Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 359
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    7,532
    I was in Maine for a reunion, and had Sat. morning free. Caught 29 schoolies:

    Foul-hooked a sturgeon:

    Wild looking dinosaur:
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,212
    Maybe the most stoke/post of any thread on TGR! Goddam I dig the maggot fish in stoke!

    Sent from my MB886 using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    2,035
    Hit up a little lake I'd never been to this past weekend. Lots of these little guys, brighter colors than I've ever seen (pics don't do 'em justice). Pickier than the usual high lake trout, that's for sure.





    Got home and had a package waiting for me. UV light and resin. First attempt at a UV fly for sea runs. Couple of stray threads at my attempt at making gills but I think the dog'll hunt

    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,068




















    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The bottom of LCC
    Posts
    5,200
    did some 4 wheeling to a beautiful, somewhat remote, high elevation lake today. never really fished still water before but had a pretty damn good time. all little guys but great color, caught rainbows, bookies and goldens. they were happy to eat streamers too, my kind of fish.


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,212
    Up before the wind



    The weekend continues



    Fruit of the berry



    Bobgobbler



    Sent from my MB886 using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,102













  8. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tetons
    Posts
    5,951
    Good work. Those things put a hell of a bend in the rod.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    4,333
    ^They call them the poor man's bonefish around here… erm, well that's what I call them. They sure do put up one hell of a fight. Got 30lbers cruising around in the reservoir near me.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,068
























    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tetons
    Posts
    5,951
    Sorry I missed you Dibs! How'd the lake fish?

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,068
    never put in
    38 and snowin or too blustery
    not to mention the need 4 another donation to bureaucracy for another boat floating sticker
    never saw a fish rise the whole time.
    vis pretty poor
    not much fishable in the jh hood
    talked the mrs. into headin back s and floatin below font again.
    i wanted to row the hoback but no one else did
    sorry didn't get text till yesterday the mrs. came in a bit hot on takeout and another phone and i went swimmin
    hope u enjoyed dads day
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The bottom of LCC
    Posts
    5,200
    how are things looking below fonty? still pretty high and murky?

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tetons
    Posts
    5,951
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    never put in
    38 and snowin or too blustery
    not to mention the need 4 another donation to bureaucracy for another boat floating sticker
    never saw a fish rise the whole time.
    vis pretty poor
    not much fishable in the jh hood
    talked the mrs. into headin back s and floatin below font again.
    i wanted to row the hoback but no one else did
    sorry didn't get text till yesterday the mrs. came in a bit hot on takeout and another phone and i went swimmin
    hope u enjoyed dads day
    Dad's day was fun. The Hoback is a blast! Haven't been down that way but it is prolly still chocolate milk. Might have cleared now weather chilly weather tho. Your boat is a bit big for that river in anything but high water. Great river for a 2 man raft.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,068
    hoback was totally blown but looked fun at that flow
    b low font
    floated fri damn 2 dodge bottom 9ish launch
    dropped er a k to 7k cfs
    foamlines at the dam you could float a sofapillow w/ fat albert and a 1/4 oz conehead meat whistle on
    wouldn't say murky tea colored and fishable
    only got one nice brown fri but a few oh my god follows and eats i couldn't connect on
    sat night was a wyo windfuckfest till the sun set
    got a couple dinks to eat the plentiful caddis at slate that eve
    hit the water at o sun up thirty sun and plenty of fish willing to eat the big junk
    scored a nice cutty few browns n a couple sweet bows
    bit tough rollin drive by streamer chuckin solo
    never bothered droppin anchor so hookup to land and a few quick pics and your damn near mile downstream
    picked up the mrs. bout 830 and got a few on the float down to hay farm.
    winds cranked up about 10 per ussual
    hopefully they drop er another k if not more this weekend
    and save some water and run decent flows all summer
    seeing as the flows blow dj are coming down you'd think they would
    def head up
    2hander heaven at those flows
    tryin to see if telee wants to head up sometime this week
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The bottom of LCC
    Posts
    5,200
    sounds like I need to head back out there soon. all the water up above worth checking out as well?

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tetons
    Posts
    5,951
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    sounds like I need to head back out there soon. all the water up above worth checking out as well?
    If you are referring to the water above font, yes...for the most part. Once the summer heat sets in things get tough below Big Piney. Above that tho is some of my favorite water in the region. From green river lakes down to wyo 351 is damn good. The upper green, below the lake down to warren bridge gets difficult to float in a hard boat by mid-late July most years. On big snow years with the weather cooperating and not getting too hot too early, that water can stay floatable in a hard boat later. Rafts are good til sometime in mid late august usually.

    The water from the fish hatchery to 351 gets warm in the summer so it's one of those on the water a little before sunrise or a quick float or wade the hour before sunset til dark.

    If you make it up this way, lemme know.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    2,581
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    hoback was totally blown but looked fun at that flow
    b low font
    floated fri damn 2 dodge bottom 9ish launch
    dropped er a k to 7k cfs
    foamlines at the dam you could float a sofapillow w/ fat albert and a 1/4 oz conehead meat whistle on
    wouldn't say murky tea colored and fishable
    only got one nice brown fri but a few oh my god follows and eats i couldn't connect on
    sat night was a wyo windfuckfest till the sun set
    got a couple dinks to eat the plentiful caddis at slate that eve
    hit the water at o sun up thirty sun and plenty of fish willing to eat the big junk
    scored a nice cutty few browns n a couple sweet bows
    bit tough rollin drive by streamer chuckin solo
    never bothered droppin anchor so hookup to land and a few quick pics and your damn near mile downstream
    picked up the mrs. bout 830 and got a few on the float down to hay farm.
    winds cranked up about 10 per ussual
    hopefully they drop er another k if not more this weekend
    and save some water and run decent flows all summer
    seeing as the flows blow dj are coming down you'd think they would
    def head up
    2hander heaven at those flows
    tryin to see if telee wants to head up sometime this week
    Heading to Dutch John on Friday with a couple of out of town friends, we are going to float. Just not sure which section yet...

    If you are going to be there give me a shout. Wish I could sneak out to fish Fontanelle but it ain't happening this time.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    Breath taking and mythical .A superb environmental space for creativity to be explored and nurtured.
    Last edited by clipping path; 10-22-2014 at 03:44 AM.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    out there on the neon avenue
    Posts
    4,035
    Great stuff everyone! keeps me coming back!

    Some VT fishes


























































  21. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    4,333
    ^Nice! That wooden drift boat is pretty sweet. Also glad to see that Fiddlehead has started the canning run.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,102







  23. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,102























  24. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    4,333
    That second picture is sure unique. Fish is eyeing down what it thought to be lunch!

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    797
    Great water, trout, pics man........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •