Page 190 of 465 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 11607
    I've had this argument so many times in this very thread that I give up. Yeah, get rid of the trucks. Everyone don't forget to bring a sack lunch and fill up the tank before you come up!

Please give up. You have been pointed out to be off base many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Please give up. You have been pointed out to be off base many times before.
    You got it bud. You win.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I've had this argument so many times in this very thread that I give up.
    Liar. Just give it some time and you'll be ready to go again!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

FWIW, I agree that there is no way in hell that you are going to ban trucks during the weekends. You could, however, make it a toll road and have higher pricing during peak times, which might encourage some truckers to figure out alternatives. I fucking hate toll roads, but realistically, with funding be so bad and TABOR being such a restriction, it might be a way to address it (both by raising revenue for improvements and impacting driver behavior).
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Liar. Just give it some time and you'll be ready to go again!
    Fuck you Danno! Franger trash!

Ban trucks! Cars only. We'll just ask that everyone bring a little something to drop off when they get here.

Then we'll set up a checkpoint at Floyd Hill to check EVERY SINGLE CAR for tire chains.

Sounds so ummmmm what's the word? SIMPLE!

FWIW, I agree that there is no way in hell that you are going to ban trucks during the weekends. You could, however, make it a toll road and have higher pricing during peak times, which might encourage some truckers to figure out alternatives. I fucking hate toll roads, but realistically, with funding be so bad and TABOR being such a restriction, it might be a way to address it (both by raising revenue for improvements and impacting driver behavior).
    Aren't there some legislative rules that preclude turning it into a toll road? I seem to vaguely recall some issue with making this happen.

I'm all for it, for the record, but I'm a rich old white dude. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Aren't there some legislative rules that preclude turning it into a toll road? I seem to vaguely recall some issue with making this happen.

I'm all for it, for the record, but I'm a rich old white dude. FWIW.
    fuck if I know, but I bet the answer is in this thread somewhere, as this is the 23rd time we have had this discussion here.

fuck if I know, but I bet the answer is in this thread somewhere, as this is the 23rd time we have had this discussion here.

Again, a restricted truck period during Sat AM and Sun PM would be helpful - they do this in the East. Not the end of the problem but a roiling 30-40 mph lane closure fucking sucks. Especially when idiots can’t merge and then pass efficiently.

Still waiting for a Vail Pass closure today...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    First one...Safety closure at Frisco

Now that we have trucks on weekends sorted out, have we discussed TABOR in this thread yet?

What’s TABOR?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Now that we have trucks on weekends sorted out, have we discussed TABOR in this thread yet?
    don't worry I'll explain it to you tomorrow, I'm a tad bit baked right now and I've been riding my bike all afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    don't worry I'll explain it to you tomorrow, I'm a tad bit baked right now and I've been riding my bike all afternoon
    You still boning that blonde chick?

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Truly amazed we didn't get one with this storm...as of now of course. The night is young.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    You still boning that blonde chick?
    no she moved back in with her parents, left a bunch a shit at my house though, she needs to come get it, I'm back on the scene again, too bad all the summit county milfs are onto a guy like me, their loss

It was super slick out today around the county. I was going really slow and still could not stop at multiple intersections. Should be like this all weekend so carnage will ensue around Summit. Can't believe I haven't seen more wrecks.

I’ve got to head to Denver Sat night for an early flight on Sunday. I don’t drive east past empire anymore and never on weekends. If I leave Vail at 3 will it be a mess? Should I wait til 6? 8?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

It was super slick out today around the county. I was going really slow and still could not stop at multiple intersections. Should be like this all weekend so carnage will ensue around Summit. Can't believe I haven't seen more wrecks.
    Same here. I was surprised on how slick it was. Driving south on 9 this morning watched a car lose it into the snow bank. With more snow tonight and MLK weekend I’m sure the carnage will be plentiful.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I’ve got to head to Denver Sat night for an early flight on Sunday. I don’t drive east past empire anymore and never on weekends. If I leave Vail at 3 will it be a mess? Should I wait til 6? 8?
    obviously keep an eye on cdot, but I think leaving at 3 is a bad idea. You should be fine at 6 unless it's a really bad day, but you would know that before you left. 8 would be no problem unless it was one of the very worst days.

Saw two cars get sideways on that sweeping left turn on Cove Blvd. Could probably ice skate down that road. Shitshow incoming.

You should leave now.

You coming to visit? Then it will surely snow. Do what I do, drive west to eagle airport, sleep in.