Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

How wolves changed rivers....

That's really cool. Thanks for posting.

Cool

Quintooopled!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

My border collie just broke out into howls at the sound of those wolves. Which is funny because sometimes I threaten to send him off to live in the park.

Very cool vid.
    I still call it The Jake.

Good watch! I do kind of wish they had put in some "before & after" footage of specific areas though. I wonder if any old footage of areas just before the wolf reintroduction exists that could be re-shot from the same angles/locations today to highlight the changes.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

very cool...
    I remember going to a lecture about holistic management of wildlife and livestock by this dude out of Africa... similar results by managing the livestock how wildlife moves.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

They should have a companion piece/counter piece titled, "How Ranchers Change Rivers."

Quinchivaled?

That's about the coolest thing I've seen in a long time

the Wolves were taken from Canada showing that Canadian influence in the US is a good thing
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

The clueless Canadian transplant opting for wolf extermination should be along to negate any positive influence.

Wolves are kewlr than even that.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using TGR Forums
    watch out for snakes

That was very cool. I am such a sap for the top tier predators. Hopefully the Idaho, Wy, Mt, Ranchers Association can withhold their negative stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I found it to be full of hyperbole, but I have been out of wildlife management loop for a very long time. I would be curious to hear from wildlife research mags how accurate this is.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I found it to be full of hyperbole, but I have been out of wildlife management loop for a very long time. I would be curious to hear from wildlife research mags how accurate this is.
    Waaaah. Even if it's only a slight change it was still for the better - at the very least it shows that reintroducing wolves to their native habitat isn't negative.

The guy is kinda kooky tho:

In January 2010, Monbiot founded the ArrestBlair.org website which offers a reward to people attempting a peaceful citizen’s arrest of former British prime minister Tony Blair for alleged crimes against peace.

Didn't bother clicking. I assume it is the video a squaw I used to work with posted on facebook a couple weeks ago, where some clueless brit keeps calling elk deer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Yeah, there is that... but in the UK Elk are what we call Moose:

The moose (North America) or Eurasian elk (Europe) (Alces alces) is the largest extant species in the deer family.
    In other words to the rest of the world our "Elk" are called "Deer."

THAT'S THE DUMBEST VIDEO I'VE SEEN IN A WHILE, AND OF COURSE YOU RETARDS EAT THAT SHIT UP.

DEER ARE THE PROBLEM! NOT WOLVES!! LOL
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

so if my dog takes a shit in a river, can I say my dog changed the river ...

interesting vid, but some real facts are lacking ...

I hope its true anyway ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

^ JS...Your troll skills are really on the decline. Maybe see someone?

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    ^ JS...Your troll skills are really on the decline. Maybe see someone?
    I'M FORTIFYING THE RIVERS OF TGR, COCKBAIT.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    The clueless Canadian transplant opting for wolf extermination should be along to negate any positive influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Didn't bother clicking. I assume it is the video a squaw I used to work with posted on facebook a couple weeks ago, where some clueless brit keeps calling elk deer?
    Right on cue.

The narrator may be something of a kook, but the science supports what he's saying.

Hutash, here you go:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/18/sc...wolf.html?_r=0
    http://www.hcn.org/wotr/wolves-and-g...c-relationship
    http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~jcallen...20dynamics.pdf
    http://www.cof.orst.edu/leopold/pape...BioConserv.pdf

But please, trolls, tell us more about how you know better than peer-reviewed studies from wildlife biologists...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Right on cue.

The narrator may be something of a kook, but the science supports what he's saying.

Hutash, here you go:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/18/sc...wolf.html?_r=0
    http://www.hcn.org/wotr/wolves-and-g...c-relationship
    http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~jcallen...20dynamics.pdf
    http://www.cof.orst.edu/leopold/pape...BioConserv.pdf

But please, trolls, tell us more about how you know better than peer-reviewed studies from wildlife biologists...
    YOUR FIRST LINK IS TALKING ABOUT ELK. THE VIDEO NEVER MENTIONS ELK, ONLY DEER.

THE VIDEO IS RETARDED, AND I SUSPECT YOU ARE TOO.

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    YOUR FIRST LINK IS TALKING ABOUT ELK. THE VIDEO NEVER MENTIONS ELK, ONLY DEER.

THE VIDEO IS RETARDED, AND I SUSPECT YOU ARE TOO.
    The narrator says "deer" but he meant elk, moron. That's why I called the guy a kook. And that's why all the herbivorous ungulates in the video were elk. Way to try to salvage your troll on a technicality that was obvious to everybody else.

You've gotten boring. I'm not the only one who thinks that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quinchivald! At 1:56 he says "in some areas the height of the trees QUINCHIVALD in just six years" WTF is "quinchivald"? It sounds like the Lorax talking about truffula trees.

I've tried spelling it several different ways but nothing comes up on the Google.
    Last edited by KQ; 03-07-2014 at 12:48 AM.

quin·tu·ple
    verb
    past tense: quintupled; past participle: quintupled
    increase or cause to increase fivefold.