Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    This sums up the Smithers situation nicely; http://northword.ca/august-2009/the-dame-drain

Please note that one of the main contentions of the article is not that there are no men, but rather that there are is a lack of quality men.
    What is funny about the article is the assumption that these are quality women. How about polling area men to see a real opinion on the female quality. I did not check, but I assume the article was written by a woman.

It is definitely easier to find women in the real world, no surprise there. I did not expect the situation to be good in a ski town when I moved there, and it was an accurate assumption. I assumed I would have a lot more success when I left, which was also turned out to be right on the money.

I did notice lots of decent looking guys with ugly women in ski towns. This was something I did not see so much of at the beach, unsurprisingly.

More men want the peter pan lifestyle of the mountains. Women moving to ski towns should expect that. If you don't want those men, leave. Similarly, men who place high value on the number of available women are probably better off elsewhere.

It all seems pretty obvious.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Wait, Boulder doesn't count as a ski town? Here TGR leads me astray, again.
    Boulder is definitely a mountain town, but the closest skiing is a half hour away at a shitty ski area so I wouldn't really consider it a ski town.

However, given this thread's progression I think that boulder is my best bet and I should probably stay here because I am sure as fuck not trying to lower my quality of life by living in shithole utah

I thought the ski town mantra was BYOB.

Bring Your Own Boobies.

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    I did notice lots of decent looking guys with ugly women in ski towns. This was something I did not see so much of at the beach, unsurprisingly..
    This. Even if there are girls you dumb down your standards with less availability, not to mention the effects it can have on your self esteem/confidence. I don't want to sound shallow but I REALLY like hot girls, way more than powder skiing. Way more. It was different before when I was younger but as I edged into my 30's my priorities have shifted. I still love skiing but things change.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    This. Even if there are girls you dumb down your standards with less availability, not to mention the effects it can have on your self esteem/confidence. I don't want to sound shallow but I REALLY like hot girls, way more than powder skiing. Way more. It was different before when I was younger but as I edged into my 30's my priorities have shifted. I still love skiing but things change.
    Hate to break it to ya buddy, but at your age, its all downhill. Well, except for high school girls, they stay the same age.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Hate to break it to ya buddy, but at your age, its all downhill. Well, except for high school girls, they stay the same age.
    That shit is funny! I'm afraid you are right! Luckily I'm engaged.

the young to mid thirties were awesome I have to say, actually much better than the 20's but now? Not so much.

And I hope I don't sound like a D-Bag player guy, that's not me. I have a quality over quantity perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    There seems to be a high percentage of lesbians in ski towns. If she snowboards and drives a Subaru, the only thing you're getting is a ride home.
    Except in this town. Middle-aged skiers drive subarus. Lesbians drive pickups. Bro-brahs hitchhike. It's like bizzarro-world.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Except in this town. Middle-aged skiers drive subarus. Lesbians drive pickups. Bro-brahs hitchhike. It's like bizzarro-world.
    Are in Bellingham? If so, how do you like it?

Boulder may not be a ski town, but it does have this, it's the clit tickling capitol of the world.

http://www.therooster.com/blog/bould...-capitol-world

"Along with Bikram Yoga, rock climbing during the winter, and guzzling kombucha from biodegradable, BPA-free, fair-trade beer bongs, Boulder residents can now add having 15-minute long orgasms with 20 strangers to their list of pre-dawn activities.

Orgasmic Meditation, or OM, is a not so new, nor surprising, trend in meditation focused on manual clitoral stimulation. Although we could have told you that rubbing the clitoris results in reduced stress and overall life happiness, the folks at TurnON Colorado have successfully turned finger banging into a structured meditation practice, complete with training sessions for beginners and “Master Stroker” status for those who’ve mastered the art of clitoral orgasm.

How does this work you ask? It’s simple, meet up with a TurnON group, find a partner and make a “nest” of bedding to comfortably lie in. Now take your pants off. Only your pants though, they don’t want you to get the wrong impression here. The stroker sets a timer for 15 minutes, lies you down in your nest, and gets to it. After the timer buzzes the partners have a meaningful discussion about the orgasm achieved. Then it’s pants-on time and you’re off to walk your allergy-free dog or hit up Whole Foods for some quinoa. No walk of shame, no post-coital phone call required.
    The nest: where the magic happens.

