Page 189 of 465 FirstFirst ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 11610
    I'm betting they put the chain law into effect tonight when and if it gets heavier. According to the article they'll start using it more often. Seems like they really won't be enforcing it unless you get in an accident like the traction law.

http://www.9news.com/article/traffic...ften/502395465

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    I'm betting they put the chain law into effect tonight when and if it gets heavier. According to the article they'll start using it more often. Seems like they really won't be enforcing it unless you get in an accident like the traction law.

http://www.9news.com/article/traffic...ften/502395465
    How else would you suggest they enforce it? Checkpoints would be a clusterfuck.

Tires rotated. Oil changed. Time to live out of the van for a few days and chase some snow up US40.

Now this is some funny real world type shit:

"I don't know, what's a snow tire?" said Rona Wang, a California college student driving to Winter Park.

Wang and her friend Xu Cheng were stopped at an Idaho Springs gas station when they said the thing that may upset you more than finding out they are from California.

"First time driving in the snow," Wang said. "I feel like every out-of-stater doesn't like California drivers. They don't like California female drivers or Asian female drivers from California. It's OK, we're just mocking ourselves."

It was actually Cheng's first time seeing snow fall from the sky. They were on a trip to Winter Park and then Glenwood Springs later in the week. It's not clear they were in a vehicle that met the traction law requirements, though I-70 was mainly wet to the Empire/Winter Park exit.

"We drive really slow, though," said Wang. "I pressed my gas pedal, I just couldn't get (going)…"

"Which is a good thing," interrupted Cheng.

"I think it's a good thing, actually," said Wang.
    Fact is, it just takes one or two cars like this to fuck over an entire day's worth of ski travel for thousands of people....

Seriously: how would they have a checkpoint in the middle of a three lane hwy and organize it so some vehicles get the go ahead and others are forced to exit and get off. If you’re a vehicle in the left lane queue and you get turned away, where the fuck are you going? All the way across the highway while other vehicles are going forward? Complete clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    <snip> Time to live out of the van for a few days and chase some rain up US40.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Says no professional forecaster.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...7#.WlYwmq6nGUk
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...0#.WlYwua6nGUk

Well, I stand corrected.

Name:  xrofl.gif
Views: 334
Size:  1.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Fact is, it just takes one or two cars like this to fuck over an entire day's worth of ski travel for thousands of people....
    I got really angry watching that video. What the hell is wrong with these people?? Do they not have the common sense to see that they are actually endangering not only their own lives but everyone else on the road? Forget about traffic delays, the last thing needed are more winter driving fatalities.

This isn't a problem limited to Californians, but coming from a MT native it's the fucking cherry on top for these two.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Well, I stand corrected.

Views: 334
    Man. This rain sure does suck.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Seriously: how would they have a checkpoint in the middle of a three lane hwy and organize it so some vehicles get the go ahead and others are forced to exit and get off. If you’re a vehicle in the left lane queue and you get turned away, where the fuck are you going? All the way across the highway while other vehicles are going forward? Complete clusterfuck.
    I've posted this before, hate to be redundant. But one time, at band camp, when the tunnel was closed and or the road just backed up, where it's two lanes at the chainup station, a cop was standing in the middle of the road inbetween lines of traffic. He let each car roll up and stop, then get started again. If you didn't get started again, he pointed you into the chainup lane. Not sure what would happen at that point. Not sure if he was just getting his jollies for a day or if it was a procedure the department was pondering.

Yes it would be counter productive to stop traffic rolling at 50. But if it's at the dead stop point where people are getting out and stretching why not. From there maybe increase it some. How does California do it?

Never ends!

Man. This rain sure does suck.
Views: 321

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Never ends!
    Why should we expect new discussion on an I-70 bitch thread? Has I-70 changed?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Do they not have the common sense to see that they are actually endangering not only their own lives but everyone else on the road? .
    Is that a rhetorical question or do you expect an answer? Because they obviously don't.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Why should we expect new discussion on an I-70 bitch thread? Has I-70 changed?
    More potholes and shitboxes on bald tires. Less snow.
    The rest is business as usual.

They should just put a roof over I70. No more icy roads!

How else would you suggest they enforce it? Checkpoints would be a clusterfuck.

Tires rotated. Oil changed. Time to live out of the van for a few days and chase some snow up US40.
    I don't have a suggestion, I was just stating the vibe I got from reading the article. I agree it would be a complete cluster fuck and it wouldn't make sense to just stop people on the highway.

Maybe some of those fancy transmitters they use inside tires to report pressure? Somehow have them transmit whether you have a snow tires installed?

TECHNOLOGY! What can't it do?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Never ends!
    I think articles on the news about tread are somewhat new. Cdot talking about chains and tread on their message boards. You can't say that's a step in the wrong direction. And so then what's the CA checkpoint answer since I guess I missed it a few times.

In CA they have everyone drive past CHP officers. If you don't meet the requirements they have you pull over to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I think articles on the news about tread are somewhat new. Cdot talking about chains and tread on their message boards. You can't say that's a step in the wrong direction. And so then what's the CA checkpoint answer since I guess I missed it a few times.
    I agree CDOT is doing more work than previous with traction law signage. Plus they are dropping an oceans worth of magnesium chloride this winter.

Doesn't stop the real problem....asshole truckers. Keeping them off i70 on the weekend would be a huge benefit to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I agree CDOT is doing more work than previous with traction law signage. Plus they are dropping an oceans worth of magnesium chloride this winter.

Doesn't stop the real problem....asshole truckers. Keeping them off i70 on the weekend would be a huge benefit to us all.
    Until all the gas stations ran out of gas on Sunday morning...

Until all the gas stations ran out of gas on Sunday morning...
    Too fucking bad. Fill up gas stations on Fridays. See how easy that was?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Too fucking bad. Fill up gas stations on Fridays. See how easy that was?
    Your name says a lot.

Your name says a lot.
    Plus the gas trucks are the minority. Most truckers are trying to get through the state. Charge them $1000 a pop to drive i70 over the weekend.

Go drive i80 in the winter to see where the majority of truckers drive. They outnumber cars.

No politician will touch this issue because the trucking industry owns their ass.