Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Are you ok man? How did you manage that?

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Gravity always wins...

^^SpaceX borrowed them for re-entry padding material.

Quote Originally Posted by onearmwanderer View Post
    This is "one.arm.charm" from just above. I was able to log on to old account. Attachment 302830Attachment 302829Attachment 302831
    Jesus.....did you hit a buried running chain saw? Wow this report has to be while you're bored in the hospital recovering. Vibes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Sometimes you just gotta say "that ski is trash," and move on. IMHO this is one of those times.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Sometimes you just gotta say "that ski is trash," and move on. IMHO this is one of those times.
    I'm all about keeping skis for as long as possible but I've gotta agree.

Yeah. That ski is trashed. Or a ski for the great divide.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Dude tell us how it happened

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Dude tell us how it happened
    These two things.

Fix that shit for the sole purpose of proving it can be done.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Fix that shit for the sole purpose of proving it can be done.

It can be done. It's more a question of why. That ski is severely compromised. If it was a one off or special build/ski I could see it.

cool repair thread and exhibit of will...

that damage pic is what i fear skiing at big sky. f'n rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    cool repair thread and exhibit of will...

that damage pic is what i fear skiing at big sky. f'n rocks.
    Having never skied Big Sky, what is it about the place that it has such a reputation for core shots?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Having never skied Big Sky, what is it about the place that it has such a reputation for core shots?
    Its all andesite. One giant, steep, fucking scree pile. All loose super sharp rock, no granite.
    The skiing is kickass though.

And at least it's loose so the damage is rarely catastrophic. Just tons of small core shots all the time.

Quick question - my daughter smacked up the tail of her Prodigy Ws. Twins. Top sheet is fine, but edge is bent down a bit right at the end of the tail. Only about a quarter inch, for about an inch and a half. Doesn't impact the skiing at all, even switch, but it's opened up the end to getting moisture into the lam. I'm planning on just cleaning it out, filling with epoxy, and clamping it down.

Is there a particular epoxy that you guys recommend? Mostly I just want it to stay dry, secondarily I'd like it to glue it back together.

See pic and thanks for your thoughts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	429.1 KB 
ID:	303043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	526.9 KB 
ID:	303045

^ I did a similar thing, yet smaller, to my new Lhasa, yes a shed a tear. I just used the highest strength slow cure epoxy i could find, gorilla glue. I first clamped it to try to straighten the metal edge, which it did a tiny bit.
    I then filled it with epoxy and hit it with a heat gun with the ski pointed tip down so the epoxy would run into the crack.
    Clamped it again and let it cure. Filed off the excess.
    Super bomber.

Haha, it was one of those snow snakes, not a snow chainsaw. At least I think it was. Fucker got me last season around December in Salt Lake off Flagstaff peak to the East; not quite one of the Emmas. Nailed er good coming in hot. If I recall I was able to stay on my feet. Just slammed into it real good. Did a really shitty repair last year which held for a few days which worked because I wasn't skiing them much. Think I'll repair them for fun/rock skis.

What kind of carbon wrap should I purchase? Looks like there's a place in SLC who sells some little carbon sample patches which I think should work? Any opinions?

https://www.rockwestcomposites.com/m...amples-fabrics

Last thing, do I buy a resin as well to apply the carbon cloth? New one to this fellas. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    And at least it's loose so the damage is rarely catastrophic. Just tons of small core shots all the time.
    At least it's only 5 bucks to fix a core shot. The shops make their dollars in volume.
    We were standing in the tram line--my kid says "do you see what the bottoms of all the locals' skis look like?"

Can’t forget the wind. A slope can look like untouched blower and in reality it’s a 1/2 on top of a screw field. Good to know the mountain!

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Can’t forget the wind. A slope can look like untouched blower and in reality it’s a 1/2 on top of a screw field. Good to know the mountain!

Ha. My first winter in Crested Butte I mached into what I thought was untracked but was just this. Right in front of the T bar line too. Good times. I learned that day that at a mountain like that, if something is untracked there is probably a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Ha. My first winter in Crested Butte I mached into what I thought was untracked but was just this. Right in front of the T bar line too. Good times. I learned that day that at a mountain like that, if something is untracked there is probably a reason.
    Ahh sounds like my first
    Trip to snowbird. I skied some shit up there by great scott, (somebody told me my unfortunate line choice was called darth vader not sure though) anyway first two turns were money then I got to this 2 foot wide pinball line that was down a cliff band... It was like skiing a spike strip the whole way down to the point where my skis were completely hung up on jagged rocks and I got my body below my feet somehow... Smh No tracks no go

Quote Originally Posted by onearmwanderer View Post
    Haha, it was one of those snow snakes, not a snow chainsaw. At least I think it was. Fucker got me last season around December in Salt Lake off Flagstaff peak to the East; not quite one of the Emmas. Nailed er good coming in hot. If I recall I was able to stay on my feet. Just slammed into it real good. Did a really shitty repair last year which held for a few days which worked because I wasn't skiing them much. Think I'll repair them for fun/rock skis.

What kind of carbon wrap should I purchase? Looks like there's a place in SLC who sells some little carbon sample patches which I think should work? Any opinions?

https://www.rockwestcomposites.com/m...amples-fabrics

Last thing, do I buy a resin as well to apply the carbon cloth? New one to this fellas. Thanks!
    If you're bound and determined I'll give a better response later. Carbon wrap will be a waste of time & $ though.

That would be very much appreciated! I'm not in a huge rush to repair them, no hurry. It looks like you're SLC based? Happy to drop you off a sixer as well for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Ahh sounds like my first
    Trip to snowbird. I skied some shit up there by great scott, (somebody told me my unfortunate line choice was called darth vader not sure though) anyway first two turns were money then I got to this 2 foot wide pinball line that was down a cliff band... It was like skiing a spike strip the whole way down to the point where my skis were completely hung up on jagged rocks and I got my body below my feet somehow... Smh No tracks no go

Big man fall hard.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Big man fall hard.
    Actually I didn't go down. It was a no fall zone