Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    Vail isn't a ski town. Its Disneyland with a highway running through the middle of it.
    Aspen, where the beer flows like wine and the Women...... c'mon people, how many times do we have to go over this?

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    Breckenridge/Summit County beat the shit out of Crested Butte. Life is better now that I'm in DC. So many attractive single women.
    Word. Forget ski towns, I'm glad I spent the last half of my 20s and the first half of my 30s there. I still got about 10-15 days a year, but didn't have to watch a few hooping chicks with a bunch of dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by cuseo View Post
    Aspen, where the beer flows like wine and the Women...... c'mon people, how many times do we have to go over this?
    Yup
    . . .

Bozangeles Montucky

I remember Telluride in the mid-70s right after it opened. If you were with a girl in a bar you were afraid to go to the bathroom because there'd be two guys hitting on her by the time you got back and you'd have to fight for your seat. Couldn't have been more than a dozen single girls in the entire town.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post

Fuck all that. Once I moved to Flagstaff I found out how different it can be, it's unfucking believable. I wish I went to college before moving to the mountains.
    Classic thread to dig up!

I did it the opposite of you. I went to college first My first winter was when I took winter off of my senior year. Then I spent several years in Tahoe, although I spent a couple of those summers out of Tahoe, thankfully.

My first winter was an adjustment. I had a great social life in college at a school that is known for hot girls. In Tahoe I quickly discovered that I was going to have to work for girls I was not really interested in. I didn't like that. Some of my friends had done winters in the mountains, so I knew what I was getting into, but it was still tough. We had a great house in Olympic Valley on Tiger Tail, and eventually I was content with skiing/working all day and hanging with my buddies. I had enjoyed a great social life in college, so taking a winter off of that an just skiing was fine.

Our school had a ski team. That basically meant that you would pay 400 at the beginning of the season and have a place to crash at Mammoth all winter. Usually it was college living, 15-20 people, crashing in sleeping bags, but no worries. Choosing between skiing Mammoth or surfing/partying in Santa Barbara was a nice choice to have. I remember one of the girls on the ski team who went up ABSOLUTELY every weekend. She was average looking at best at UCSB, but in Mammoth she was a queen. She used to brag that she was dating three Mammoth guys. I'm going to sound like a jerk, but she was the type of girl at UCSB that if I hooked up with her it was one of those drunk things where you sneak out the next morning and hope your friends didn't see you go home with her. Girls like that were just available at UCSB, some of the hot girls you had to work for, but the girls that were not great looking knew they had to really work to get guys who were good-looking or popular. I would actually say it was pretty even though, most of the girls at UCSB acknowledged that the guys there were good looking too. Ski towns are not like that, some of the women in ski towns tend to get attention because they are all that is available, outside of the mountains many of the women that get bombarded would have a tough adjustment.

The thing about Tahoe was that the women were generally not attractive enough to work for, at least when compared to the girls at UCSB. I'm not saying there were not hot girls there, but they had the upper hand and they knew it. To me it just was not worth pursuing those girls. I really didn't like having to work for it.

I went to a northeastern boarding school that was not short on snobby girls from Connecticut and Manhattan. In college I was in a fraternity, so I knew plenty of sorority girls. I currently live in Newport Beach, although I met my wife in December of 2007 so I have been out of the dating loop since then. The most 'entitled' women I have ever encountered were the women in Tahoe. I'm not saying that I didn't encounter spoiled girls in those other places, they are all high on the list so to speak, but in general if a girl at UCSB, or in Newport, thought she was the greatest thing going she probably looked like a bikini model, literally. That was certainly not the case in Tahoe.

My first winter in Tahoe one of the guys who worked in the shop had a girlfriend who was an absolute bitch to him. She would yell at him in front of people for no good reason, I absolutely could not belief he tolerated it. She was probably about 240 pounds and rarely skied, so I really could not figure out the appeal. I asked some of the other guys if she was mega-wealthy, because other than that I could not figure out WHY he was with her. The other guys told me that if I stayed in a ski town long enough I would. I never dated any women like that, but within a couple of months I understood what they meant.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Overall though, I have seen that the guys who seem to have trouble finding chicks would be the same guys having trouble finding chicks anywhere. Ski towns are filled with me first people, and me first people usually have trouble getting girls.

Uh, I would actually disagree with that. Most of the guys I know who have really killed it, i.e. slept with more than 100 women with lots of hot ones, tend to be somewhat me first guys. Where I have been guys who are into themselves tend to do better with women.

If you are talking about relationships, well that is different. Women in ski towns have the power, so lots of them are able to get guys into relationships when the guy might hold out in a different area. Guys who are me-first tend to have trouble in relationships, that I would agree with. It is tough to be a player in Tahoe, so I could see that side of things.

I would also somewhat disagree about the types of guys who have trouble in the mountains being the ones who would have trouble anywhere, although I can see what you mean. While there are certain parallels, the guys that women in Newport Beach like tend to be different than what women in Tahoe liked. I saw lots of somewhat hippyish guys do pretty well in Tahoe, lots of these guys would not do all that well in Newport, girls there want guys who are into their appearance and have money. A man spending 60$ on a haircut in Newport Beach is no big deal, in Lake Tahoe it might be a deal-breaker. I would also say that many of the men I knew in Newport when I was single would not be able to last in a mountain town long-term, unless they brought a girl with them, because they simply don't like the types of women that tend to live in ski towns long term. I left Tahoe permanently in the spring of 2004, and three and a half years later I met my wife, but the last time I encountered a woman who didn't at least trim her pubic hair was in Tahoe, you just don't see women down south with lots of pubic hair.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Bozangeles Montucky
    'ozeman is no longer part of MT. It is in it's own bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    ....many of the men I knew in Newport when I was single would not be able to last in a mountain town long-term ....
    you're gay, right?

