Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB Volant Spatula

Just like the title says I'd like to buy a pair of spatulas w/ or w/o bindings. Let me know what you got.

New season new bump.

Good luck!

Check out my volant mounting thread if you end up drilling them, getting through the metal top sheets can be a bitch..

Always wanted a pair of these. Kicked myself especially hard a few years ago when someone found a guy in San Diego or LA that had 3 pairs in wrappers for, I think $250 each on CL. I think I was 4th in line. Good luck, man.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

How bad do you want a pair? Make me an offer on --

A well-used pair, drilled once for Salomon around 315 BSL (IIRC I'm on the line, or near it, with my 317BSL), and currently mounted with some lower-DIN Salomon -- 850s? 900s? Can't remember. Lots and lots of base gouges, scrapes, etc., but they're not bent or delaminating. They're my pow rock skis.

Also have a single spare Spatula, also drilled once for Salomon, but can't remember what BSL. This one is in nice shape. If you can find another single...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I'd like next dibs here, pending negotiations.

I pulled out a good 12" of the topsheet on one of my spats yesterday. There was a bunch of snow jammed in there so I'm letting them dry out and will then get a look at the situation.

Would you take $125+shipping for the single? $200+shipping for the pair (no bindings)?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    I'd like next dibs here, pending negotiations.

I pulled out a good 12" of the topsheet on one of my spats yesterday. There was a bunch of snow jammed in there so I'm letting them dry out and will then get a look at the situation.

Would you take $125+shipping for the single? $200+shipping for the pair (no bindings)?
    Noparking never got back to me...

Let me pull out the single from storage and see what it's drilled for - will do that over the Christmas weekend, and PM you. It's in much better shape than the mounted pair I have.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    $150 bid for the single
    summitted
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419353636.845719.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	791.7 KB 
ID:	161801

Don't buy a pair, it's habit forming!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

SheRa has dibs (over dibs, heh) --

I took a quick look this morning before leaving for work. The single Spat is drilled once, for 315 BSL Salomon, in the 916/STH/900/etc. pattern, with a 5th heel hole. Base has old storage wax on it, which I need to scrape for pics to show anything useful. Edges look pretty good, with one exception -- there's a small dent/compression on one side, with a small gap above it on the sidewall. You can see it easily, but can't really feel it by touch. It'd probably be a good idea to fill in that gap with some epoxy.

I don't think I paid anywhere near $125 or 150 for that single, but I can't remember what it was. I think it was more like $75, so that's what I'll ask for it -- if whoever wants the ski wants to pay more, how about donating it to the Gnarwhale fundraiser?
    http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...im-home/269288

I'll scrape the old wax & post pics over the next couple days.

I've gotta brand new pair, still in the plastic, never been drilled, not really looking to sell but would consider a ridiculously lucrative offer, if someone's life won't be complete without 'em.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I have a of Countdown V's (skinny-Spats) that are a ton of fun. I mean it's not spats but they are a fun option for you, if you're interested.

Here's the listing...

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=283012
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I have a of Countdown V's (skinny-Spats) that are a ton of fun. I mean it's not spats but they are a fun option for you, if you're interested.

Here's the listing...

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=283012
    That's really interesting. http://www.downskis.com/2011/ski-spe...ns/countdown-v
    I like how they say skis have been made like this for 5000 years. I've taken my spats into the ski school locker room and literally had somebody say "that's not a ski", which I filed under "Pompous Ass" - a fat folder of psia related nonsense.

So the skinnier width is used for heavier PNW snow? I could see how that would be good. Not what I need though, looking for the float. Thanks for posting it up but I'm excited to snag that single spat.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i'm at $125 + another $50 for the gnarwhales medical funds
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

SheRa - got the PM, single is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    I've gotta brand new pair, still in the plastic, never been drilled, not really looking to sell but would consider a ridiculously lucrative offer, if someone's life won't be complete without 'em.
    That's gotta be one of the only ones in plastic remaining anywhere. How ridiculously lucrative are we talking here? PM me if you want to negotiate...

Just out of interest how do these bad boys ski compared to praxis pow boards?

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    That's gotta be one of the only ones in plastic remaining anywhere. How ridiculously lucrative are we talking here? PM me if you want to negotiate...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419568508.144339.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	791.7 KB 
ID:	161899
    You see that guy without a binding? 😍‼️

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    SheRa - got the PM, single is yours.
    Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Just out of interest how do these bad boys ski compared to praxis pow boards?
    I started a thread in tech talk: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...olant-Spatulas
    Henry David Thoreau

Bump it up for 16/17! Anyone got a pair that they'd sell?
    stay outta my line

I do..... They are stored at my parents house about 500miles away. So it would be a month or two before I could grab them.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Could work out! Pm me details!
    stay outta my line

I have pair and bought them at the Tahoe Sports Hub in Truckee, CA on consignment. I am pretty sure they have another pair or two. Call them and ask. Owner of the skis might be willing to ship...
    "Buy the ticket, take the ride." ~ Hunter S. Thompson

I have always wanted a pair of these. I would even take a single but would rather have them skiable. I check eBay every now and again which is probably the last place to buy a set at a reasonable price.... Came across these today

At least shipping is free
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Had three pairs. Sold them all the spring before Shane went to Italy. Averaged $225 pair.