Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    And one above 7R before that. A gulley drift.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    all i can say is thank fucking god it was a snowboarder
    all i can say is thats retarded
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    It doesn't sound mean. It sounds unrealistically demanding.

Do you really think it EVER occurred to this dude that he was about to trigger a 500+ year slide path that would bury a kid and kill a woman? No, he didn't. So quit trying to blame others and this guy, who obviously made a horrible mistake that he will never forget. You want to know what this guy was thinking 72 hours after it happened? He'll be thinking about it for the rest of his life, so maybe you should chill with your demands for knowledge and perspective, at least for the time being.
    Man I hope this doesn't turn into a throw the book at em then suefest kind of thing. This is an extremely unusual occurrence. Notice nothing even says how old the snowboarders are? They could be kids for all we know. Pretty sure we all did stupider things when we were kids. Just a sad weird shitty situation.

I hope the surviving family of the victim find forgiveness and this doesn't tear the community apart any further.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Seems like if the slide was set off by a lone snowboarder, it could have easily have ran naturally.

Agree with Leroy, shitty situation.

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    Did I say the snowboarder was free from responsibility? I agree the snowboarder should e held responsible for his actions but he is not the only one at fault here.
    city fathers better learn to control that lil hill in the future. i suggest real control work after they kindly get the elkers to move aside for a bit.
    sad ending for one innocent human being.
    b

Negligent manslaughter at worst, probably reckless endangerment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Negligent manslaughter at worst, probably reckless endangerment.
    Maybe they'll give the case to Van Valkenburg personally. That way you know justice will be served.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud cult View Post
    Maybe they'll give the case to Van Valkenburg personally. That way you know justice will be served.
    Jesus, let's not go there.

But...

"With the Mount Jumbo avalanche having claimed one victim’s life, the Missoula Police Department is looking at the investigation from a “different perspective,” public information officer Travis Welsh said Monday.

Police interviewed three people who were recreating on the mountain and may have set off the avalanche.

It’s unclear whether criminal charges will be pursued, he said. But police are meeting with prosecutors later this week to discuss the investigation and any possible criminal culpability.

Several witnesses to the avalanche said they saw it unleash below a snowboarder who was high atop Mount Jumbo. The slide buried three people at the base of the mountain, one of whom died Monday, and destroyed or damaged several homes in the Holly Street neighborhood."

http://missoulian.com/news/local/mis...a4bcf887a.html

Poaching powder resulting in potential manslaughter charges. Partner this with the civil lawsuits from the families and insurance carriers if the guys aren't judgment proof and their lives just got really complicated. Factor in remorse and I hope they have a good support system. Really bad day on so many levels.

Hopefully the criminal prosecution push runs out of steam quickly. Already more than enough anguish to go around.

Photo from the paper, Jumbo Crown

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jumboslidecrown.jpg 
Views:	1151 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	151914  

whats the date? ..you can tell its already reloaded.
    long live the jahrator

Hopefully the criminal prosecution push runs out of steam quickly. Already more than enough anguish to go around.
    no.......

See below for the post of another "affluenza" child…

I hope the prosecute the living daylights out of the responsibly party…

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

So the family is on the Today Show this morning, nice segment, and the guy (not the father, apparently) notes that people should think twice before doing things that might endanger people, such as boarding off Jumbo. I agreed.

Just for the hell of it, I look the guy up on Facebook. There are pictures posted by him taken Wednesday morning -- two days before the slide -- skiing off Sentinel.

I thought the segment was decent too- not your normal Today show botch
    Holy shit when the kid said he got tired of biting and licking away the snow so he just 'fell asleep' made me choke- glad he's still with us.
    Very sad about the older woman/neighbor passing

Yeah that biting and licking his way out part is nuts.
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    "He wasn't trying to hide anything," said Karkanen, adding the snowboarder was likely unaware of local rules involving Mount Jumbo."

he is unlucky he caused it, but it sounds like the rules of that area might be vague for some. Kids sledding/snowboarding all the same junk show games during a huge event.

Maybe the city/county/state had an obligation to better assess the slope and potential safety issues. Maybe they needed avalanche fences.
    Ah yes-The old "please nanny me more mr government" you are a dumb fuck as is the cake spreader who caused this. Always somebody else's fault. Always. And always want more enforcement by somebody.......more.more.more.....

I DEMAND ANSWERS. AND VENGEANCE.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyyee View Post
    Ah yes-The old "please nanny me more mr government" you are a dumb fuck as is the cake spreader who caused this. Always somebody else's fault. Always. And always want more enforcement by somebody.......more.more.more.....
    do you not like avalanche fences?
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by totaliboard View Post
    do you not like avalanche fences?
    a once in forever slide triggered by a naive enthusiastic doofus and you think more spending by Falstaff Engen is the solution?

i have no idea what falstaff engen is, but no i dont think its the one and only solution. i think its better than just pretending theres no problem though. or that it shouldnt be addressed.
    long live the jahrator

Here is what the hill usually looks like during the winter, I took this a week after the slide: