Page 188 of 465 FirstFirst ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    See that house.gov link? He's a federal congressman. He makes policy decisions at the national level. He isn't in the state house. He can't do anything about CDOT nor TABOR
    uh, hey bud, see where you said he wasn't a congressman, he is. That's all I'm pointing out to you. He also has a lot of influence on federal funding which directly affects CDOT budgets.

Congressman/woman = House of Representatives. CONGRESS.

He's not a "state congressman". He's a United States congressman that represents the state of Colorado. There's a bigly difference. Huge. Tremendous.

Here's a refresher, if you want to do some research: http://leg.colorado.gov/

OK, moving on. Paris Hilton got engaged in Aspen!

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I suspect a gas tax increase would've gone over better than a general sales tax.
    That’s not how they polled
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    uh, hey bud, see where you said he wasn't a congressman, he is. That's all I'm pointing out to you. He also has a lot of influence on federal funding which directly affects CDOT budgets.

Congressman/woman = House of Representatives. CONGRESS.
    You're missing the part where I said he wasn't a state congressman.

This whole thing got derailed by goldenwhateverhisnameis.

The convo went like this (paraphrasing here)-

Collective mags including myself- "We need to raise taxes/repeal TABOR in order to fund infrastructure in Colorado"

Goldenduche- "TABOR is there to protect the people from tyrannical tax levying boogymen"

Danno- "TABOR is failing Colorado because it requires direct democracy. Direct democracy doesn't work because your average voter is uninformed/ignorant/unmotivated. That's why we had representative government to begin with."

goldenduche- "Yeah, I agree with Danno! Those big money dick sucking congressmen just want to take money from everyone. Being a politician was never supposed to be a career!" (No idea wtf he thought he was agreeing with)

Me- "WTF are you talking about? State congressman in CO make $30k per year."

Goldenduche- "I was talking about us congressman."

HBM- "Perlmutter is a millionaire career politician"

Me- "but he's not a state congressman and has nothing to do with TABOR or road maintenance in CO"

The whole point of the conversation is that TABOR fucked Colorado because we now have to vote on every tax renewal and every new tax AND a proposition passed last year that made getting measures on the ballot exceedingly hard.

Sure, Perlmutter is a rich US congressman. Sure, lobbying is legal bribery above and politicians are bought and paid for by corporate interests. Yes to all of the above and we should do things to fix it, particularly on the national level

That said, we have a massive failure of governance at the state level because of TABOR. We should have politicians anticipating the needs of a quickly growing state and making policy decisions to plan for that growth by funding infrastructure projects and maintenance, not to mention education, healthcare, etc. Instead, we are hamstrung by needing every little thing to be a ballot measure and now it's super hard to get a measure on the ballot to begin with.

So, in conclusion Perlmutter has absolutely nothing to do with this and goldenduche is too busy trying to regurgitate libertarian talking points that he doesn't understand to see where the conversation diverged from him days ago.

Cool recap, bro.
    Can we focus on Paris' rad ski pants?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Someone should run just on fixing infrastructure and traffic. They’d win in a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Someone should run just on fixing infrastructure and traffic. They’d win in a landslide.
    thats my plan, but I'll never get elected cause people don't want to hear the truth and I'll tell the truth, people enjoy being lied to when it comes to politics

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Cool recap, bro.
    Can we focus on Paris' rad ski pants?
    not sure about those sun glasses, her boyfriend looks like a dweeb, doubt he can ski anything more than a blue, obviously she doesn't hang out in breck, so her chances of meeting a real man like me are slim to none I guess

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    That’s not how they polled
    I don't believe the poll results.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    OK, moving on. Paris Hilton got engaged in Aspen!

What self-absorbed attention seeking narcissistic cunt has her picture taken as her dweeb pops the question?

Oh, yeah...Paris

What self-absorbed attention seeking narcissistic cunt has her picture taken as her dweeb pops the question?

Oh, yeah...Paris
    it's the new thing, everyone is doing it, seriously, my cousins wedding invitation had a picture of him proposing to her on the front

maybe you should get with the times facbook instagram titter

no "skis in jeans jokes"? This place is slipping...

sounds like the griswolds rv caught fire in the tunnel on their way home from breck after their christmas vacation

does that count as a weather closure, accident closure, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    sounds like the griswolds rv caught fire in the tunnel on their way home from breck after their christmas vacation

does that count as a weather closure, accident closure, or something else?
    That one goes in the category of fucking up traffic with recreational amenities, like leaving your boat on the shoulder.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Looks like 2 hrs to go from Golden to the tunnel - 40 miles.
    Low end powder day frenzy!!

Looks like 2 hrs to go from Golden to the tunnel - 40 miles.
    Low end powder day frenzy!!
    Made it from my house in Golden to Vail in 2 hours. Was a shitshow, but not terrible. 10% more traffic and the road wouldn't be functional

Made it from my house in Golden to Vail in 2 hours. Was a shitshow, but not terrible. 10% more traffic and the road wouldn't be functional
    Let's see that lift line photo!

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Let's see that lift line photo!
    No can do. I know way better than to start the day at the Vista Bahn or Lionshead

2 hours to get to Vail from Golden, 3 hours to drive Vail to Golden via Fairplay.

Not to mention a never ending voice in my head telling me to find a way out of the front range

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

2 hours to get to Vail from Golden, 3 hours to drive Vail to Golden via Fairplay.

Not to mention a never ending voice in my head telling me to find a way out of the front range

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app
    I just rolled back into Denver after a long trip to Jackson. The instant I crossed the WY/CO border, traffic was mayhem all the way to Denver. Holy shit this region is bursting at the seams. Totally depressing after such peace and quiet.

I got to winter park at 9:30 because of traffic and literally the mountain was full. Every single non pay parking spot was taken. I have never seen it that bad.

Big storm rolling in: 5 I70 closures tomorrow is my prediction.

Big storm rolling in: 5 I70 closures tomorrow is my prediction.
    Need more specifics.

I'm saying
    2 separate I-70 EB Closures Vail Pass.
    1 WB Closure, I-70 WB Copper
    2 separate I-70 EB Closures Silverthorne
    + More

Road warrior mobile gassed up.