Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Yeah. I get it. Sounds like you tore something to me with the 180 spin to abrupt stop. But I only play doctor when I’ve had a few too many drinks.
    It didn't feel like a twisting/wrenching injury at all. I remember being totally surprised that I somehow did a clean 180 without clipping tips/tails on anything else on the way around--this was a pretty narrow traverse track through avy chunder--and then falling straight backward, very fast, and my lower leg feeling real bad. I had a similar experience a few years ago trying to land switch in wind-packed pow on skis that didn't have any tail rocker and augured straight into the snow, but that only lasted a day or so.

I just tried some light foam rolling and massage and it feels like a deep bruise in my soleus/lower calf muscle. Also tried on a ski boot and it's pretty much fine flexing forward, really not fine in the backseat. Maybe Tuesday will be a good night for mono-mark practice, skiing in walk mode, and watching the races.

And, I emailed my healthcare people. Doubt anything will happen soon on that front but we'll see.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

I gona recommmend the same thing as yesturday ... Goggle one of the appliance repair web sites
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It’s pretty easy to fracture your fibula.....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

just popping in to say yer gunna dye
    swing your fucking sword.

Have you seen the Alex Smith ESPN E60 doc?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I did fracture a fib, it was a hairline crack that did not show on the x-ray but something else was fucked up on the ankle so they socked in a few screws and I was non weight bearing for 6 weeks

but 6 weeks later on the next xray the pro could then see a line of calcification where the fib had cracked and repaired itself

so my point would be they had done nothing and a cracked Fib fixed itself

Pain in outside of lower leg - repost from wrong forum.

I fractured my fib and then clicked back in to my board and got to the parking lot and then walked to first aid. They said it was a muscle contusion. Three days later doc said the same thing. Kept hurting when putting pressure on it so four weeks later demanded x-rays (not sure why no one offered along the way). Broken fib.

They can be deceiving. You can still ride and walk with one.

They don’t really do anything for the fib unless it needs to be set. Just time off the leg.

Didn't read the thread to see if anyone already mentioned this, but is it in the muscle, and does it get worse with stretching? Then it is called exertional compartment syndrome. Larger daily doeses of vitamin d fixed mine, but do somet googling, a minor surgery to break up the fascia is often the only remedy, but yea, vitamin d and making some changes to my exercise regimen helped me avoid that.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Well tele skiing last night was (relatively) painless, except flexing the boot backwards to get it in ski mode, which hurt a lot. It doesn't seem to be worse today, which is nice. Going to rest it another week and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I fractured my fib and then clicked back in to my board and got to the parking lot and then walked to first aid. They said it was a muscle contusion. Three days later doc said the same thing. Kept hurting when putting pressure on it so four weeks later demanded x-rays (not sure why no one offered along the way). Broken fib.

They can be deceiving. You can still ride and walk with one.

They don’t really do anything for the fib unless it needs to be set. Just time off the leg.
    Still kind of worried about this though.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Didn't read the thread to see if anyone already mentioned this, but is it in the muscle, and does it get worse with stretching? Then it is called exertional compartment syndrome. Larger daily doeses of vitamin d fixed mine, but do somet googling, a minor surgery to break up the fascia is often the only remedy, but yea, vitamin d and making some changes to my exercise regimen helped me avoid that.
    Doesn't really sound like this. Pain doesn't get worse with stretching, and there's no swelling.
    Last edited by Toddball; 02-03-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

I was actualy recreating with a real radiologist when i facked mine so buddy pokes the side of the leg with index finger so does it hurt here, how bout here, here ? owch ya fuck !

lateral malleolus sez the radiologist bro but he couldn't see it on the xray