Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Whatever happened with that Australian Craigslist chick? (breckenridge)
    Sloppy adventures afoot?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Were you at that springtime party at that henhouse on the golf course in 98? Someone had a bottle of magic Gatorade. All I remember is running full speed down fairways, golfing with whatever I could find on the back porch and those girls dancing with hula hoops to the disco version Star Wars song while I laughed uncontrollably....then the sun came up.....good times good times.

On a related note, a few years later after returning to LCC, I was competing for the affections of a lady with a fella from another lodge and was able to close the deal after he hit a tree and blew up his spleen. We were going downtown for date night and she asked to stop by the hospital to say hey...I said, "yeah that's cool, but make it quick...I'll be waiting in the car."
    small world..... "henhouse" that brings it back!

RA- what did you do at AL?
    one step forward, no step backward

@timberridge- haha hell yeah dude that was funny shit. she was hot too id hit that.
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by totaliboard View Post
    @timberridge- haha hell yeah dude that was funny shit. she was hot too id hit that.
    Guys this thread has been very disappointing. The highlight was Alpinezone posting in here.

So are all ski towns impossible to get laid in? Seems like it?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Guys this thread has been very disappointing. The highlight was Alpinezone posting in here.

So are all ski towns impossible to get laid in? Seems like it?
    That depends, do you have lots of money and/or blow?

If yes, then not impossible. If no, expect longer droughts than California.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    Breckenridge/Summit County beat the shit out of Crested Butte. Life is better now that I'm in DC. So many attractive single women.

Ski town chicks love to talk about how many guys there are but how there are no good ones. Its bullshit, the good ones just don't want to deal with your ugly, insane ass.

Fat Ugly and Mean? Move to Summit County (/Jackson/Bozeman/Telluride/CB) and be a Queen!
    Hahaha, too true.

And who unbanned that AlpineZone tool that doesn't understand the difference between natural and manmade snow? Normal Rockwell? Rutland? Are you fucking kidding me? Now, north to Burlington/Stowe area, that's a nice place.
    I'd say Missoula, but it's not really a ski town. Well, this year it kinda is, lol.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I thought Missoula was good as well but I was in college when I lived there. Summit County is indeed pretty bad. Have lowered my standards on multiple occasions living here and the skiing is fine but like not that great and just I don't know if this is all worth is sometimes hah. Tough to leave a cushy town job where I am also able to ski 4 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    North conway nh is or was one of the few or only ones where women outnumber men. Lots of fit women at that.

I forget which ski mag reported the ratio.

rog
    This is still true. You can do fine at Stowe, VT as well.

Its not really that bad if ya got some game. Droughts for sure though.. it helps if you can rip.
    long live the jahrator

Ski town chicks love to talk about how many guys there are but how there are no good ones.
    "the odds are good, but the goods are odd"

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    I thought Missoula was good as well but I was in college when I lived there. Summit County is indeed pretty bad. Have lowered my standards on multiple occasions living here and the skiing is fine but like not that great and just I don't know if this is all worth is sometimes hah. Tough to leave a cushy town job where I am also able to ski 4 days a week.
    Summit is a gold mine compared to CB. But even the ski town 9s are real world 5.5s.

Summit is a gold mine compared to CB. But even the ski town 9s are real world 5.5s.
    Ha, ha... a friend/former neighbor got divorced and moved to CB with her four kids. Got a job bartending and instantly went from a 5.5 to a 9. She loves life there, that's for sure...

fwiw, I got engaged there and another good friend met his wife there, too. It can happen, but man, odds are bad.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Ha, ha... a friend/former neighbor got divorced and moved to CB with her four kids. Got a job bartending and instantly went from a 5.5 to a 9. She loves life there, that's for sure...

fwiw, I got engaged there and another good friend met his wife there, too. It can happen, but man, odds are bad.
    It's all about importing them, but on a side note I do know quite a few single women here.

Yep a few real world 9's in CB, but still pretty much a sausage fest with no night life.

Was there a couple years ago, and the only thing out past 10pm on a week night was a coyote.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Like it, but don't love it like I used to.