This spiritual sex act got it’s start in San Francisco, big surprise, and is working on making Boulder its bitch. There are more than 400 officially trained strokers here in town, and the sessions, held every Wednesday morning, are regularly attended by about 20 or more people. So next time you’re feeling a bit anxious you can rest assured that some stranger is willing to rub it out for you in a room full of moaning women you’ve never met and will now awkwardly avoid when you see in the grocery store.

Now that the female orgasm is being taken care of, the next order of business is to start a mediation group centered around fellatio. So we can all get our heads right.
    - See more at: http://www.therooster.com/blog/boulder-now-clit-tickling-capitol-world#sthash.qv541dWE.FZUa7nU6.dpuf"
    Calmer than you dude

Are in Bellingham? If so, how do you like it?
    Like it, but don't love it like I used to.

First, it's not a ski town - my house is 1000 feet from the Pacific Ocean - and the weather is definitely coastal. The ski area parking lot is a 1:15 drive. I don't know if you've been to Baker, but saying it's hyped is an understatement. 10 years ago a powder day was a whole day. Today, it's 9 am to 11. The touring possibilities are almost endless. You could fit another 50 Baker Ski Areas into the wilderness that surrounds it. And you can ski the Coleman Glacier (Mt Baker proper) all year round. But the backcountry adjacent to the west/southwest edge of the ski area is crowded on winter weekends (and some weekdays). It still beats Seattle and Portland for crowds and access, though.

There's good mountain biking that's almost year-round within riding distance, and tons more within a 1 hr driving radius. Road riding is huge in this town, but spandex isn't my cup of tea. Sea kayaking is good, and can be really good with a little drive and/or ferry.

In the summer, you can buy almost everything you eat from the people who grow it. We've got three breweries - two of which are awesome - one in the next town north, and another two preparing to open soon. The restaurant scene ebbs and flows. It was good for a while, right now it blows, but I'm am cautiously optimistic for the future. The employment situation sucks. If you're young, you're either a student, a barista/server, or a trustafarian.
    Last edited by pisteoff; 03-01-2014 at 12:09 PM. Reason: 5.5 breweries

Walked into the Q in Jackson for the superbowl this year and was blown away by the mainly female crowd. Kind of surreal.

Seems like the Q is the hot spot lately. Better than 43 North at least.
    Live Free or Die

Well, 43 North is now Lift.
    The food is better, but it might take some doing to make it a long term joint. That's a tough location.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Well, 43 North is now Lift.
    The food is better, but it might take some doing to make it a long term joint. That's a tough location.
    I know, was more referencing that that was the place for hotter chicks a few years back. They seemed to get lost but have settled on the Q for the time being.

And to be frank, I think Lift sucks all around.
    Live Free or Die

For the mother fucking win:

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247 View Post
    Boulder may not be a ski town, but it does have this, it's the clit tickling capitol of the world.

http://www.therooster.com/blog/bould...-capitol-world

"Along with Bikram Yoga, rock climbing during the winter, and guzzling kombucha from biodegradable, BPA-free, fair-trade beer bongs, Boulder residents can now add having 15-minute long orgasms with 20 strangers to their list of pre-dawn activities.

Orgasmic Meditation, or OM, is a not so new, nor surprising, trend in meditation focused on manual clitoral stimulation. Although we could have told you that rubbing the clitoris results in reduced stress and overall life happiness, the folks at TurnON Colorado have successfully turned finger banging into a structured meditation practice, complete with training sessions for beginners and “Master Stroker” status for those who’ve mastered the art of clitoral orgasm.

How does this work you ask? It’s simple, meet up with a TurnON group, find a partner and make a “nest” of bedding to comfortably lie in. Now take your pants off. Only your pants though, they don’t want you to get the wrong impression here. The stroker sets a timer for 15 minutes, lies you down in your nest, and gets to it. After the timer buzzes the partners have a meaningful discussion about the orgasm achieved. Then it’s pants-on time and you’re off to walk your allergy-free dog or hit up Whole Foods for some quinoa. No walk of shame, no post-coital phone call required.
    The nest: where the magic happens.

