Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: '14 NE thread

Quote Originally Posted by thewon View Post
    Raking=certainty. There's no adventure in certainty. KOOK!

You need leaves on those dirt roads for an adventure, I know. But if you actually rode someplace that had some tech, you'd prefer no leaves. KOOK! ...that's a surf term brah

headed to northampton/holyoke area tomorrow. Where should I ride? on a fatbike, something not super technical would be great, thanks

Earls. Park at the Children's book museum at Hampshire? College. It's across the street.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

wtf...

oh boy...a lot of tension these days

it's just 'muzzleloaders' right now, tense but manageable.
    Wednesday is the start of rifle season, that's when it get's, scary.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Ride at night. No hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    wtf...

oh boy...a lot of tension these days
    is that sign for the stuff close to your house? ride this week?

this morning was unreal. frosty leaves

Raking?

Quote Originally Posted by teletele View Post
    Raking?
    love it. the way a trail should look like in the fall. RIDE THAT SHIT IN!

Quote Originally Posted by teletele View Post
    Raking?
    But please rake the tech. It's all shades of gray people. Absolutism is the way to the dark side.

I have come to the relazation that I like the feeling of MTBing more than I like the adventure of MTBing. when riding fast I would rather have the certainity of grip and know that I am nt going to ping some random feature.

Some riding shots from pittsburgh

almost everything in the City is leaf blown and to those who ssay it destroys trail, i am willing to bet that a trail like Iron gate in frick is one of the most heavily ridden trails in the country, and it get ridden in all soil conditions as well.

love the burgh stoke!

is that sign for the stuff close to your house? ride this week?

this morning was unreal. frosty leaves
    yeah, that's the local woods where the tension is a little high between both parties.

This week is tough for an early ride. I can only do the lunchtime hour.

Leaves suck. They're loud and annoying. Reminds me of something around here...hmmm.

Diane at Raystown Lake aka Allegrippis trails in central Pa.

Mike drifting though the leaves on Eagle Trail @ Allegrippis

Single speed at the lake overlook.

Some short videos from the fast and open raystown lake.

Hydro loop

Sidewinder trail

Doctor J trail at North Park, Pa

and lastly my current CRV had 292k on it as was rusting bad enough to think about getting a new one. Found this for 1500 dollars 132k and no rust.

Nice form on that berm, Bushwacking!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Nice pics PA. I really want to hit Raystown someday.

Was gonna hit Kton for the first time today, but 65 in Rutland made we want to ride bikes instead. Pine Hill Park is super fun. I needed a smooth, flowy ride and it delivered in spades. Halfpipe is a sick way to end a loop.

I'm not near ready to ski yet, but the coming weather may have some say in when the transition finally takes place. Buttah- you ski or ride today?

Magic out there today. So much sun on the ground in the woods. Thursday looks like a wiener too.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post

Was gonna hit Kton for the first time today, but 65 in Rutland made we want to ride bikes instead. Pine Hill Park is super fun. I needed a smooth, flowy ride and it delivered in spades. Halfpipe is a sick way to end a loop.

I'm not near ready to ski yet, but the coming weather may have some say in when the transition finally takes place. Buttah- you ski or ride today?
    Pine hill park is awesome. Some seriously obsessive trail building on display there.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    yeah, that's the local woods where the tension is a little high between both parties.

This week is tough for an early ride. I can only do the lunchtime hour.

Leaves suck. They're loud and annoying. Reminds me of something around here...hmmm.
    phuk yoo! Ha!

Today was redonk. Got to work at 11am and took a 2 hour lunch break from 2:30-4:30 to rip stratham a new one. Forgot how smooth and fast that place is. The fatbike was stupid fun. My stuff is so much slower and more tech. With the same (going HARD) effort i'm lucky to average 6-6.5 mph. Stratham is close to double. Forgot about some of the great climbs too!

Shorts and jersey ftw

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post

raystown is really sweet. More of pump track than say line of double like the newer machine built stuff in stowe and northfield.

There is so much other riding in Pa though. For smooth flowly trail North Park, jsut north of pittsburgh is unbelievably good as are ton of the local spot around pittsburgh.

All that groomed machine built stuff aside, Pa is as entertaining and challenging riding as most anywhere. Just fantastic. Dig the new/old CRV. My 05' is friggin flawless.

As trail building with machine progresses Raystown is starting to look long in the tooth compared to what is in Stowe.

I found myself on this trip to pittsburgh realizing just how great the buff hand built singletrack near pittsburgh is, it way more varied than raystown.

Ya I heard raystown is pretty unidimensional.

All that groomed machine built stuff aside, Pa is as entertaining and challenging riding as most anywhere. Just fantastic. Dig the new/old CRV. My 05' is friggin flawless.
    My old 99 was just rusting to death. It had 292k on it i was hoping to hit 300k but this clean car was found and I had the money so I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    My old 99 was just rusting to death. It had 292k on it i was hoping to hit 300k but this clean car was found and I had the money so I bought it.
    smart man, enjoy!

anyone else get out this am? holy shit it's a crispy cool perfect dirt world out there right now. 32 when i left the house, 42 when i got back. skiing couldn't be further from my thoughts with how good the riding always is this time of year.