Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    What was the jurisdiction? There used to be a service in NYC that would fight tickets based on just such errors. Have used it with great success.

Fightmy ticket it some such? Is run by a former meter maid-
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

How come no one has talked about garnishing, or 1st World Problems?

Slipping.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Hugh Conway Guest
    how do you garnish delivery tips MTM?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I dunno about the ticket. But I do find myself wondering where you were in such a hurry to get to that you had to blaze through a yeller in full view of the fuzz.
    Clearly he was under pressure from management not to violate Domino's 20 minute delivery guarantee.

Just explain to the judge that your livelihood was on the line.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Wait, Dominos is down to a 20 minute guarantee now?
    I still call it The Jake.

Hugh Conway Guest
    aww fuck BMills is going to start a class action suit. BOHICA Benny

Shit, in Anchorage you get a ticket if you stop at a yellow light. At least 5 cars are expected to run every red light.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I'm not sure why Benny doesn't hire a driver, like the rest of the 0.1%.

Good God man. This isn't the first thread you have started with "I fucked up but how can I get out with no pain to me by pinning it on someone else." Don't you ever just man up and pay the dues for your fuck ups? I mean if it's your license on the line do whatever you can but really. Did you miss the article in The Times this past week where your mayor said he was going put a stop to taxis and bicycle delivery boys running down tourists and little old Jewish ladies? Bad timing dude. You are fucked and we will understand a lapse in your posting here when the Judge points you to Rikers for a short stay to make his boss happy and give a headline for the Daily News to strike fear into pedicab drivers. Funny, just last week I had the pleasure to use logic, morality and my telephone verbal skills to tell some "We're entitled" parents why I wasn't going to pay for new rims and tires on their baby boys HS graduation present. They talked small claims but got sooo quiet when I told them the paperwork was already filled out for my "no contact" court order and I just had to file it if I decided to. Twisted the knife by saying I normally would have liked to help the kid out but he was such a vulgar dick toward my wife and mom was such an enabler I just couldn't do a thing and send the boy the wrong message. I just call them as I see them.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

So you slashed some rich kids tires then threatened his parents with a no contact order when they confronted you about it?

Hard core.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

No, some kid that drives with his head up his ass (Like any 17 y.o. old, me included at that age) opted to hang in the Mrs. blind spot on 17th Ave NW and ended up running into the curb rather than give way to her turn signal and slow move to the right for an entry to I-90W. She never saw him. His calling her over at the light and verbal, "Fucking old lady. You owe me some fucking money", the bill he sent us for a tire and rim that grew to two of each for the insurance report and the follow up daily threatening calls from mom into the Mrs voice mail cooked their goose. The insurance investigation showed no fault on our part. The claims adjuster suggested I call the cops but that's not how I roll. I did my due diligence. Goggle gave me the street view of their $2 million dollar house in Bellevue. Info on Dad's big job as a financial consultant and the kids history at his private school. Do NOT mess with my lady. I HAD to ensure that if they crossed paths again he would not do something stupid. Had the kid been a polite working stiff, we honestly would have kicked in. The wife and I have taught teenagers and gave him a valuable life lesson if he chooses. An option I communicated to the parents hoping they would get it. I don't do these things just for malice or sport. I have always enjoyed teaching kids right from wrong. You really don't know me. We should have a beer.

Like a neighbor once told me after I messed with the mind of another neighbor who called the cops on me when he was in the wrong. "Wooley, your cool. You don't get mad but you do get even." Rightious vengeance is best served cold.

Heh. I liked the idea of you slashing his tires better.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Ha. I was lucky I guess and born to great parents and with a gift I guess. I got pulled over 12 times (I kept count) as a new driver but the cops took pity on my sweet Wally Cleaver behavior and let me go every time. Until I got wise to a cop that pulled up on me and the Mrs to Be finding Paradise by the Dash Board Lights (heavy petting back in the day) at a local park after legal hours. Cop wrote a note on the back of the ticket to the judge about what a wise-ass I was. A fine bigger than running a red light was levied. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Ha. I was lucky I guess and born to great parents and with a gift I guess. I got pulled over 12 times (I kept count) as a new driver but the cops took pity on my sweet Wally Cleaver behavior and let me go every time. Until I got wise to a cop that pulled up on me and the Mrs to Be finding Paradise by the Dash Board Lights (heavy petting back in the day) at a local park after legal hours. Cop wrote a note on the back of the ticket to the judge about what a wise-ass I was. A fine bigger than running a red light was levied. Lesson learned.
    did I take a wrong turn to a 1950's TV forum???
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    aww fuck BMills is going to start a class action suit. BOHICA Benny
    I'm just going to need the names of everyone who didn't receive their pie in 20 minutes or less.

No Noids either.

Oh, and I'm going to need a real sleazy litigator.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Got a running a red light today. No, it was yellow. Anyway, the little prick put the wrong answer date on the thing. I'm supposed to answer by 02/08/14, and today is, obviously, 02/19/14. Doesn't that make this ticket invalid?
    O-K, most probably unlike the other posters here...so far, my professional career was in the Criminal Justice field. Bear in mind that every state has slightly different traffic laws and methods of adjudicating violations, and even individual municipalities within the same state vary from one to another. So, with out of the way, I suggest...