This spiritual sex act got it’s start in San Francisco, big surprise, and is working on making Boulder its bitch. There are more than 400 officially trained strokers here in town, and the sessions, held every Wednesday morning, are regularly attended by about 20 or more people. So next time you’re feeling a bit anxious you can rest assured that some stranger is willing to rub it out for you in a room full of moaning women you’ve never met and will now awkwardly avoid when you see in the grocery store.

Now that the female orgasm is being taken care of, the next order of business is to start a mediation group centered around fellatio. So we can all get our heads right.
    - See more at: http://www.therooster.com/blog/boulder-now-clit-tickling-capitol-world#sthash.qv541dWE.FZUa7nU6.dpuf"

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Ashland, OR?
    retired cougars in ashland

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Wheres is that thread with the kinky Utah chick in it?
    sfotex's maid thread.

C.A.B.S= cocky alta beaver syndrome

that shit was real. wonder if its still that way. 6-10 girls you'd want to sleep w and like 220 dudes. makes for a skewed dynamic.
    one step forward, no step backward

Quote Originally Posted by allTandA View Post
    C.A.B.S= cocky alta beaver syndrome

that shit was real. wonder if its still that way. 6-10 girls you'd want to sleep w and like 220 dudes. makes for a skewed dynamic.
    I have witnessed this phenomenon first hand. I remember one day visiting in the spring of 99, My friend Brett, a girl, and myself were sitting at the Peruvian pool and there must have been like 10 dudes, P dog emps all in the pool fighting for the attention of the one girl, they were acting like complete fools, boarder line retarded, I'm talking 21 year olds behaving like 5 year olds. I seriously have not seen anything quite like it.

In 98 I lived and worked at the Alta Lodge, I think there were maybe 5 or 6 cute girls that were single and they would have party's down in Sandy. The girls would bust out the hulu hoops and all of the guys would gather around and fall into a beer and gyrating hip induced trance.

Fuck all that. Once I moved to Flagstaff I found out how different it can be, it's unfucking believable. I wish I went to college before moving to the mountains.

Breckenridge/Summit County beat the shit out of Crested Butte. Life is better now that I'm in DC. So many attractive single women.

Ski town chicks love to talk about how many guys there are but how there are no good ones. Its bullshit, the good ones just don't want to deal with your ugly, insane ass.

Fat Ugly and Mean? Move to Summit County (/Jackson/Bozeman/Telluride/CB) and be a Queen!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Ouch!
    A lack of quality men beyond yourself is what i meant to say. A thousand apolgies.

Quote Originally Posted by totaliboard View Post
    dont know the exact ratio but portland maine has plenty of women. and plenty of snow at the moment. and weeds legal there.
    Zumba is a great way to meet women in Maine.

Hugh Conway Guest
    how many maggots could survive the postcoital video critique session though?

What you actually listen to that shit?

I have witnessed this phenomenon first hand. I remember one day visiting in the spring of 99, My friend Brett, a girl, and myself were sitting at the Peruvian pool and there must have been like 10 dudes, P dog emps all in the pool fighting for the attention of the one girl, they were acting like complete fools, boarder line retarded, I'm talking 21 year olds behaving like 5 year olds. I seriously have not seen anything quite like it.

In 98 I lived and worked at the Alta Lodge, I think there were maybe 5 or 6 cute girls that were single and they would have party's down in Sandy. The girls would bust out the hulu hoops and all of the guys would gather around and fall into a beer and gyrating hip induced trance.

Fuck all that. Once I moved to Flagstaff I found out how different it can be, it's unfucking believable. I wish I went to college before moving to the mountains.
    Were you at that springtime party at that henhouse on the golf course in 98? Someone had a bottle of magic Gatorade. All I remember is running full speed down fairways, golfing with whatever I could find on the back porch and those girls dancing with hula hoops to the disco version Star Wars song while I laughed uncontrollably....then the sun came up.....good times good times.

On a related note, a few years later after returning to LCC, I was competing for the affections of a lady with a fella from another lodge and was able to close the deal after he hit a tree and blew up his spleen. We were going downtown for date night and she asked to stop by the hospital to say hey...I said, "yeah that's cool, but make it quick...I'll be waiting in the car."