Page 178 of 465 FirstFirst ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Indy Pass, not long before it closed for the season. So Septemberish, maybe early October.
    I can see that. Better than caffeine to perk ya right up.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    In a perfect world maybe. More shuttles from DIA to Dillon and Vail. Then a fleet of rentals once they get here. All of those rentals have studded snows.

That one really bad day a few years ago they found that most of the accidents were caused by people with CO plates, with bald tires.
    I'm more looking at it as total volume reduction which is why I referred to Jerry wadding it up rather than "tourons."

No real need for a rental car once you're in the resort town.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

With the influx of new residents, how many can we expect to know that the plows don't take the road down to dry pavement?
    haha?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I run BFG KO2's on my 4Runner, and while they are 3PMSF rated, I still swap them out for Blizzaks in the winter. The BFG's don't brake or handle as well on hardpacked snow as the Blizzaks, plus the Blizzaks are 15 pounds per tire lighter, so I end up breaking even MPG wise, even with winter blend gas and colder temps.

The advantage is that I don't need to run my dedicated snow tires in the shoulder seasons when you do a lot of warm/dry road driving. I'll put the Blizzaks on around Thanksgiving and take them off in late March/Early April, instead of running them Halloween to Cinco De Mayo like I would if I ran a non 3PMSF tire in the summer.
    My situation exactly, plus being able to use LT C load rated ATs that are wider/taller for offroading while using narrow shorter passenger Blizzaks that still have good sidewall stiffness, slice through slush without that scary tire drag, and are efficient.

I think if I didn't have a spot to store extra tires, a $50 floor jack and a $50 impact wrench to change them myself whenever I want, I might go for a one tire quiver.

Do you do a 5 tire rotation on your T4R?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I don't do a 5 tire rotation on my 4Runner, since I run 275/70R17 KO2's, and 265/70R17 Blizzaks, I split the difference and have a 265/70R17 BFG KO2 as my spare. That way I at least have a reasonably capable winter/AT tire as a spare.

I figure if I got a flat in the summer I could air the spare up to max pressure and drop a few out of the other three and have basically the same diameter.

It has snowed early season, therefore Vail Pass is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    It has snowed, therefore Vail Pass is closed.
    FTFY

I was going to go that route, but figured there are those odd few days mid season where it it avoids closure.

Friday??????

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Hyperloop testing between Denver and Boulder!
    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/14...rack-colorado/

Hyperloop... 5000 to 10000 feet in minutes... will it be call the fart tube or the ear buster?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Potential intense bands of snow Friday afternoon...over/under for I70 closures: 4
    What say you?

I'd risk certain death and/or popped eardrums if I could get to the tunnel in 7 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I'd risk certain death and/or popped eardrums if I could get to the tunnel in 7 minutes.
    Sorry, tunnel is closed, you have to sit in your pod for two hours.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Potential intense bands of snow Friday afternoon...over/under for I70 closures: 4
    What say you?
    If each direction of Vail Pass counts as a separate closure, I'm going with over.

If not...still over.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

I have tix to Joe Rogan tomorrow night and can't leave until prime snow time probably. I am thinking I might be screwed. Anybody interested in 2 tix face value?

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    If each direction of Vail Pass counts as a separate closure, I'm going with over.

If not...still over.
    Each direction: VP, tunnel, Floyd Hill, etc.

Ha, me too!

1: I-70 WB Closed at Avon due to a rollover crash.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

^^^ definitely not due to the snow though, the roads are barely wet in Avon/Edwards.

It was 34 on Vail Pass a little bit ago when I drove through... crazy.

Loveland Pass closed for vehicle recovery

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Loveland Pass closed for vehicle recovery
    I was sitting at the bottom u turn hitching a ride once and saw an Explorer full of frat boys jump off into the ravine. Hilarious. They spent the rest of the day with 2 tow trucks trying to winch it out while we were lapping the pass in pow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I predict a closure within 1 hour. Specifically, Vail Pass. More specifically, WB.

Over under on total closure, 65%. I'll take the full closure before 8:30 p.m.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Well I thought the mountain folks would at least beat out the front rangers.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Easy money bet there. Wind is really picking up right now. Starting to really howl. Those 45-55mph they were forecasting might come to pass.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Big temp drop in Breck but not really dumping yet.

Edit:20 minutes later and it's nuking
    Last edited by ffmedic84; 11-17-2017 at 06:41 PM.