a 'bow' ya land lubber!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Since when did the dinosaur lots not allow overnight parking? Going on a work trip and this is where we picked to meet.

Am I going to get a ticket leaving my car there tonight?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Toad
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Since when did the dinosaur lots not allow overnight parking? Going on a work trip and this is where we picked to meet.

Wow - that's news to me. But yeah - I'd imagine you're going to risk a ticket/tow parking there at this point...

Maybe switch to an RTD park-n-ride instead? http://www.rtd-denver.com/HowToPark.shtml#pnrlist

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Wow - that's news to me. But yeah - I'd imagine you're going to risk a ticket/tow parking there at this point...

Maybe switch to an RTD park-n-ride instead? http://www.rtd-denver.com/HowToPark.shtml#pnrlist
    Huh? It states specifically in that link that parking is free, you just can't park for more than 30 consecutive days. Looks like the only PNR that doesn't allow overnight is near DU.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Huh? It states specifically in that link that parking is free, you just can't park for more than 30 consecutive days. Looks like the only PNR that doesn't allow overnight is near DU.
    Dino lots are not PNRs (they're owned by CDOT not RTD). Yes you can park overnight at PNRs but not at the Dino lots anymore.

Too late. I'll find out.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Dino lots are not PNRs (they're owned by CDOT not RTD). Yes you can park overnight at PNRs but not at the Dino lots anymore.
    Well that's fucking dumb then

Too late. I'll find out.
    Why? Just move 2 miles uphill to the PNR at the Lookout Mtn exit, then you know you're good. I can't imagine they'd change the rules then not enforce them.

Why? Just move 2 miles uphill to the PNR at the Lookout Mtn exit, then you know you're good. I can't imagine they'd change the rules then not enforce them.
    because I'm in fairplay right now.

Well, I'll thank you in advance for your contribution to the government then.

I'd guess it's too late cause he already left the car there and is headed into the mtns.

If Danno doesn't get a ticket or towed, then his car will probably get broken into and ransacked.

There's a disc golf course there, so that is comforting.

Also, the new cafe in the strip mall at the intersection is really good for eats. Nice owners too.

Well, I'll thank you in advance for your contribution to the government then.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    If Danno doesn't get a ticket or towed, then his car will probably get broken into and ransacked.
    I did park right across from the gas station, and it's well lit.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    There's a disc golf course there, so that is comforting.

Also, the new cafe in the strip mall at the intersection is really good for eats. Nice owners too.
    Was just passing through, on my way to Alamosa (just a quick overnight, not the big trip).

There's one in bv and poncha too.

Also elevation brewing!

I want to goto denver tomorrow, I got a bad feeling I'm going to get dicked by weather and traffic on the way home sat evening

what time should I leave?

Depends on the severity of the storm Sat night.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I want to goto denver tomorrow, I got a bad feeling I'm going to get dicked by weather and traffic on the way home sat evening

what time should I leave?
    Now.

no ticket. And judging by the mega kitchen range amount of cars parked in the lots on a Friday night, they don't enforce the overnight parking ban (because why else would hundreds of cars be there tonight).

no ticket. And judging by the mega kitchen range amount of cars parked in the lots on a Friday night, they don't enforce the overnight parking ban (because why else would hundreds of cars be there tonight).
    I parked in Dino for 3 nights last March. No ticket....