Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    i don't take all the bits just PZ3 torx 10 & torx 20, you need an extension to get by most bindings, any driver handle, skin wax in case the skiskin proofer stuff fails, and it all gets ski strapped in that plastic tupperware inside the crampons

you need 2 ( 5 is better) of those longest ski straps & 2 of those big hose clamps minimum to clamp the boot to the ski, a couple of dynafit skin tip stretchers and some rope

what I have always found most useful on any knife or multi tool is a saw like on the swiss army lock blade

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kit.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	344335

all ^^ of this stuff WILL get you out
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-22-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i don't take all the bits just PZ3 torx 10 & torx 20, you need an extension to get by most bindings, any driver handle, skin wax in case the skiskin proofer stuff fails, and it all gets ski strapped in that plastic tupperware inside the crampons

you need 2 ( 5 is better) of those longest ski straps & 2 of those big hose clamps minimum to clamp the boot to the ski, a couple of dynafit skin tip stretchers and some rope

what I have always found most useful on any knife or multi tool is a saw like on the swiss army lock blade

Name:	kit.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	344335

all ^^ of this stuff WILL get you out
    A how-to for kit would be

A how 2 ?

well its rather an organic process ( all fucked up just like yer binding ) you probably ain't really gona use the driver, but if you got enough straps they will get you out, here are 2 scenarios you lose the toe or you lose the heel

Name:	bootstrap2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	344653

Ok so this very rad1 heel sploded at the very top of a run with 1/2 meter of blower pow, so I locked-in the toe and using 2 of the longest Voile straps, I strapped the boot heel to the ski for the ski out on a very long approach, it wasnt a great ski out with that strap dragging in the snow under the base but I did manage to glide out keeping the rest of the team in site. I only had 1 strap which would not have been long enough but lee lau also had 1 strap so we daisy chained them which made the strap was long enough, keep in mind that is a size 24 shell so pretty fucking small which is why i say you need at least 2 straps but 5 is better, the very awesume Dynafit rep warrantied that piece of shit Rad1 heelpiece real quick

Name:	straprepair1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	344654

last year skiing at the hill during low tide buddy hit something and knocked the toe piece clean off the ski not to be found till the spring. So he was looking at a shitty time getting out but fortunatley due to my experiance with binding failure I was packing a bunch of straps. So also using the heel pins to locate the heel we strapped buddys boot toe to the ski something like that pict using 3 straps, I was suprised how well it worked and he was able to Terry Fox it out of there pretty much as quick as the rest of us eh

notice the solid orange colored Titanstrap which is much longer/ stronger /wider than the voile straps and agian you wana get a couple of those

I've never used the 4" hose clamps but started carrying them, these are a little small to go around ski & toe but 2 of them will daisy chain
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-24-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Bumping this excellent thread with something my splitboarder buddy showed me last year: [https://www.sparkrandd.com/gear/spark-tool/]
    And I carry a wad of Voile straps for all of the above reasons, plus for strapping on skins that have lost their sticky. Superglue and a bit of steel wool to fill a reamed out screw hole, a section of beer can plus hose clamps make a great pole splint- super light but sharp as shit. A couple of handwarmer packs as well.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Anyone seen a version of this...
    Name:  spurcycletool.png
Views: 460
Size:  426.5 KB
    https://www.spurcycle.com/products/tool
    That's in stock, cheaper, doesnt need to be ti (but would be cool if made in USA)

This moto trail tool looks pretty slick and versatile as a driver that works at different angles, but hard to tell how big/heavy
    https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0161
    That G3 L tool is super simple, but has fixed bits
    I should just pay up for that doc allen versatool