Page 172 of 465 FirstFirst ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Maybe if you count parking and TSA
    And getting from actually-Denver out to the airport.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

If this, the Amazon thing, and Olympics all happen in the next decade. CO is gonna get weird real quick.

Hyperloop...

How many people can that hyperloop move per hour including loading and unloading? Can it actually provide meaningful capacity and operate anywhere near its theoretical speed over short haul distances with curves like the 60mi from golden/silverthorne?

If it can only move 30 people plus luggage per capsule? The pictures of the Musk's mockups have room for 30-40 people, but with luggage lets say 30.

A trip require loading the capsule, belting everyone in, moving up to the airlock, entering through airlock, acceleration, travel, deceleration, exit airlock, move to unloading platform, and unloading.

Even if you could just pump things down the track I'd bet you cant pass more than 10 through an exit point per hour... 300 pax per hour. That's like what... 100-150 cars? And that is assuming it can operate multiple capsules in the tube at once and using the tube unidirectional for max capacity ((Eisenhower can move 1125 vehciles per hr each way). Yes, it is fast, but the capacity is small. Expect the tickets to cost infinity dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Stop being such a negative nelly. Six flags has the know how to operate this amusement ride to max efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post

It takes three hours to fly between Denver and CO springs? Really? By way of Chicago?
    try it some time. Start the clock when you leave the house, end it when you reach your arbitrary destination in the springs.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    try it some time. Start the clock when you leave the house, end it when you reach your arbitrary destination in the springs.
    This is fucking TGR. These fuckers can get from Denver to Durango in five hours (that's what the claim was once, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    This is fucking TGR. These fuckers can get from Denver to Durango in five hours (that's what the claim was once, right?).
    Yeah I can totally do my house in Denver to COS in 25min, doing 120 with my middle finger out the window.

Just watch out for the Renaissance Festival traffic around Larkspur, it'll get you every time.

Would the hyperloop stop at each ski resort?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Would the hyperloop stop at each ski resort?
    No, only to breck and then you take the gondola to copper/vail/bc.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I've done Durango to Lafayette in 5:45 when I was 19 and fucking stupid. Don't think I went under 100 between South Fork and Villa Grove.

My middle finger was out the window passing all the people doing 55.

good times.

We need to document these driving PRs much better.
    Denver-> Durango in 5 hours is funny. Same with Shredhead's 2:45 from Pena Blvd -> Aspen
    I'm waiting for someone to claim ~3 hours to CB and ~2 hours to Steamboat

I did 2:15 on a Saturday morning from Wads & 470 to Steamboat this past winter. Left the house @ 5am.
    Best I've done to CB was 3:45 in Sept. Could've been faster, but the wife kept complaining I was going too fast.

Driving two lane mountain roads is getting tougher and tougher. One slow jackass and you are now stuck 20 cars back and even trying to pass isn't worth it. Just sit there and take it. Drove DILLON to Steamboat in 1hr 15 mins today.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Driving two lane mountain roads is getting tougher and tougher. One slow jackass and you are now stuck 20 cars back and even trying to pass isn't worth it. Just sit there and take it. Drove DILLON to Steamboat in 1hr 15 mins today.
    Try driving CO Blvd in Denver these days. It feels like 1hr 15 mins to go 3 miles 🤦

STOP FUCKING MOVING HERE PEOPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I did 2:15 on a Saturday morning from Wads & 470 to Steamboat this past winter. Left the house @ 5am.
    Best I've done to CB was 3:45 in Sept. Could've been faster, but the wife kept complaining I was going too fast.
    Nice work. I've maxed out at 2:37 from Sheridan & 72nd, stuck at 3:55 for CB.
    Way too many deer & elk on 9 or 50 during the winter for me to push it past that.

I don't see the point in PRs to these places, but then I never really drive more than 10 over.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

He , I know my best times to all the usual haunts, but that's in absolute perfect conditions. Never expect those in winter unless I leave at dark thirty with no snow coming down

I don't try any more but I've done Some stupid fast times pre kids... rivaling Shred.. but that's a fast time
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Sailed thru Glenwood east bound on 82, at 2pm. Westbound was backed up to Walmart.
    18Hrs from Chi pulling 7000lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    "The 64-year old trucker from California, whose name has not been released, drove his 2011 Freightliner off the left side of the westbound lanes, through the median, through a construction zone, through the eastbound lanes, over an embankment and into Gore Creek, where it caught fire"

Damn! It kept getting crazier and crazier

I70 has had a follow-up back-up today so they could close the highway to fish the truck carcass out.

I know a few people who saw it and said it looked gnarly. Truck burnt up in the ravine after being detached from the trailer. Hudge trees snapped in half. RIP Helluva way to go out.

Changing topic - did anyone see the DeLorean on eastbound 70 around Vail Pass on Friday? Exact replica of the Back to the Future car, complete with Mr. Fusion on the back hatch. Awesome.