Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    A little fishing stoke from this fall....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0709.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	336.3 KB 
ID:	160300  

The 2014 random maggots fishin stoke

low slow n cold on the Hump today, but the sun was out and the office was not missed.

[IMG]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1416026858.068725.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	160329[/IMG]

Nice day on the Provo

Name:	1416356491101.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	160567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1416356543182.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	160568  

Recent fogging morning in Jamaica Bay.

Name:	JBay_HL2_Big-Part1.MOV - 00003.jpg 
Views:	637 
Size:	333.2 KB 
ID:	160605  
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

Sweet photo! What's on the end of the line? I could picture SUP fishing in the tropics but that looks a little chilly for my bones.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Sweet photo! What's on the end of the line?

Name:	JBay_HL2_Big-Part2.MOV - 00002.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	160645  

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    hell yeahs sup em up danger wankin style
    13 pages of goodness and a month 2 go strong work fishfuks
    threw the sup in one last time but weren't many rubberlipped poopfish targets to throw to but a sweet change of seasons sunset brought the cheer

a few randoms

stoked them enablers called and fed the tug drug addiction after i thought i was done for the year

yous to enjoy your salty jones feedin and hope it leads to stoke tell them salt licks i said high bummed i missed em this summer and remind em what the tshirt says
    oh and happy birthday tomorrow old man, from an even older one
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Nice Work SFB! Good to see you and telee out sharing the pursuit. And kill em down south Telee, can't wait to see the pics again!

Salmon are on in the Champlain flats, swinging a white bugger in any current has been catching fish.

Pretty similar conditions down here today. More than psyched to have gotten into some baracuda to start the trip out.

Name:	1417304006928.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	160917  

Dfinn, heard a big cold front came threw from one of my rep's who's on Key Weird right now. Hopefully things tick up, and those Cuda can be damn hard to get to eat down there!

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Dfinn, heard a big cold front came threw from one of my rep's who's on Key Weird right now. Hopefully things tick up, and those Cuda can be damn hard to get to eat down there!
    I am hearing the same thing from my Key West buddies. I am also hoping for some turned on fishing since I will be there Friday. Dfinn let's compare notes when we both get back. Nice work on the cudas that is a hell of a good start!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I've come to the beach in late November for years and watched the acres of bait work far offshore waiting to see if they would come close, but not this year.

With the light going down and wind picking up, this is the last place you want to catch an edge.

The jetty was supposed to block the waves for landing, but, well, it didn't.

Name:	Rockaways_LandingGreat_P3.MTS - 00001.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	424.1 KB 
ID:	160963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rockaways_LandGreat3.MTS - 00000.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	452.2 KB 
ID:	160965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rockaways_LandingGreat_P2.MTS - 00002.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	492.9 KB 
ID:	160966  

Fuck yea^

What beach/area were you fishing off? I was down in LBI for Thanksgiving but nothing really came together down there.

recipe for the bead chain eye sttonefly nymph plz, or a better picture of it?

I don't have a recipe, and the only one I had is in the river now. I got it in a fly swap.

I did find this:

Tails, antennae, and legs are black biots. The wing case extends all the way down the back, might have been swiss straw. Dubbed body. Ribbing was v-rib or something similar.

really good lookin fly

The thing I've noticed about those highly detailed stonefly nymphs is that they don't sink as fast as a simple streamlined pattern with lead or tungsten wraps. A slow sinking fly is an advantage if you are getting long drifts from a moving boat but it's also a total disadvantage if you are casting from a stationary position into the swift waters that stoneflies thrive in or prospecting in a piece of green water. I love stoneflies. Every season I catch over half my fish using #6 golden stonefly nymphs plus I used to work in a flyshop...so I've tried just about style of stonefly nymph around. The key, imho, isn't so much how a stonefly nymph looks as that it get down into the strike zone and give you the longest presentation possible. I use the Kaufmann's stonefly or rubberlegs turd because they sink fast and are very durable flies, good for 40-50 fish before they fall apart. I used to have a fishing buddy who tied the most insanely realistic stonefly patterns, both dry and nymph. But I could always get the same or better results with my fugly "off-the-shelf" patterns because the nymphs sank faster and the dries skated better than his perfect simulacrum.

Weather has been less than ideal for sure. Went out with the guide today and it was slow to say the least. Overcast meant tough spotting fish, saw some reds and snook but they saw us first. No tarpon and the cold temps sent the bones packing already. Got a bunch of hard fighting jacks but not quite what I was hoping for. Whatever, the beer is cold and the weather is nice (compared to slc).

Damn. That's too bad. It's always a gamble, though, when you only get one day on the pointy end. Took me 9 days on the bow to even hook a (big) tarpon, and there are plenty of other dudes who took way longer or are still waiting. And I've had plenty of days of shit weather, too.

Either way, Tim is a good guy to know and I'm sure you still had fun.

Had a great time and learned a lot, no complaints here. Would go again tomorrow if the budget allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    I don't have a recipe, and the only one I had is in the river now. I got it in a fly swap.

I did find this:

Tails, antennae, and legs are black biots. The wing case extends all the way down the back, might have been swiss straw. Dubbed body. Ribbing was v-rib or something similar.
    damn that's dirty. I mean hooks with string and yarn, crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Fuck yea^

What beach/area were you fishing off? I was down in LBI for Thanksgiving but nothing really came together down there.
    Off the Rockaways. Left from Beach 109th, drifted down to the mid-50's and had a fun walk back.

lacking motivation to ski today, was in fishing mode after a week of this down south

couldn't talk anyone into freezing their ass off so I packed up the dog and the 2 hander and headed to the pig farm

thanks mr kokanee, you and all your dead friends are really keeping the fishing going strong

shoulders! took me into the backing several times

too good, had to go back

it's a jungle out there