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Tahoe / Truckee has changed a lot since 2004. I mean, it's still a sausage fest but the quality has improved by quite a bit, especially now that Truckee is less rough around the edges than it used to be.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Bozeman is not a ski town. That's like calling Boulder, CO a ski town really.

"but the last time I encountered a woman who didn't at least trim her pubic hair was in Tahoe, you just don't see women down south with lots of pubic hair."

Easily the most profound thing I have read on the webs here in a long time.

LDD - an absolute classic!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ....still a sausage fest but the quality has improved by quite a bit ....
    wtf tj?

mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    wtf tj?

Which part do you disagree with?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Explain how?

its not a matter of disagreement,
    funny, all the homo-erotic references lately ....
    wait, what?

mike tyson

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Explain how?
    Yes, it's a town close to skiing, but I sort of automatically discredit any town with a university from joining true ski town status. That's just my own random criteria. When I think ski town I think of a place that is 100% based around the ski hill vs a an actual town with a university that happens to be very close to skiing.

Big Sky isn't even a town, but it fits my personal "ski town" criteria more than Bozeman.

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    its not a matter of disagreement,
    funny, all the homo-erotic references lately ....
    wait, what?

You lost me... so what’s the issue again?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Back when I was single, I had very good success with the ladies while spending a winter in Taos, New Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Well it's only 17 miles up the canyon to an awesome ski resort and there is a shitload of active, intelligent women and even more coeds who ski and snowboard and are there to party. I am very impressed with the night life there. Wouldn't care to live there though, really liking Livingston these days.

Quote Originally Posted by enlosandes View Post
    Back when I was single, I had very good success with the ladies while spending a winter in Taos, New Mexico.
    It’s interesting here because there are so many women brought here by the arts scene. Once you look further thank Taos Ski Valley, the ratio becomes a lot better.

But here I am, typing this from my girlfriend’s house in Santa Fe so what the hell do I know.

Tell McGuane I said hi.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Well it's only 17 miles up the canyon to an awesome ski resort and there is a shitload of active, intelligent women and even more coeds who ski and snowboard and are there to party. I am very impressed with the night life there. Wouldn't care to live there though, really liking Livingston these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You lost me... so what’s the issue again?
    WomanScaping

Trim that Bush.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Classic thread to dig up!

I did it the opposite of you. I went to college first My first winter was when I took winter off of my senior year. Then I spent several years in Tahoe, although I spent a couple of those summers out of Tahoe, thankfully.

My first winter was an adjustment. I had a great social life in college at a school that is known for hot girls. In Tahoe I quickly discovered that I was going to have to work for girls I was not really interested in. I didn't like that. Some of my friends had done winters in the mountains, so I knew what I was getting into, but it was still tough. We had a great house in Olympic Valley on Tiger Tail, and eventually I was content with skiing/working all day and hanging with my buddies. I had enjoyed a great social life in college, so taking a winter off of that an just skiing was fine.

Our school had a ski team. That basically meant that you would pay 400 at the beginning of the season and have a place to crash at Mammoth all winter. Usually it was college living, 15-20 people, crashing in sleeping bags, but no worries. Choosing between skiing Mammoth or surfing/partying in Santa Barbara was a nice choice to have. I remember one of the girls on the ski team who went up ABSOLUTELY every weekend. She was average looking at best at UCSB, but in Mammoth she was a queen. She used to brag that she was dating three Mammoth guys. I'm going to sound like a jerk, but she was the type of girl at UCSB that if I hooked up with her it was one of those drunk things where you sneak out the next morning and hope your friends didn't see you go home with her. Girls like that were just available at UCSB, some of the hot girls you had to work for, but the girls that were not great looking knew they had to really work to get guys who were good-looking or popular. I would actually say it was pretty even though, most of the girls at UCSB acknowledged that the guys there were good looking too. Ski towns are not like that, some of the women in ski towns tend to get attention because they are all that is available, outside of the mountains many of the women that get bombarded would have a tough adjustment.

The thing about Tahoe was that the women were generally not attractive enough to work for, at least when compared to the girls at UCSB. I'm not saying there were not hot girls there, but they had the upper hand and they knew it. To me it just was not worth pursuing those girls. I really didn't like having to work for it.

I went to a northeastern boarding school that was not short on snobby girls from Connecticut and Manhattan. In college I was in a fraternity, so I knew plenty of sorority girls. I currently live in Newport Beach, although I met my wife in December of 2007 so I have been out of the dating loop since then. The most 'entitled' women I have ever encountered were the women in Tahoe. I'm not saying that I didn't encounter spoiled girls in those other places, they are all high on the list so to speak, but in general if a girl at UCSB, or in Newport, thought she was the greatest thing going she probably looked like a bikini model, literally. That was certainly not the case in Tahoe.

My first winter in Tahoe one of the guys who worked in the shop had a girlfriend who was an absolute bitch to him. She would yell at him in front of people for no good reason, I absolutely could not belief he tolerated it. She was probably about 240 pounds and rarely skied, so I really could not figure out the appeal. I asked some of the other guys if she was mega-wealthy, because other than that I could not figure out WHY he was with her. The other guys told me that if I stayed in a ski town long enough I would. I never dated any women like that, but within a couple of months I understood what they meant.

Ha! It's crazy how ones opinion changes in different situations and locations. I spent 17 days once down at Phantom Ranch in the big ditch and it was nuts that in that short amount of time I found my standards changed quite a bit!
    dirtbag, not a dentist