PSA: Now open: Praxis ski demo center, Ayas (AO) Italy, Monterosa

Alright folks, its (almost) official…

From the 1st of March until the end of the apocalypse, we are proud to offer skiers in Europe the opportunity to test/demo/rent a wide range of Praxis skis.

Protest: 196, 187, 163
    GPO: 192, 187, 182
    Concept: 187, 177
    MVP: 187, 183, 163
    Freeride: 194 (Telemark, 22designs HHs)
    Piste Jib: 184
    SND: 185
    Le Petite: 163
    2015 custom GPO ULCarbon with continuous rocker: 192 (hmmm, maybe this one stays in the private collection)

All skis with Jester demo bindings.

And more to come…

For 2015 we hope to have the full line of skis on full time duty.

So, if you're coming to the Alps this spring (you should, it's been real bumper crop this year for pow harvesters) and this kind of thing seems interesting to you, shoot me a message. We're in the village called Crest, at the top of the first gondola from Champoluc, in the Val d'Ayas, Valle d'Aosta, part of the Monterosa ski resort. That means about an hour and a half from Milano, the same from Torino. About 3 hours from Geneva, a short heli trip from Zermatt, or a pair of chairlifts from Gressoney or Alagna.

Re-cap for core readers:: Alps: sick. Italy: tasty. 2014: nonstop neve (powder). Flying with ski boots and a duffel bag: pro. Having a bottomless quiver of Praxis skis at your disposal every morning: la dolce vita.

A presto!

OOOOHHHHHHHH shit.

This could alter travel plans (as long as those carbon GPO's are is the semi private collection)
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

Well good on you. I'd add some BC's to your mix in the fear that Italy (the Alps) returns to the miserable years, like when I was half based in Milano 8 years ago. Man, those days sucked, but mainly because I was a snowboarder and generally pretty clueless. Other than that, good luck, and I miss polenta.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Well good on you. I'd add some BC's to your mix in the fear that Italy (the Alps) returns to the miserable years, like when I was half based in Milano 8 years ago. Man, those days sucked, but mainly because I was a snowboarder and generally pretty clueless. Other than that, good luck, and I miss polenta.
    Whoa, didn't think you were ever clueless, even more difficult to imagine a connoisseur like you on a snowboard!

I'm on the same thought… BCs and Yetis are probably the most 'buyable' skis for the italian public (but, che palle, even the chamois are sick and tired of the excessively tight pants and super light ski touring rigs), and good skis to have on hand. But probably a bit wasted with jester demo bindings? The SND is also a very interesting ski in this market, as most adults were ski club/racers as kids (and consider themselves to be amateur Alberto Tombas).

The idea is to get people familiarized with modern ski designs and 'freeride' skis and change their approach to the mountain. Piste skiing is difficult to sustain and expensive. Not to mention, skiing in piste with fresh snow on top, or afternoon corn, is more fun with a progressive ski. I tell people the change from carving to progressive ski designs is even greater than the change from long skinny to carving… And there is an entire peninsula full of people who think carving skis are the greatest thing since, well, polenta!