1) Set a court date. Some jurisdictions dismiss citations if the Officer doesn't appear in court. While some Cops like the overtime of court, many find it a hassle and concoct excuses to get out of going. There's one exception, though; if the violator was a Dick, even the Cop who hates court will likely go anyway just to spite the Dick.
    So, try not to be a Dick, because you'll be remembered...well. In busy jurisdictions with docket backlogs, a Cop who talks to a shitload of people daily (many assholes among them) may well forget the benign and cooperative Joe Schmoe he wrote a standard citation to several months ago. If the cop can't identify you in court or forgets key details of the contact, the citation will likely be dismissed.
    Say you're unlucky and the Cop shows up, has a photographic memory, and you're convicted. Even then, sympathetic Judges (fairly common) may significantly lower the fine from what is listed on the "Fine Schedule," grant Deferred Adjudication, set up a payment plan, and other things to make the sting more bearable. Again, set a court date.
    2) 98.8% of people accused or running a red light insist with all their righteous might that the light was yellow. The Judge will be stifling a yawn as you do this. It's a non-starter. You can say you were distracted trying to think of what supplies you needed to pick up for the soup kitchen after leaving your volunteer stint at the old folks home and thought it was yellow, but an outright denial will be met with an eye-roll...guaranteed. Hope for #1 above.
    3) The court date error is tougher, and it depends on the internal policies of the prosecutorial office of your Municipal Court. Since the error is not relevant to the violation itself, I seriously doubt it would warrant a dismissal. If he listed the wrong offense date, time, and/or location, for example, that guarantees a dismissal. This was only an error entailing the deadline for disposing of the citation..."housekeeping," for a lack of a better term. The funny thing is that if you ignored the ticket and later got arrested for Failure to Appear, that charge would likely be dismissed due to confusion on the deadline date for appearance. Of course, you would still be on the hook for the original violation, not to mention having to do some jail time in the meantime for the FTA.

Yet again, set a court date, appear as directed, and discuss the matter with the court. If they tell you to fuck yourself, refer back to #1.
    If you're flat broke and as a last option, you could let it go into warrant status, turn yourself in on some weekend when you have nothing better to do, and "sit out" the fine in the local lock-up. A ticket shouldn't warrant (hey, a pun) more than 2-3 days in the slam. Again, I'd really go for #1, though.

This is a ticket, not ax-murder, so I'd blow off paying for a lawyer. The exception to that advice is if you're close to being suspended for habitual violator; you could probably use the expertise of one then. If you get one, and he/she says they'll take care of it, follow up! Show up at court with your lawyer, even if not required to do so. You would be amazed how many people get locked up over warrants due to their lawyers dropping the ball in some way or another.

That about covers my free advice. Like I said, there are likely some differences in how some of this is handled in your specific municipality.
    Enjoy!
    "Now, if any of you homos touch me...and I'll kill ya." - Private Francis Soyer

^^^ crap that sounds like a helluva lot of work Benny. Since he seems to have a knack for fundraising, I'd just pm digitaldeath to see if he could help you set up a gofundme to pay the ticket.

Fuck it, I just paid it. Not worth the bother. I hope that little prick who gave me the ticket gets some std from some Stamford street walker he bangs in some cheap motel off 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Ironwood View Post
    O Even then, sympathetic Judges (fairly common) may significantly lower the fine from what is listed on the "Fine Schedule,"
    Enjoy!
    this^^ buddy law got me for expired insurance and no seat belt, drives me to the insurance office to buy ,drives me out to my car and on the way he sez " I have no idea if the judge will reduce your ticket if you show up for court?"while he is nodding his head up and down

judge reduced a $700 fine to $390 so it was worth showing up and not acting like an asshole

Just give a lame excuse like you had a fight with your wife ... judge seemed to be cutting every bodies fine in half
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    this^^ buddy law got me for expired insurance and no seat belt, drives me to the insurance office to buy ,drives me out to my car and on the way he sez " I have no idea if the judge will reduce your ticket if you show up for court?"while he is nodding his head up and down

judge reduced a $700 fine to $390 so it was worth showing up and not acting like an asshole

Just give a lame excuse like you had a fight with your wife ... judge seemed to be cutting every bodies fine in half
    In WA you have to choose to either contest the ticket or mitigate it. Contestation is binary - pay full fine or get it tossed. Mitigation can result in a reduction but if you elect this type of hearing, you commonly opt out of a full dismissal. Dan Samas is the only known attorney in WA to successfully contest a mitigation based on contestation arising from a mitigation hearing.

Hugh Conway Guest
    so, I've learned from this thread that Rod Ironwood's an idiot, and that the TGR legal minds have moved from ambulance chasing to traffic tickets

But he's our idiot, Hugh.

Full disclosure: TL;DR on esquire/officer/court stenographer/bailiff? Ironwood's treatise.

And who says I can't chase ambulances AND traffic tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fuck it, I just paid it. Not worth the bother. I hope that little prick who gave me the ticket gets some std from some Stamford street walker he bangs in some cheap motel off 95.
    Crass probably knows about this too.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    And who says I can't chase ambulances AND traffic tickets?
    that's next level shit man, you are too good for us.