Page 180 of 181 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 4507
    @ColoradoDOT
    4 minutes ago
    CLOSED- #I70West @ Vail Pass Summit,MM 190,b/c slide-offs W of Summit
    "It need not be fun to be fun." - Big Steve

throughpolarizedeyes.com

It would be nice if they could post those updates on their actual website... it's impossible to find anything on CoTrip.

It was back open 20 minutes later. Best just to use gmaps for your traffic info, CDOT's gotten better at updating conditions but is still too unreliable to count on.

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Cautious: I'd be wary about taking tech advice from me.

It seems like CDOTs twitter account is the most up to date for official updated. You don't have to sign up for twitter. Just view it as a web page. google: "twitter @ColoradoDOT"

@ColoradoDOT
    2 minutes ago
    Closed- #I70West @ Eisenhower Tunnel b/c crash;Expect delays

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Came over LL Pass this morning and saw a semi stuck in a drift off the road, into the mountainside, just northeast of the top (was going EB). Then more unprepared cars stuck trying to go up the west side before the Basin and the top (chain law was in effect).

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    BREAKING NEWS:
    I-70 is a shitshow in the summer too.
    Problems all year round on that route

What's the current ski traffic situation? Is it the usual get past 470 by 6am (or whenever) program this early in the season? I'm heading back up from Denver tomorrow and trying to figure out when to leave.

Judging by the complete lack of traffic this morning, my guess is that no one in Denver really cares to ski right now with the beautiful weather here in town. That said, the mountains are supposed to get an inch or two tonight, so it should be snowmagaeddon tomorrow morning.

In other words, who knows.

Weekend ski traffic doesn't get bad -- outside of a random pow day or bad weather -- until January, IME. Especially when there isn't much terrain open.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

There is no snow, save the gas.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Judging by the complete lack of traffic this morning, my guess is that no one in Denver really cares to ski right now with the beautiful weather here in town. That said, the mountains are supposed to get an inch or two tonight, so it should be snowmagaeddon tomorrow morning.

In other words, who knows.
    Boulder was packed today. On the trails and in town. Nobody is thinking about skiing.

Yeah, nobody..... except a fucking million assholes who were actually here, clogging the lifts, roads, restaurants, etc... Nobody.

Oooh, Boulder was busy! Nobody skiing! Fucking trail runners,.... Center of the Universe!

Boulder is the happiest town in the country. Of course it's crowded.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    There is no snow, save the gas.
    This has nothing to do with skiing, just trying to get home. Sounds like traffic is unpredictable right now so I guess well just leave whenever we wake up and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Boulder is the happiest town in the country. Of course it's crowded.
    Happiest town town in the country as long as youre not a mountain biker.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Happiest town town in the country as long as you’re not a mountain biker.
    That's not what the article says!!!
    Looking for happiness? We know where to find it. It’s nestled in a valley in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, about 25 miles northwest of Denver. Boulder, Colorado, has consistently topped lists of the happiest (and healthiest) cities in America, for many reasons. Not least among them: breathtaking scenery, a pleasant climate, a charming downtown, and enough outdoor activities to keep even the most active person busy. There’s simply no excuse not to get out and play.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/t...colorado-2017/

Bike Happy

The wind in your hair, the passing scenery, the trails, friendly fellow bikers... there's no question that biking in Boulder is a feel-good proposition. In fact, Boulder is completely obsessed with biking.

Three to Try:
    •Cruiser: Boulder Creek Path — Running right through town for 5.5 miles, this shady, creek-side path is a delight.
    •Mountain Biking: Canyon Loop at Betasso Preserve — Meadows, cliffs, mountain views — this 3.3-miles loop has it all.
    •Playtime: Valmont Bike Park – Constructed specifically as cyclo-cross park — but with something for every kind and size of rider. There's even a toddler track.

When I have to go to our office on Boulder I can't wait to get the hell out of that place. To each their own.

One good thing about a horrendous start to the season: no traffic!

There is usually never traffic this early in the season no matter how good the snow is.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

I'd just like to complain and make a note

the snow may be shit but the powder day that happened yesterday and the start of the holliday season, well every body showed up to breck yesterday

traffic sucked balls, only used my horn three times yesterday driving around town, you always forget how many people try to cram into scummit for the holidays, I guess snow conditions don't really matter to most gapers as we head towards 100% occupancy, at least the powder snob front rangers will stay home one less group of d bags to contend with

Im pretty sure the crowds up there have nothing to do with the holidays. Christmas is three weeks away.

Friday is the new Saturday at EPICtm resorts. And it was a huuuuuge powder day.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Friday is the new Saturday at EPICtm resorts. And it was a huuuuuge powder day.
    biggest poweder day of the season

and yes friday is the new saturday, even thursday afternoons are getting stupid, it's funny how quiet sundays are now

Thursday is the the new Friday too! Thursdays nights have been getting busier and busier at the bars at least.

Sundays are my Saturdays. It's a design for living.