First, it's not a ski town - my house is 1000 feet from the Pacific Ocean - and the weather is definitely coastal. The ski area parking lot is a 1:15 drive. I don't know if you've been to Baker, but saying it's hyped is an understatement. 10 years ago a powder day was a whole day. Today, it's 9 am to 11. The touring possibilities are almost endless. You could fit another 50 Baker Ski Areas into the wilderness that surrounds it. And you can ski the Coleman Glacier (Mt Baker proper) all year round. But the backcountry adjacent to the west/southwest edge of the ski area is crowded on winter weekends (and some weekdays). It still beats Seattle and Portland for crowds and access, though.

There's good mountain biking that's almost year-round within riding distance, and tons more within a 1 hr driving radius. Road riding is huge in this town, but spandex isn't my cup of tea. Sea kayaking is good, and can be really good with a little drive and/or ferry.

In the summer, you can buy almost everything you eat from the people who grow it. We've got three breweries - two of which are awesome - one in the next town north, and another two preparing to open soon. The restaurant scene ebbs and flows. It was good for a while, right now it blows, but I'm am cautiously optimistic for the future. The employment situation sucks. If you're young, you're either a student, a barista/server, or a trustafarian.
    thanks for the low down. If I were to move anywhere I think that would be the area. I love mountain biking and I would like to experience The mountains during the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Were you at that springtime party at that henhouse on the golf course in 98? Someone had a bottle of magic Gatorade. All I remember is running full speed down fairways, golfing with whatever I could find on the back porch and those girls dancing with hula hoops to the disco version Star Wars song while I laughed uncontrollably....then the sun came up.....good times good times.

On a related note, a few years later after returning to LCC, I was competing for the affections of a lady with a fella from another lodge and was able to close the deal after he hit a tree and blew up his spleen. We were going downtown for date night and she asked to stop by the hospital to say hey...I said, "yeah that's cool, but make it quick...I'll be waiting in the car."
    I was at quite a few that year and although this scenario sounds quite familiar I can't say for sure. I do know that we must have crossed paths and these have to be the same hulu hooping girls.

Quote Originally Posted by allTandA View Post
    small world..... "henhouse" that brings it back!

RA- what did you do at AL?
    I waited tables. I was mostly a drunk tho. Something about being up in that canyon really got under my skin. I went to Jackson the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi WTF is dat! May I suggest that instead of overrated, overhyped and oversausaged Aspen that you "think outside the box" and instead bring your libido to Killington, Vermont home of the hottest hormonal ski scene In North America? I would proffer that all things considered, K-Mart is the clear choice. The riding is quite challenging partly due to the variable conditions, and you will find that the conditions are actually more dependable and consistent to anything you will find out west due to the superior snowmaking. Also, the culture is superior, the history is rich and the "Norman Rockwell" factor is prevalent everywhere you turn. The terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere!(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") When you score your first Killington powder day in "Bearclaw Woods", you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you!. You also will have fun pursuing the plethora of hot NYC/NJ and Boston "chicas" in their stretch pants, but I must warn you they are quite feisty and outspoken, unlike the laid-back western gals.
    I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots , TTip-ers, NewSchoolers, Epicureans, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    A-zone is pretty much spot on here. Kton has lots of female vacationers, ski house people and locals.

Just once, I want to see him say something else other than his stupid copy and paste speech.
    No longer stuck.

Jokes on you bud.
    Live Free or Die

welcome back, greg! i'm looking forward to your forthcoming invitations to clueless maggots to join the marvelous EC scene

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Jokes on you bud.
    I suppose you're right.
    No longer stuck.

It may not be southern California, but Vail does have plenty of women. Just in the time I've been around here from the 90's until now, there are way more women than used to be. It's more metropolitan than small town here, but having more people including a better male to female ratio is one of the benefits of Vail. It's still a ski town, but it's far, far from the descriptions of disparity at Alta...

Vail isn't a ski town. Its Disneyland with a highway running through the middle of it.

I like to denigrate Vile Resort but I have to say on a pow day with a jackknifed semi on westbound I-70. Its awesome fun. I also think the night life and people are super friendly. There you go now back to the hate. Oh wait sometimes its fun to go down on the Beav!