Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

would YOU ski this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-02-17_14-32-55_729.jpg 
Views:	3166 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	151065

would you feel confident skiing these dumpster finds in high consequence off trail areas? rocky iareas like snowbird? would you feel good about handing these to a "friend" to ski in such areas?

Edge isn't even cracked or separated. Take em to a shop to lay a p-tex strip in it, good as new. Or just ski em, worst that can happen is an edge rips out after catching a rock but they'd work fine till then, and you'd know it when it happens. I think you'd be surprised at how much crap they can take in that state though.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    jesus fuckin christ slag
    perhaps if ya took a little better care of the FREE brand fuckin new pair
    you fuckin desroytoed without any attempt to ever keep maintained
    i'da given you a better pair
    only you could fuckin whine about a couple skibums givin you free skis
    that your to busy joining newschoolers to return
    cereal dude your fuckin whining about FREE skis
    it's not like your aint showered bo reekin ass ever sold a pair
    you got free skis cause you explinfied the skibum attitude
    and now your whining about free skis because i repeatedly asked you to return the perfectly fine demo binders so a more worthy maggot can use them
    and your'e telling me you can't do it till we go down to an 80" base
    tell ya what when mother fuckers ask me to return free shit they let me use i am there asap with a thanks for hookin me up smile on my face and a nug in my hand
    get a fuckin clue dude
    Last edited by skifishbum; 02-21-2014 at 08:36 AM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    jesus fuckin christ slag
    perhaps if ya took a little better care of the FREE brand fuckin new pair
    you fuckin desroytoed without any attempt to ever keep maintained
    i'da given you a better pair
    only you could fuckin whine about a couple skibums givin you free skis
    that your to busy joining newschoolers to return
    cereal dude your fuckin whining about FREE skis
    it's not like your aint showered bo reekin ass ever sold a pair
    you got free skis cause you explinfied the skibum attitude
    and now your whining about free skis because i repeatedly asked you to return the perfectly fine demo binders so a more worthy maggot can use them
    and your'e telling me you can't do it till we go down to an 80" base
    tell ya what when mother fuckers ask me to return free shit they let me use i am there asap with a thanks for hookin me up smile on my face and a nug in my hand
    get a fuckin clue dude
    whats this about slaag on newschooolerz?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

yo slag the thing that disheartens me most is
    you and i both know that those skis were not like that when you took them from my garage
    yes they are thin in the base and well used but that bassturd core shot wasn't there
    you are so sadly fuckin butthurt that you started this thread and lied or insinuated that i gave you a dangerous product or you deserve better free fuckin skis
    please get over it and return the skis and binders in a timely manner
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Edge is fine. Lay down some ptex and ride dem rock skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post

would you feel confident skiing these dumpster finds in high consequence off trail areas? rocky iareas like snowbird? would you feel good about handing these to a "friend" to ski in such areas?
    by high consquence do you mean danger wankin in your little ammo box whack shack fort you spend the majority of your ski time in?

If it's a rock/crap/pow board, you can also fill it with marine putty epoxy. Cheap fix, doesn't slide as well, but as soon as you get off the flats, you don't notice. just keep it on the outside edge.

that is nothing for damage

I'd try warrantying them.

By high consequence you mean puff puff- consequence from being high.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Totally confident, more confident on those than on some spendy pair of skis I want to baby...it's a special feeling of confidence when you see some chocolate-chips in front of you and you can just stomp away because you're on some rock boards.

If I loaned them to a friend I'd be totally confident because of the above, and because if they came back with a blown sidewall it's like oh well, fuck it. I mean, what better ski to loan to a buddy...especially somebody from out of town who doesn't know where all the bony patches are.

I'm sure those ski grabby as fuck with that huge dig, but 10 minutes of love with some billy mays mighty putty and a panzer file and you're back in bizness.

Back in my bumming days I skied the shit out of so many pairs of paper-thin, tuned-to-death old demos...the price was right.

This^^^^ Not worrying about destroying skis makes things a lot easier to handle. Patch and ride like a banshee. Wish I had my rock skis on last weekend on a rare powder/low tide day. My rock skis are is worse shape btw.

I've skied worse...fuck that still has edges. I once had touring skis (K2 AK enemy) with 2 feet of missing edge. just skied it on the ouside...till I got a foot of missing edge on the other side.

ps. Slaag, don't be a douche about the skis... I remember before ya got all spancered and high and mighty and shit.... you were stoked on your 20 year old, skinny, straight skis, bought for 25cents at the DI. you've been slaying on the fat boards for a couple years now because of SFB's generosity. Clean it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Splat owes you a new pair or sure.

Can someone explain what's going on, someone who posts in english?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    ps. Slaag, don't be a douche about the skis... I remember before ya got all spancered and high and mighty and shit.... you were stoked on your 20 year old, skinny, straight skis, bought for 25cents at the DI. you've been slaying on the fat boards for a couple years now because of SFB's generosity. Clean it up.

Word up.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    1st world butthurt.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    From what I gather things may have gone down like this:

SFB gave Slaag some rock skis in exchange for some...weed/truck side view mirror/dinner at Luffys new place of employ/pure generosity (circle one). Said skis had some initial base damage made worse by Slaag post the transfer due to the rocky nature of the Wasatch and surrounding area.

This is where its a bit fuzzy, even for me...

Slaag referred to said transfer as being from a "friend." The quotation marks (Slaags, not mine) seem to indicate the quality of friendship has deteriorated since the initial exchange and probably occurred outside the scope of this exchange, but the skis were the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back."

Slaag subsequently decided to air his grievance with SFB in an online ski forum hoping for the sympathy of fellow skiers who would side with him in this dispute, and the above verbal exchange ensued.

btw, nobody's perfect. Especially a bunch of quasi-addict ski bum refugees from real life.

People get bitchy and lame, it happens. Power through this one fellas. Hug it out. Life's too short. /drphil

btw, when I'm serving as the Official Voice of Reason shit has gone fubar. srsly.

newschoolerzz has been mentioned and
    now I want to hear details of this meal from Luffys
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Timberridge has excellent of retard-to-English translation skills. Thanks!

except there was also something in there about demo bindings and an original pair of skis that had to be returned, or something.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Oh, I see that. Perhaps TR can supplement.

I ran SFB's post through Gizoogle to see if that would help clarify the situation. You be the judge:

jesus fuckin christ slag
    like if ya took a lil mo' betta care of tha FREE brand fuckin freshly smoked up pair
    you fuckin desroytoed without any attempt ta eva keep maintained
    i'da given you a funky-ass mo' betta pair
    only you could fuckin whine on some cold-ass lil couple skibums givin you free skis
    that yo' ta busy joinin newschoolaz ta return
    cereal dude yo' fuckin whinin bout FREE skis
    itz not like yo' aint showered bo reekin ass eva sold a pair
    you gots free skis cause you explinfied tha skibum attitude
    and now yo' whinin bout free skis cuz i repeatedly axed you ta return tha perfectly fine demo bindaz so a mo' worthy maggot can use them
    and your'e spittin some lyrics ta me you can't do it till we go down ta a 80" base
    tell ya what tha fuck when mutha fuckers ask me ta return free shiznit they let me use i be there asap wit a props fo' hookin me up smile on mah grill n' a nug up in mah hand
    get a gangbangin' fuckin clue dude
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.