Page 180 of 465 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 11608
    There is no snow, save the gas.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Judging by the complete lack of traffic this morning, my guess is that no one in Denver really cares to ski right now with the beautiful weather here in town. That said, the mountains are supposed to get an inch or two tonight, so it should be snowmagaeddon tomorrow morning.

In other words, who knows.
    Boulder was packed today. On the trails and in town. Nobody is thinking about skiing.

Yeah, nobody..... except a fucking million assholes who were actually here, clogging the lifts, roads, restaurants, etc... Nobody.

Oooh, Boulder was busy! Nobody skiing! Fucking trail runners,.... Center of the Universe!

Boulder is the happiest town in the country. Of course it's crowded.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    There is no snow, save the gas.
    This has nothing to do with skiing, just trying to get home. Sounds like traffic is unpredictable right now so I guess we’ll just leave whenever we wake up and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Boulder is the happiest town in the country. Of course it's crowded.
    Happiest town town in the country as long as you’re not a mountain biker.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Happiest town town in the country as long as you’re not a mountain biker.
    That's not what the article says!!!
    Looking for happiness? We know where to find it. It’s nestled in a valley in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, about 25 miles northwest of Denver. Boulder, Colorado, has consistently topped lists of the happiest (and healthiest) cities in America, for many reasons. Not least among them: breathtaking scenery, a pleasant climate, a charming downtown, and enough outdoor activities to keep even the most active person busy. There’s simply no excuse not to get out and play.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/t...colorado-2017/

Bike Happy

The wind in your hair, the passing scenery, the trails, friendly fellow bikers... there's no question that biking in Boulder is a feel-good proposition. In fact, Boulder is completely obsessed with biking.

Three to Try:
    •Cruiser: Boulder Creek Path — Running right through town for 5.5 miles, this shady, creek-side path is a delight.
    •Mountain Biking: Canyon Loop at Betasso Preserve — Meadows, cliffs, mountain views — this 3.3-miles loop has it all.
    •Playtime: Valmont Bike Park – Constructed specifically as cyclo-cross park — but with something for every kind and size of rider. There's even a toddler track.

When I have to go to our office on Boulder I can't wait to get the hell out of that place. To each their own.

One good thing about a horrendous start to the season: no traffic!

There is usually never traffic this early in the season no matter how good the snow is.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

I'd just like to complain and make a note

the snow may be shit but the powder day that happened yesterday and the start of the holliday season, well every body showed up to breck yesterday

traffic sucked balls, only used my horn three times yesterday driving around town, you always forget how many people try to cram into scummit for the holidays, I guess snow conditions don't really matter to most gapers as we head towards 100% occupancy, at least the powder snob front rangers will stay home one less group of d bags to contend with

I’m pretty sure the crowds up there have nothing to do with the holidays. Christmas is three weeks away.

Friday is the new Saturday at EPICtm resorts. And it was a huuuuuge powder day.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Friday is the new Saturday at EPICtm resorts. And it was a huuuuuge powder day.
    biggest poweder day of the season

and yes friday is the new saturday, even thursday afternoons are getting stupid, it's funny how quiet sundays are now

Thursday is the the new Friday too! Thursdays nights have been getting busier and busier at the bars at least.

Sundays are my Saturdays. It's a design for living.

M-F are my Saturdays. Actually, Everyday is a Saturday:
    https://youtu.be/7T6ZhUKsnRk

The only way to get fresh is to skin up at night.

Ha! I have the TV on in the background and they just said that I-70 is closed at Floyd Hill due to the sun.

That sun at horizon level there is brutal even with visors and sunglasses
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    That sun at horizon level there is brutal even with visors and sunglasses
    For sure. Still funny. At least I-70 should remain open on cloudy, but not snowy days.

Denver Post reporting that CSP and CDOT will be working to enforce new laws on required driving equipment on I70. Drivers will now be required to carry Blublockers in addition to snow chains, snow tires, and 4wd.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    At least I-70 should remain open on cloudy, but not snowy days.
    I loled
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

From CDOT:
    TRAVEL ALERT: BOTH directions of I-70 at Empire Junction (mile marker 232) are CLOSED due to a bridge hit. There is severe damage to the bridge and the guardrail in that area. All lanes will remain closed for investigations. It is unknown at this time when I-70 will open. Our engineers are on their way to see what repairs need to be made. East and westbound detours are in place using off- and on-ramps. Stay updated by checking CoTrip.org or by following CDOT's Twitter page (@coloradodot).

Let's go ahead and file this under "Why can't this kinda shit happen on a Pow Day?"

Uhhh how about we file this under "Shit this will fuck up I-70 for the season."

The language CDOT is using is not optimistic. "A bridge was hit at mile marker 232 (Empire) and police are conducting investigations which will result in a MAJOR closure. Detours are in place."

Their caps not mine: https://twitter.com/ColoradoDOT/stat...45698764075008

Here's an article from the Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/12...70-georgetown/

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    From CDOT:
    TRAVEL ALERT: BOTH directions of I-70 at Empire Junction (mile marker 232) are CLOSED due to a bridge hit. There is severe damage to the bridge and the guardrail in that area. All lanes will remain closed for investigations. It is unknown at this time when I-70 will open. Our engineers are on their way to see what repairs need to be made. East and westbound detours are in place using off- and on-ramps. Stay updated by checking CoTrip.org or by following CDOT's Twitter page (@coloradodot).

Let's go ahead and file this under "Why can't this kinda shit happen on a Pow Day?"

Who wants to take bets on how long a MAJOR closure will last? Here are live updating traffic cameras, East bound then West bound.
    http://i.cotrip.org/dimages/camera?i...-W.jpg&v=00536
    http://i.cotrip.org/dimages/camera?i...-E.jpg&v=00536

This is just a bridge.
    http://i.cotrip.org/dimages/camera?i...-N.jpg&v=00536
    Last edited by CLsurf; 12-12-2017 at 03:29 PM.

That's one way to force highway improvements!
    Think we can get a chunk of concrete to fall from the Eisenhower ceiling, like the Big Dig?